• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

supply system?

sigtech

Inactive
Reaction score
Why is it that a regular force member isn't issued standard kit, clothe the soldier seems like a farce. Here is the new kit but you can't have it we don't have enough so only these people get it. When will the forces get it and buy the correct amount of kit for all serving members.
:crybaby: Just the Whining of a Forces member

I take it you must be new in the CF. Because otherwise you know about limited budgets. We don't have the MONEY. Simple.
No big mystery here. MONEY.
Did I say MONEY??

Maybe when we get some everyone will have all the right (new) kit. Cross your fingers.

Not to mention that people deployed have priority on kit or at least they should over personnel in garrison.

The way it should work

1) Deployed members Regular and Reserves
2) Reg force Field Units
3) Reg Force Garrison units
4) Then all other Reserve units

they way it works
1) Deployed ( as it should be)
2) People with Friends that are supply Techs
3) Reg Force Field units
4) Res units
5) Then get in line and hope

No I am not a new military member just tired of have supply techs treating items on there shelves like they own them.

Hell, I cant even get a bloody pair of combat boot laces. Apparently they are out of stock here and have been for some time, they have no idea when they will have more in and looked at me like an idiot when I asked for them. I am now using the laces from my parade boots on my safety boots, whats up with that??

Occassionally I find, when you start to get questioned why your not paradeing on a regular basis or on field ex's, you let your NCM know they don't have boot laces available, so I can't go bare foot into the field....Once word gets to your sgt-mjr, the supply system would be sorted out....Just an opinion though, worked in Edmonton!

I am sure it worked in Edmonton with little or no problems but things are a little different (read f**&#ng strange) here in sunny old Greenwood. Besides Im going on leave for two weeks starting tomorrow so that should give them time to at least order some laces (yeah right).

cbt arms sub tech said:
Sorry, let your troop warrant know or sgt?

NCO would have done the trick.

Hint: Non-Commissioned Member (NCM) replaces "other ranks" (ORs) in the CF jargon. It does not replace NCO, JrNCO, Sr NCO or WO.

Acorn

Our Supply system is one sick puppy, especially base side Qm's. How sad is it that a NCM can't get a set of laces for his boots. I thought it was bad that I couldn't get gloves or new cadpad paints.

As Gramps NCM I/C Shift Supr I will phone my buddy  (Sgt Supply Tech) or my wife (Pte Supply Tech) and get him some new laces.

Gramps I phoned supply they don't have any laces and they are expecting their order in by next week. However the Sgt there is going through his scrap bin to get us some pre owned laces.

For the others.
The lack of equipment I think is a result of our new standards. How many of the dinosaurs out there remember the days when you would go to supply hoping to get some second hand boots. "Please" you would say" don't let them be new" You wanted used ones because some other guy worked them in for you.
Yesterday I turned in kit I didn't need. One of them was combat boots. Worn 4 times and they went to the scrap bin. AFV jacket and parrka with a worn zipper and winter whites, clean servicable and never worn. in the scrap bin.
We would have a lot more kit and a lot more money if we were not so picky or quick to scrap perfectly good equipmet. 

mover1 said:
Gramps I phoned supply they don't have any laces and they are expecting their order in by next week. However the Sgt there is going through his scrap bin to get us some pre owned laces.

For the others.
The lack of equipment I think is a result of our new standards. How many of the dinosaurs out there remember the days when you would go to supply hoping to get some second hand boots. "Please" you would say" don't let them be new" You wanted used ones because some other guy worked them in for you.
Yesterday I turned in kit I didn't need. One of them was combat boots. Worn 4 times and they went to the scrap bin. AFV jacket and parrka with a worn zipper and winter whites, clean servicable and never worn. in the scrap bin.
We would have a lot more kit and a lot more money if we were not so picky or quick to scrap perfectly good equipmet.  

