• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

T.O.W. specifically ITAS

helpup

Inactive
Reaction score
I did a quick search and couldnt find the ITAS part.  Looking on the DIN and the Electronic Library has only revealed the Original TOW PAM

What I am looking for is publications on the ITAS.  I have tried looking on the DIN for out West (they are suppose to be in Wainwright ) Gagetown. ( it is the colledge of knowledge ) and of course the electronic library.  Does anyone have a linke or the pub number for TOW ( specifically ITAS )

I cannot find an e-copy, but you want C-73-347-000/MB-001  OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS, IMPROVED TARGET ACQUISITION SYSTEM.

Thanks for the Pam Number, I will keep looking for it and also use the PM info.  Trouble is I am familiar with the equipement but only the trial versions we had on our Adv AA Crse. 

Bzzliteyr said:
Does documentum still exist?

One that's out of Gagetown? S'far as I know it does. On leave, though, so don't have the link.

Documentum rocks and I use it often for Lesson plans.  But it is not there. 
As an update I did get pointed to the right direction, Yet not the answer I thought.  There is Pubs out there that show the set up in the LAV of the TUA but not anything specific that I can find on things such as assembly, Use, drills ect.  I understand that the unit itself is designed to be 3rd lined if NS. But troops have to be able to hook it up, use it and maintain it.

Another question WRT this, Where do I look for a Pub that begins with the series C ie C-73-  I have found one pub that deal with the sub but not the other one sent to me that also begins with a C............ Kingston Site nada, AEL, Nada,

Sometimes they are here:  http://dgmssc.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/DTICS/SITE/NDID_Search_e.asp  (Most pubs can be found here)

For a few other reading recomendations on ITAS, give this search a try:  http://dgmssc.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/DTICS/SITE/ERN_Details_e.asp?ERN=73347000

Thanks, I have been to the first of those two sites before but lost the link. This is now becomming a pet project of mine. I dont consider nor want to be a TOW God but if I am qualified something I always like to have the current Ref's handy.  And your tip worked those who needed the info are chatting to the man you pointed out.

Isn't TOW as simple as point, pull trigger and watch target go BOOM!?

It is getting there, but for the most part TOW and TOW2 is Tube launched Optically tracked Wire Command Missile.  there is a fire and forget one out there. not to mention the Javelin.  But even with them you have to lock in targets and there is allot to be said about being able to direct a missile when needed. Much like having an ability to fire and get out of dodge is a option you should have as well.  There are systems on the market that do offer that. 

For this though ITAS is in play and with out getting into OPSEC it is a AWESOME viewing platform.

Back