• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tent heaters

Shepard

Inactive
Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm looking around for some sort of solar/changeable battery powered heater to keep a tent a little warm during winter, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

Cheers.

I do not think that you'd want to hump the batteries or solar panel that would be required to generate even a modest amount of heat.

Try a naphtha or propane heater. There are lots of those available.

This is what we used to use in the arctic tents ;D

Alladin Blueflame Heaters.

I'm not sure how standard it is, We've always used the Coleman camp stoves in our tents, and usually after everyone's inside 6/10 guys have a Jetboil or something similar. I find that makes things much warmer.

908c70ff19.jpg

These work great and burns almost any type fuel

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/42761/cabelas-sheepherders-alaskan-stove

thought about one of these

zodi-hot-vent-high-performance-tent-heater.jpg

NFLD Sapper said:
908c70ff19.jpg

These work great and burns almost any type fuel

Jeepers. Cot and everything. Heaven forbid you have to pull pole in a hurry  ::)

George Wallace said:
The Yukon stoves worked great.  Finding one was the hard part.

We got at least half a dozen sitting in the RQMS

ZacheryK said:
Jeepers. Cot and everything. Heaven forbid you have to pull pole in a hurry  ::)

Pic is from the internet and that is an older american style heater....

And look real close... that's a fur rug on the floor...

I've spent a fair bit of time doing up pole, down pole.

For the infantry we rely on the Coleman Lantern, two burner stove and the Peak stove .

Hamish Seggie said:

Is that what the infantry does to while away long cold winter nights?  ;D

Hamish Seggie:

For the infantry we rely on the Coleman Lantern, two burner stove and the Peak stove .

Me three, and the mandatory Stove Watch!

the poster does not say what his use is, likely if weekending then the pole goes up once and down once, so a yukon stove might be nice and if it's just 2 of oil, there won't be a fire watch. Did a job north of Flin Flon averaging -25-30 for 2 months. Tent had plywood floors and sides with wood bunks and a airtight stove burning oil that you controlled with a drip valve. Worked pretty darn good and those airtights were never turned off as i recall, just the tanks refilled from outside. The nicest bit was they weren't allowed to dig a septic field or outhouses so we had a trailer with propane toilets. The pilot lights kept them somewhat warm making for comfortable seating and electrical light!

Mind you when the cook flashed the toilets and you were downwind of the camp you sure knew it.

NFLD Sapper said:
We got at least half a dozen sitting in the RQMS

If one got swept under the shelves by mistake and got written off, I may know a guy who could give it a loving home, just sayin'...  ;D

Personally, I think a companion of the appropriate gender is best tent heater.

I tried that, except I swear my Malaysian wife does not produce body heat, even at home see uses an electric blanket 300 days of the year.

Hamish Seggie said:
BUT that is against the rules.....

He did not mention what species.  >:D

A great big furry St Bernard may keep you toasty warm.  ;D

Back