• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Suicides - Split from: Shooting rampage at Fort Hood

Nemo888

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
There were 19 suicides in Fort Hood last year. Place sounds like a hell hole.

Nemo888 said:
There were 19 suicides in Fort Hood last year. Place sounds like a hell hole.

Do you have any concept on how large Ft Hood is? 

In 2012 a US service member killed themselves ever 25 hours, ratio wise or whatever.

I do actually. 1 in roughly 2100 committed suicide in "The Great Place" last year.

There are 41000 soldiers in Ft Hood. Works out to approx 48 suicides per 100 000. The US National average is at 12 per 100 000.

The overall post population is estimated at about 71,000, of which are almost 42,000 soldiers. The rest are family members living on post, employees of the Army Air Force Exchange Service, volunteers and other employees. The 1st Cavalry Division is staffed with more than 17,000 soldiers, while the 4th Infantry Division has more than 11,000. The 13th Corps Support Com-mand has about 5,600, the 3rd Signal Brigade has 1,600 and the 89th Military Police Brigade has almost 1,000. Also: the Headquarters Command has about 850 soldiers; the 3rd Personnel Group with almost 800; the 21st Cavalry Brigade with more than 300; the 21st Replacement Company with more than 150; and other units at Fort Hood have about 1,200 soldiers. There are more than 37,000 enlisted soldiers and more than 3,700 officers. In addition, more than 300 Air Force airmen are on duty at the post.
  http://usmilitary.about.com/od/armybaseprofiles/ss/hood_3.htm

Are these suicides all military, or could some of them be civilian employees, contractors, family or visitors (military or civilian).  Don't forget that not only are there over 70,000 people "posted" to Fort Hood, there are also a large number of transient units who come to train there. 

Seriously.

You guys are trying to parse the suicides of these unfortunate people?

Give it a rest and go find something constructive to do.

:facepalm:

recceguy said:
Seriously.

You guys are trying to parse the suicides of these unfortunate people?

Give it a rest and go find something constructive to do.

:facepalm:

Actually, what do suicides have to do with this topic.

Split.

George Wallace said:
Actually, what do suicides have to do with this topic.

Split.

You tell us George. You're the one participating in this ridiculous thread, not me.

But thanks for trying to drag me into responsibility with my single dissenting comment.

If you were going to split it, you should have included your original comment that co-started the subject.

A little perspective is required.The article below is from Jan. of this year.Suicides are a tragedy and in many cases are attributed to combat tours.

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local/suicides-spike-once-again-at-fort-hood/nT2yW/

Back