• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

System Upgrade: Please Report Problems

dapaterson said:
Believe that change was made months (years?) ago, as the MilPoints backwards glance now only goes back 30 days to reduce server load.  (Or maybe I made that up; my memory is not what once it was)

You got it. There's a script that archives the old MilPoints logs. All data is retained, but the MP table is kept small to allow fast transfers.

Folks, you may have noticed that the site was down from early this morning until about noon. I was attempting a major database upgrade, and was unsuccessful. I have made some changes and plan to re-attempt tomorrow morning. I would expect the site will be down from about 0500-1000 AT tomorrow.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Folks, you may have noticed that the site was down from early this morning until about noon. I was attempting a major database upgrade, and was unsuccessful. I have made some changes and plan to re-attempt tomorrow morning. I would expect the site will be down from about 0500-1000 AT tomorrow.

I did like the "go have a coffee" screen.  And if you already have a coffee, sip slower.  ;D

PMedMoe said:
I did like the "go have a coffee" screen.  And if you already have a coffee, sip slower.  ;D

I thought it was horrible....had to drink 2 cups and I hate coffee.

How much ad revenue is coming from the Russian advertisements?
:rofl:    :eek:    :eek:rly:

Attachments

• Ad2.PNG
    Ad2.PNG
    14.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Ad3.PNG
    Ad3.PNG
    12.3 KB · Views: 50
  • RussianAds.PNG
    RussianAds.PNG
    25.8 KB · Views: 54
materialpigeonfibre said:
How much ad revenue is coming from the Russian advertisements?
:rofl:    :eek:    :eek:rly:

Heheh, it's not a conspiracy, I promise. :) Ads are targeted based on the individual user, and honestly, how much Google knows about you. I've yet to see a single Russian ad, but I do see ads for tech and local (to me) businesses. Could be related to your other internet activities/location/etc.

<Shamless plug>

If you become a subscriber to the site you won't see those ads  .... just saying....

The last few days I've been getting repeated pop up warning messages from my Avast anti-virus of having secured a URL:Mal infection delivered by the adserver from Amazonaws.com while browsing Army.ca forums. I presume it's not your site itself but some of the ads hosted on it causing the issue.

Wolf

The log-in seems to kick me out once or twice a day even though I selected the trust device for 30-days option. The two-step verification makes it a bit of a pain to keep logging in. Is this because I’m logging in in different devices (laptop, tablet, phone)?

cheers
G2G

Capture.PNG
It seems that some of the smileys didn't migrate.

That said! Way to go on the smoothest forum migration I have ever seen!

The log-in seems to kick me out once or twice a day even though I selected the trust device for 30-days option. The two-step verification makes it a bit of a pain to keep logging in. Is this because I’m logging in in different devices (laptop, tablet, phone)?

cheers
G2G
are you using a VPN?

Two very small points:
  1. I very much rely on the system's spell checker to keep me from looking totally uneducated. The current systems red underlining is harder to see than the previous one's and I've missed a few suggested corrections. Is there any way to brighten that up?
Thanks for all the good work. After a few days of using the new system I've gotten to understand how it thinks and to like most of the differences.

🍻

Last edited by a moderator:
Two very small points:
  1. I very much rely on the system's spell checker to keep me from looking totally uneducated. The current systems red underlining is harder to see than the previous one's and I've missed a few suggested corrections. Is there any way to brighten that up?
Thanks for all the good work. After a few days of using the new system I've gotten to understand how it thinks and to like most of the differences.

🍻
XenForo doesn’t directly control spell checking feature. I’ve noticed weird glitches but the provider of the editor is a 3rd party and has something to do with them.

Also, I recommend using Grammarly!

Back