• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For!

Brat56

Inactive
Reaction score
BRATWURST! Can you imagine? I lived in Lahr for 5 years, so of course I know what a real BRATWURST is. I live in Kitchener now, where there are German Food stores galore not to mention the various Farmers Markets and Oktoberfest and I still can't find a real good BRATWURST that compares to German ones.
For a place that used to be called "Little Berlin" geesh!

4 words for ya; St. Jacobs Farmers market

If you can't find it there, you aren't looking hard enough.

878 Weber St. N., Waterloo, ON  N2J 4A9
1-800-265-3353

My wife's family are all German... some of the oldest German families in KW, and they seem to be able to fine damn good Bratwurst... I didn't even like Bratwurst 'till I met her.

I am damn sure there's at least one German butcher in the SJFM who makes old fashion German Bratwurst...

Brandt meats

'Nuff said.

You have not lived, until you have been to Brandt.

Trust me, the best Wurst und Würstchen this side of the Danube.

And Bratwurst Sausage to die for, forget about it.  You can do your groceries, then saunter over to the hot table.  Grab their Bratwurst special, 2 Bratwurst Sausage (Your choice of pork or veal), large helping of homemade Sauerkraut, Fried Potatoes that are addictive, and a potato and leak soup.  Pay,  sit down, eat and you will be singing danke schoen between mouthfulls.

Saturday, you can say forget about it, but I say it is the best way to experience it.  They literally own the whole block with all of their buildings as they pretty much supply all the major super markets in Canada with their cold cuts.

Everything is made in house, the traditional way.

Geez I should get a fee for service.

Trust me, an experience in itself.

dileas

tess

Brat56 said:
For a place that used to be called "Little Berlin" geesh!

Actually we used to be just "Berlin" until 1916 when we didn't want to be associated with ze Germans. Take heed and hit up the St. Jacobs Farmers Market. Delicious.

That market is great. Just keep going down king street.
I think theres also a Kitchener farmers market, but I dunno anything about it.

Back