• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Summer OJT

Lumber

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Reaction score
While we compelted MARS-II (NETPO) last summer, our MARS-III training has been pushed to after graduation so that we can conduct MARS-III and IV consecutively. As such, my fellow NCdts and I have been slated for OJT this summer, and I was wondering if I could get some help/advice on getting a favourable OJT.

Personally, I would like to spend the summer on board a warship that is actually going to put to sea for a portion of the summer. Specifically, I would really like to be attach-posted to the Corner Brook, because I have a real interest in submarines. However, if it is not going to put to sea (or if I can't go to sea with it, being untrained and all), I would rather be posted to a surfice ship that is.
Lastly, if none of this is possible, I'd rather get posted to CFRC Hamilton, so I can live at home, and avoid working with sea cadets. Again.  :brickwall:

First, is being posted to the Corner Brook/surface warship that is going to see sea time feasible? Second, who should I be talking to/firing memos off to to make it happen?

Thanks for any help or advice anyone can give.

Lumber said:
Second, who should I be talking to/firing memos off to to make it happen?

Your current supervisor......what did you think ?

Hmm... I guess I walked into that one.

Well, is there anyone outside of the college who could be of help, without it being considered going bypassing the COC?

Lumber said:
Well, is there anyone outside of the college who could be of help, without it being considered going bypassing the COC?

Anyone you know at the school that wears a Navy uniform. You could ask them to make an informal inquiry to someone they know either in the subs or in the heavies ? Once you have an unoficial line on a spot that will take you, fire off a memo with a detailed "suggestion" to your CoC and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try and arrange a chat with one of the naval officers here.

Cheers

Back