• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sudan man forced to 'marry' goat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungle

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4748292.stm

Sudan man forced to 'marry' goat  

A Sudanese man has been forced to take a goat as his "wife", after he was caught having sex with the animal.
The goat's owner, Mr Alifi, said he surprised the man with his goat and took him to a council of elders.

They ordered the man, Mr Tombe, to pay a dowry of 15,000 Sudanese dinars ($50) to Mr Alifi.

"We have given him the goat, and as far as we know they are still together," Mr Alifi said.

Mr Alifi, Hai Malakal in Upper Nile State, told the Juba Post newspaper that he heard a loud noise around midnight on 13 February and immediately rushed outside to find Mr Tombe with his goat.

"When I asked him: 'What are you doing there?', he fell off the back of the goat, so I captured and tied him up".

Mr Alifi then called elders to decide how to deal with the case.

"They said I should not take him to the police, but rather let him pay a dowry for my goat because he used it as his wife," Mr Alifi told the newspaper.

"We have given him the goat, and as far as we know they are still together," Mr Alifi said."
Man, this is killing me !!!  ;D  ;D

how embarassing....  ???

What will the children look like? hopefully they take after their mother....

Makes me wonder if all those comments made when the Gay Marriage Debate was on, about the next thing we will see is a bunch of Cowboys marrying their horses is going to come true.  I guess the debate on Polygamy will now start up in a more heated manner, again too.

George Wallace said:
Makes me wonder if all those comments made when the Gay Marriage Debate was on, about the next thing we will see is a bunch of Cowboys marrying their horses is going to come true.  I guess the debate on Polygamy will now start up in a more heated manner, again too.

I don't think the opinion and actions of a few Sudanese elders will make any headway
in the polygamy debate. 

Apples and Oranges.  Marrying an animal lacks consent, polygamy requires consent (just one example of differences)

A precedence has been set, Padre.  It is, after all, a very small world.  ;D

George Wallace said:
A precedence has been set, Padre.  It is, after all, a very small world.  ;D

You're right George...

You get the goat.... I'll marry you to her.  ;)

"..... and then they moved to Goatback Mountain, and lived haa-aaa-pily ever after"

Trinity said:
Apples and Oranges.  Marrying an animal lacks consent, polygamy requires consent (just one example of differences)

Edit this, please, my harem is under a different set of assumptions. ;D

<clap clap> sponge bath time ladies!

Once the man comes to Canada, will we have to allow his 'wife' over as well?  Who handles this? Immigration or agriculture?  What benefits is the Goat entitled to?  You know, if the 'crats even THINK the goat MIGHT vote Liberal, she/he/it is a shoe-in.

Tom

That goat has loose morals... I'm sure there are plenty of Albertans out there that would give it a warm, warm welcome.

I guess that guy will have to grow a Goatee and start telling Baaaaaaad Jokes. 

We do have Medicare for animals now, don't we?

It would be possible for him to immigrate here, and demand rights for his 'wife' under the CHRC.  She may even get fast tracked for Citizenship, being a small business owner and supplier to the Dairy Industry.  Gives a whole new meaning to 'applying for a SIN Card'.  He may even be eligible for the Order of Canada, if he lists himself as an 'Excentric Artist'.  The NDP will love him.  He will be able to collect Welfare and live in subsidized housing, while he put his wife out to work to maintain him in the lifestyle he so richly wants.  Just think of the contributions he can make to this country.  He can become an advocate for Inter-species Marriage.  Bring all the Gay and Lesbian Rights Lawyers into his fold, and in ten years we'll see a new controversy to throw the Americans for a loop.  It'll be the 'True Canadian Way'. 

Yes.  He'll fit in just fine here.

Does anyone know if there is a link to the Iraqi's doing the goats on thermal imaging .....it would be a great email to send to everyone I know...classic! ;)

At least their kids will never need sweaters.

Is his wife's name Beeeeeeetty?

M :brickwall:

Thats just Baaaaaah-d. Kinda remids me of the story I heard of a fine young gentlemen from the south (the deeep south) who wanted to marry his Mustang GT. the father of the bride being henry ford, and her birthplace being detroit. can anyone confirm that story about the autophile? seems almost too outlandish to be true.

In any case, its a strange strange world out there.

"That goat has loose morals... I'm sure there are plenty of Albertans out there that would give it a warm, warm welcome. "

- Well, GA, that's only if it isn't an EASTERN goat.  Them eastern goats can go freeze in the dark...

;D

Tom

Now I've got some time on my hands............................

What if I started a mail order goat service? You know, post pictures of attractive available goats on a website, mail the goat of your choice anywhere in the world.

"NANNY'S - R - US"

hmmmmmmm, the potential  ;D

I often wondered about those kabob farmers in Cyprus, maybe they were happier than we ever imagined  :eek:

Glorified Ape said:
That goat has loose morals... I'm sure there are plenty of Albertans out there that would give it a warm, warm welcome.

As opposed to the Montreal "men" who are so enamoured with each other, they would pay no attention to a female ----- of any species!

I guess when a story about a Sudanese farmer eviolves to Canadian regional insults we can lock it down.  Try approaching a Moderator if you think you have something constructive to add.  Do not be surprised if the thread disappears as a waste of bandwidth that has run its course. Thank you for your participation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back