Great points I noticed they scap alot of items now that could be reissued.
All in all like I said what gets me goat is when I see Res guys running around with the new kit and here I am sitting in the field supporting these men with a ruck that is falling apart and a 10 year old nuke bag. Res units should be put lower on the list unless they are working with Reg units. This would allow people that are working 365 days a year to have the kit they need.
I don't even like walking into supply, there isn't anything that uirksme more then some Pte with less then year in the forces looking at you like you have two heads when you ask for a small pack.
suptech "You don't need that"
me "I don't need that oh, but I am going to the field and it would help alot"
suptech "Nope you are not entitled to that"
me "Oh I see Thanks Anyways"
suptech "Yep what ever"

I guess after 12 years in the forces I don't know what I need to be comfortable in the field and this young Pte who has never ssteppedfoot in the field other then Basic knows better then I.

sigtech said:
I see Res guys running around with the new kit and here I am sitting in the field supporting these men with a ruck that is falling apart and a 10 year old nuke bag. Res units should be put lower on the list unless they are working with Reg units.

Get over yourself. Everyone needs the kit- if you think you need something put it up your chain of command. The more gold on your shoulder the easier itis to get stuff from supply.

OK this isn't going to digress into one of those Wheelers is the best kit money can buy thread. Its been done before. No one cares. Some people buy beer, some have hobbies some buy kit.

But your right. Some of the scales of issue seem a bit flawed. Some of them are antiquated and if you are getting the run around. Ask Questions. Take it up the chain of command. Or ask someone who is more superior than a private if he is right or not.

Supply is getting a lot of privates these days. And clothing has a high turn around of personnel. My wife who is a supply tech can tell you all the ins and outs of ordering airplane parts but wouldn't know the slightest about boots.  Some of the people are Miss informed or brand new. Have some patience and never take the first answer you get. Question it. BUT BE NICE. Actually ask the Civvy, he/she has been there a while and knows everything because hey are the constant entity of that office.

I turned in my AFV Jacket the private asked me what it was. He had never seen one. Didn't know it existed. And was perplexed on why there was such a thing. His inexperience and ignorance should not be confused with not wanting to get you and item of kit.

Mover,

Your points about the system are well taken. It's not the Pte or Cpl behind the counter, or even the NCO i/c, it's the system that has been put in place. From what I know they are trying to use an "on demand" type system much like Wal Mart uses. Another cost saving measure that makes sure there isn't anything on the shelf when it's needed.

mover1 said:
As Gramps NCM I/C Shift Supr I will phone my buddy   (Sgt Supply Tech) or my wife (Pte Supply Tech) and get him some new laces.
Off topic, I know: so your job can be done by anyone Pte to CWO? Am I the only ne that really hates the mis-use of NCM?

Acorn

I hate the word NCM to tell the truth. I worked hard to become an NCO only to become an NCM. I find the word member offensive. I am not a Member. Member to me implies a tubular organ, used to reproduce or urinate. Hell if the  1 st Canadian Air Division can stop calling itself 1 CAD because it doesn't like the dictionary reference to the word  CAD then I wont call myself a member.

LETS ALL UNITE AND BRING BACK THE NCO'S WHO WORK IN THE CANADIAN ARMED FORCES IN EITHER THE ARMY, ROYAL CANADIAN NAVY OR THE ROYAL CANADIAN AIR FORCE.
Don't call me ethical or politically correct. My life has not been a rosy story that wastes print in the Maple Leaf . Let the UN do the peacekeeping. Not the Canadian ARMED Forces.  Lets wake the nation up.
Where are the Sqn smokers.
You want to talk about QOL we had QOL. Back in the days we could use an ML or a 5 ton and have your platoon move your furniture on a weekday. FOR BEER.

enough of  my ranting.

Gramps does work for me. I did phone supply. They did go in the scrap bin and we did get laces.

The whole on demand saving money Wal Mart type of supply crap. Well the bin Rat local 911 and every supply tech I know is trying to stop that from happening. And to tell the truth. With all the legacy items going away and the new uniforms coming out. A lot of kit is irreplaceable because.

A) its being phased out and they don't make any more.
B) its being brought into the system and there isn't enough of it yet.
it sucks but its getting better

If it makes anyone feel better I have the new small pack, new cadpat gloves and new ballastic glasses. 

Back