• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Support Our Troops - Stealing Magnets

J

jmackenzie_15

Perhaps many of you experience this quite often, but:

I work at CFB Gagetown, im from a small town in nova scotia. Im going on tour shortly, and I gave many members of my family at request a bunch of those magnets, which i bought in gagetown.. they arent easy to find, if at all back home.

Anyway, pretty much all of them have been stolen right off of their vehicles. Maybe im overreacting but how can anyone steal something like that? For all they know im the father of a fallen soldier or something... people just take them anyway, why, because they want to look good and "support the troops" ? Hell, id buy a hundred and just GIVE them away... why do people have to steal them from soldiers families?

Its disgusting.

Over the past year, I have had to replace many of them. Maybe it's a growth industry. Steal them from the people who know where to buy them and say you support the troops. BTW the troops + families have to buy more magnets.  >:D

I was always wondering if people did that, now I know

Boater said:
I was always wondering if people did that, now I know

Same here... One time I came back to my car to find my magnet repositioned.

I have seen one car driving around town with a magnet that said "Some arsehole stole my support magnet" not sure if they made it after someone stole theres or not though, and I have seen an awful of the support the troops magnets here which is surprising because the only place in Red Deer here that I know of that sells them is the Sgts Wo's and Officers mess at the armouries so I am guessing a lot of people are buying them of the net...Or maybe stealing them...

I have had 2 stolen, 1 by someone, the other by the carwash!

lol I had one stolen and the other was taken by the carwash.I think it's just kids being dumb, if it really is people stealing them just to have one.Why not get onto Walmart and Canadian Tire and others to sell them?

My Dad lost his POW/MIA magnet in the carwash. I have had mine from army.ca for a while now, and luckily I still have mine. Nobody took it and thankfully not the car wash.

It's frustrating and sad that we live in a society where there is little respect. My Mom and her hubby live in a small town of 150 people, where he grew up and him and his family never had to lock thier car doors or house doors, and quite unfortunately thier house got robbed when they were sleeping a couple yrs ago. I don't know what would have happened if the dog did not wake them up "sigh".

Stealing someones property, is such a shame and too bad people like this don't ever feel sorry.

I had caught this as I was signing out for the night, well while I am here Merry Christmas, God Bless our Troops and thier families that love them.

~Rebecca~

Yeah the car wash stole all of my moms magnets i got here then i went back to the car wash and they gave them back to me 2 weeks later, and then that day some kids stole them off the van, right in front of my mom and I. What a world

I had baught two from the Meaford CANEX, and one was stolen within the week of my putting it up, so I decided to keep my other one in my room since I didnt want to get it stolen.  A few days ago I went to the CANEX website  http://www.cfpsa.com/en/canex/  in search of a Red Friday t-shirt and found that you can purchase a licence plate frame which has a canadian flag on the top and says support the troops on the bottom for 4 dollars, needless to say i baught one, and as soon as it arrives it will replace my dumb dealer frame.  The website is down right now, however when it is back online i will post pictures and a direct link.

Around here some people steal the magnets to "protest" the "war".  So they just steal them and toss them.  I've had to replace quite a few off my family's vehicles.  No comments....

Good Afternoon
I two have had two stolen from the rear of my van, I am retired after 27 years in the RC Sigs and have a Vets plate. I guess some people will steal anything.

Regards

Bruce
VVV

Back in the summer, the CANEX on Stadacona had Support Our Troops licence plate covers.  Both HLs and I bought one and...they haven't been stolen yet.  Has anyone else seen/bought these?  Not as easy to swipe as a magnet I guess.

Merry Christmas all. 

Mud Recce Man said:
Back in the summer, the CANEX on Stadacona had Support Our Troops licence plate covers.  Both HLs and I bought one and...they haven't been stolen yet.  Has anyone else seen/bought these?  Not as easy to swipe as a magnet I guess.

Merry Christmas all. 

They stlll have them. I am always around that area while on detail.  ;D

I had one stolen here in Phoenix - an international problem, obviously :)

I had another magnet, a yellow one, in the back of my car... i had that one originally untill i got a cadpat one (i liked it better). The yellow one went on my car and was there for a total of 48 hours untill i made the fatal mistake of parking my car for 15 minutes while I went inside a pizza shop in new glasgow.

New Glasgow magnet thieves = 2
Me = 0

a relative of mine that was in vietnam (was wounded) had a license plate that displays that, and somebody even stole that on him before. He since had it replaced obviously but still.. what is wrong with people.

Nobody steals the breast cancer magnets lol

Do you think if people working at the vets wing went on longer breaks, teenagers/"protesters" would start stealing veterans too?  :p

People do steal the breast cancer magnet.  At least while they thieves are stealing my magnet, they are leaving my vehicle's hood insignia alone.  (last one cost me 75 bucks to replace)

At least one legion in Winnipeg (that I know of) besides the local MFRC sells them.

I plan on painting one onto my car, instead of buying a magnet, once I own my own car... Let's see them try to steal the car...

Back