• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Supplements on BMQ (merged)

Sorry bro but I'm afraid i can't help here without more details,

How long before SQ? What are your goals and what will you do to achieve them. As a person that hasn't done any basic or SQ training yet i don't wanna offer advice that may not be adequate for this, since i have not done this myself.

However, if i was to train for SQ, push-up routine, interval cardio work, High intensity cardio, alot of running and distance running. Maybe someone who has done SQ recently can make better recommendation's, I'd rather not go there without knowledge for myself.

But as for genera fitness and weight loss, and training methods I can help you out there. ;D

Well I am almost done SQ now, I have been working on getting leaner now I wanna make it masier..if you know what I mean.

quick question that a couple guys and i would like to know, i havn't came accross anything yet but here it is... i workout quite a bit and i take supplements, are you allowed bringing eg. small bottles of sealed creatine, or small bottles of protein, like i mean i know your not suppose to bring lots of junk, and well if you kept it in the barracks and took it first thing in the morning with like water would that be fine? or does the CF have a different say in it? the recruiting officers havn't mentioned anything..... if anyone knows anything please post a message back. thanks

If you bring stuff like that, your instructors will take it away when you get to the School and it will be returned to you at the end of the course.
Anyway, you don't need that crap... it's a waste of money. Just eat a balanced diet, you'll get everything you need.

ah yes, thought of that,

thanks

EDIT: I took out your little roll-eyes, I refered this question to Jungle for a specific reason,..... BTDT
Son, between this and "the other thing" your off to a rough start here, time to put the signal to receive.........

Umm to add to this...

I don't take stuff quite like that...but are you allowed to bring Vitamin C pills? I drink orange juice and that..but I also take vitamin C pills, being in sports it can be important.

I did on my course, great for battling the good ol' shack hack. Never had a problem.

Jungle said:
If you bring stuff like that, your instructors will take it away when you get to the School and it will be returned to you at the end of the course.
Anyway, you don't need that crap... it's a waste of money. Just eat a balanced diet, you'll get everything you need.

My friend was allowed to use that "crap" (whole other argument/topic in itself) freely on his BMQ in Oct. 04 as it was obvious he was a bodybuilder. He put it into his box but his instructors knew he was drinking shakes at night and encouraged him to do so.

Be aware that if you're going for an aircrew trade, there are a number of supplements that are classed as "shall not take" on the flight surgeon database.  The list includes ephedra-based products, creatine, St John's Wort and valerian.  Products containing "bitter orange" (synephrine) were added with CANFORGEN 001/05.

hmmm strictly just infantry lol anyone know any regulations against it?

they encouraged him to drink them?
beautiful ;D

Steve,
Are you talking the Reg. force school at St Jean? I would check with your friend exactly what he meant by "shakes"
since the answer that was given more than comes from the "horses mouth".

would i beable to contact St.Jean before my BMQ and ask them if these supplements are ok to bring? its not like i want to bring testosterone this, and other crap that, just like my multivitamins ???

oh and to add to this does anyone who attened/attending BMQ know if your aloud too.

awnsers are much appreciated  :salute:

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Steve,
Are you talking the Reg. force school at St Jean? I would check with your friend exactly what he meant by "shakes"
since the answer that was given more than comes from the "horses mouth".

Yes, reg force in st. jean. By shakes he was referring to your typical whey protein shakes, he used ProLab I believe.

Which,in my uninformed opinion, would probably be different than bottles of creatine and/or pill bottles full of amino acids,nitric oxide, ephedrine, etc, which would not be easily distinguishable from, say, certain illegal pill bottles full of...........

Pretty much yeah, although Mike F mentioned protein bottles and Jungle basically said it would be taken away.

The pill bottles and such I can see being taken away, even the creatine (in fact creatine more so since it would technically give a slight and perhaps unfair advantage to the recruit using it although it is in no way an illegal or "cheating" substance). Ephedrine I can definately see being taken away, especially if the instructor is familiar with the product and it's effects (both good and bad).

But I was talking strictly about the protein .. but probably best to buy it in powder form cause aside from being better, the capsules may cause said problems.

So once again just to reiterate, my friend only brought a 5 pounder of whey protein in powder form and that they had no qualms about letting him take.

personally i like prolabs whey protein ;D ::)

ha a little off topic there

thanks guys for the posts so far. great discussion

Like it was posted before......  When you get to st-jean your instructors will take the vitamines and suppliments from you and give them back at the end of the course.

I have been at the school for 3 years and It has not changed yet. :)

I'm just wondering if supplements are aloud in Basic Training. I'm currently taking a few supplements now and am just wondering if I can continue running them while I'm in Basic. The supplements I'm taking are:

Whey Protein
Glutamine
Flax Oil
Multi-vitamin

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.  :salute:

:cdn:

I highly doubt it.  One of the first things they make you do at St-Jean is get rid of any food, non-prescription meds (including vitamins), etc. that you've brought with you.

Back