• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Strange situation..

Tyrnagog

Inactive
Reaction score
Well, I was given and I accepted an offer today...  strangely enough..

Starngely enough, because I applied back in May, for the Summer selection Board for Sig O, and the offer is for a January IAP/BOTP...

is this normal?  Or what may have caused this large gap between offer and start?

Not that I am upset or anything... just, confused... especially when I thought my chances were nil due to me not being accepted for a Fall start..

Oh well..

cheers all!

is this normal?  Or what may have caused this large gap between offer and start?

Well, off the top of my head, maybe your MOC course for this year was full, and didn't have room, or maybe there wasn't even a Sig O course starting until next year.

Another thing that comes to mind is that maybe you were merit listed as #10 for example, and they only hired 8 this year.

Just a few possibilities that come to mind.

Howdy - yeah, B2Fs answer sounds right, IMHO. I don't think DEOs ever go on the summer BOTP, or not often, mostly just RMC cadets. And the Sept. one started last week, so next year is the earliest they've got...I think I got my offer in June for September, so getting it in Sept. for Jan. is about the same timeline...in any case, great to see you stuck it out - you would have been in Murph and my platoon last year (he saw your name on the list) but the family's got to come first at least once, and everything worked out in the end. I don't know if you're planning to move them out for Second Lang., but if you have any questions, drop me a line.
Congrats,
Ralph.
PS (don't know if they're still offering Sigs guys that bonus, hopefully for you it's a yes - if not, it's only money)... ;)

Congratulations man, don't question it, just go with it...hahahaha

But yeah that sounds kind of strange, I was under the impression that the DEO board would meet in Oct/Nov for the Jan BOTC

Hey Ralph,

How're things going?  How's the 2nd language and MOC training going?  Any fun stories from IAP/BOTP?  Send me a PM...

tyrnagog

congrats ! and good luck

when did the cfrc sent your file to borden?
did the borden board had a chance to view your file in may sittings?

Thanks John Lee, all...

John Lee.. in answer to your questions (trying to decipher through the poor grammar, at least)...

CFRC sent my file to Borden back in June, to be considered for the Fall period.  I was wait-listed, and I guess they liked me enough to sign me up for the Winter (How cold does St. Jean get, anyway?)

So my file was reviewed this past spring, and an offer given for this coming winter.. does this answer your questions?

Back