• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Stephen Harper Hates Me Pins

rainygirl

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey, I'm unsure what the policy is but I went into the canteen at work today and there was a note saying "take one blah blah blah", with a string a bunch of Stephen Harper Hates me pins attached.
I was working yesterday during Remembrance Day and it was not there.

Should I take it down and bring this to the attention of my WO or is this not really important and let it be?

I'm guessing one of your bosses'll want to be told, for sure.  Don't know chapter and verse, but there's lots of reasons politics can't be advocated in a military workplace.

Just wear one in place of your cap badge and go see your WO. That will get his attention. And you will find out if it is important or not.

Scott said:
Just wear one in place of your cap badge and go see your WO. That will get his attention. And you will find out if it is important or not.
Someone passed me one.  I was tempted to put it on and go into the shore office and watch the fireworks show...  >:D

From what I know those pins were produced by one of the public sector unions.  While obviously inappropriate for CF members (and likely counter to QR&O on political activism), they are likely not illegal for members of the public service.  Inappropriate for public servants, to be sure, but that is a different issue.  (Presumably you work in a location with a mix of CF members and PS employees).

Flag it to your superiors.

Just did a Google search and these pins, buttons, ect...have been in the news this year.

As dapaterson mentioned, not allowed for CF members. There is no harm in mentioning your question/concern to your supervisor.

jollyjacktar said:
Someone passed me one.  I was tempted to put it on and go into the shore office and watch the fireworks show...  >:D

But you didn't.

So much fail. ;D

Ahhh once in a blue moon I have a bit of common sense stick somewhere.  There was a time tho...  I coulda been a contenda

Can we wear it instead of the made in China war of 1812 pin or change it to say "The Goverment Hates Me" >:D

Tank Troll said:
Can we wear it instead of the made in China war of 1812 pin or change it to say "The Goverment CBC Hates Me" >:D

There, that sounds better maybe to the CoC.  ;)

dapaterson said:
From what I know those pins were produced by one of the public sector unions.

Yep, I'm sure that will make friends in the government who are sympathetic to you views.

Back