• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tacteris selected by DND to develop military logistics software

OceanBonfire

Reaction score

Tacteris will develop Forte™, a secure, cloud-based application purpose-built for military logistics planning. Forte™ will address key capability gaps identified by DND, enabling planners to create baseline logistics plans and investigate the effects of foreseeable issues on those plans. The Forte™ application will be fully integrated with Tacteris’s existing Maestro™ technology which provides 3D mission planning, battle management, and situational awareness capabilities.

“By combining the logistics capabilities of Forte™ with the operational planning capabilities of Maestro™, we can deliver a solution at a mature technical readiness level,” said Sean Dunn, CEO of Tacteris. "We have exciting plans to develop novel visualizations, predictive algorithms, and other decision-support capabilities to support logisticians across the full-spectrum of the CAF mission."

Reading a bit about the company, this sounds like and interesting program, hopefully it helps streamline our logistics system.

The usual path of flow is “cloud-based” leads to “high bandwidth requirement” which then leads to “doesn't work in a tent when on operations”. But hey, you guys have fun with that.

Reading a bit about the company, this sounds like and interesting program, hopefully it helps streamline our logistics system.

The usual path of flow is “cloud-based” leads to “high bandwidth requirement” which then leads to “doesn't work in a tent when on operations”. But hey, you guys have fun with that.
Unless I completely misread their website this is a strategic and operational planning tool and really has nothing to do with the Defence Supply Chain. I see it more like a modern Logistics Functional Area Services (LOGFAS) which is the NATO logistics and strategic movement planning tool

Unless I completely misread their website this is a strategic and operational planning tool and really has nothing to do with the Defence Supply Chain. I see it more like a modern Logistics Functional Area Services (LOGFAS) which is the NATO logistics and strategic movement planning tool
Same way I read it.

The CFSS or DSC, which ever you you like, is getting an up date with the MISL project. I don't have much knowledge on it, but from what I hear it should streamline the CFSS, make it a little more user friendly and I have been told it will also brings Traffic and TN into DRIMS/SAP.

Same way I read it.

The CFSS or DSC, which ever you you like, is getting an up date with the MISL project. I don't have much knowledge on it, but from what I hear it should streamline the CFSS, make it a little more user friendly and I have been told it will also brings Traffic and TN into DRIMS/SAp
I have been involved around the very edges of the MISL stuff and it looks good. The TN, Traffic and Ammo worlds are worried about losing their own bespoke systems as they have been tailored over the years to fit their niche needs. Bringing ammo and more importantly the traffic/shipping world in will be a game changer as there will be complete visibility from end to end now in one system.

Last edited:
I have been involved around the very edges of the MISL stuff and it looks good. The TN, Traffic and Ammo worlds are worried about losing their own bespoke systems as they have been tailored over the years to fit their niches needs. Bringing ammo and more importantly the traffic/shipping world in will be a game changer as there will be complete visibility from end to end now in one system.
To be honest I am not sure why the pure shipping and receiving aspects of Traffic haven't been incorporated into the MMT trade. Leaving the pers movement and loadie side of things for the Tfc Tech trade.

MMTs don't need more to do and shipping is very much in a Tfc Tech wheelhouse. Depending on how you look at it, MMTs still do the actual receipting of material anyway regardless if it is commercial or stocked items, a Trf Tech is just receiving the container that it comes in.

MMTs don't need more to do and shipping is very much in a Tfc Tech wheelhouse. Depending on how you look at it, MMTs still do the actual receipting of material anyway regardless if it is commercial or stocked items, a Trf Tech is just receiving the container that it comes in.
More to do with more people. Any expansion of trade responsibilities would have to be joined with a increase in numbers.

And I disagree. The shipping and receiving of parts if a bit mysterious black hole for the RCN, having the MMT trade take that on while maintaining its critical role on the deck plates or HMC Ships would work to further the RCNs grasp and understanding of logistics.

Again the shipping and receiving and required contracting for said movements should be a function of an expanded MMT trade.

Tfc Techs should be pers movements, passenger processing and aircraft loading.

More to do with more people. Any expansion of trade responsibilities would have to be joined with a increase in numbers.

And I disagree. The shipping and receiving of parts if a bit mysterious black hole for the RCN, having the MMT trade take that on while maintaining its critical role on the deck plates or HMC Ships would work to further the RCNs grasp and understanding of logistics.

Again the shipping and receiving and required contracting for said movements should be a function of an expanded MMT trade.

Tfc Techs should be pers movements, passenger processing and aircraft loading.
If something is mysterious, the knee jerk solution is not to hand over responsibilities. If something is a black hole then it needs a light shone onto it to see what the real problem is. The handoff of material from 3rd to 2nd and 1st line from Tfc Techs and MMTs works well in the areas that I have experience in. Where I currently work (3rd line) there is great division of resp that allows for timely processing of material and allows the strengths of each trade shine through. Changing that at this level or even from my experience at 2nd line is not desirable.

I can't see MMTs taking on the shipping roles, it is much more complex and suited to Tfc Techs and their associated training. There is zero incentive or need for the Log Branch to take a trade that is tailored for those duties and shoehorn it into a trade that is already stretch thin and has too much depth.

Fancy new toy for the RCLS. Kudos.

I hope Tacteris have a plan to integrate into our very much not-cloud based network infrastructure. I also hope they have a plan to support some of the most technophobic end users I have ever dealt with as an IT professional.

Back