• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

TF 03-07 (Got my call)

Lost_Warrior

Inactive
Reaction score
I got my call last night.  I have a spot on TF 03-07. I go sign my class C contract on Monday.  Work up starts January 1st.

I'm pretty excited about it.  I can honestly say I have learned A LOT from reading this site, and it has proven to be a great resource for us new guys. 

It's going to be my first operation, so any suggestions and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Lost_Warrior said:
I got my call last night.  I have a spot on TF 03-07. I go sign my class C contract on Monday.  Work up starts January 1st.

I'm pretty excited about it.  I can honestly say I have learned A LOT from reading this site, and it has proven to be a great resource for us new guys. 

It's going to be my first operation, so any suggestions and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Interesting as TF 1-07 guys started out on Class B contracts. Most of my guys start to sign Class C contracts now. 

Perhaps it's class B starting out then.  Not sure.  Just got word of mouth from a buddy who is leaving with me that its a class C contract that we will be signing on Monday.  I guess we will have to wait and see.

Also, when are you guys deploying? Will it be in August with us, or earlier?

It is indeed Class C, and well, 0307's training started in September.  You're late on the bandwagon!

It was the same for 0406, all class C.

Yea.  We have a bunch of guys from the unit who have been in Val training for 03-07 since September.  We got word that they needed more so there is a new batch of us who are supposed to be heading out in January.

For 3-06 We signed Class C's for pre-deployment, and they were extended when we deployed.

Lost_Warrior said:

Thanks!

First point - it's all about the DAG'ing.  There are multiple ways you can get screwed up during the DAG process and, even if you DAG Green, there are things that can come back to bite you in-theatre.  Pay very close attention to what is being done and what needs to be done.  Since I presume you're going over as part of a formed unit, you should have people riding herd on your DAG, but watch the process very closely anyway and make sure  that, if you're unsure about something involving pay, kit, medical, dental, etc. that you ASK.

Second point--make sure that you do everything you can to get your home affairs in order.  Don't tell the padre/social worker and your chain of command what you think they want to hear, just so you can deploy.  If you deploy and leave something dangling re family, significant other/spouse, personal finances, etc. you will regret it.  Sadly, I had several of my soldiers in Bosnia have things blow up at home because they didn't give them the proper attention before deploying, and what should have been a rewarding experience on a tour turned into a miserable experience for them.  It puts undue stress on both you, and on the chain of command (who will do whatever they can to assist, but won't necessarily be very happy about it).

If you're a good soldier, you'll do okay with the technical aspects of soldiering on an operation.  In my experience, it was the non-military and administrative friction (much of which could have been avoided by some simple diligence on the part of the soldiers themselves) that took soldiers' "heads out of the game".  In Bosnia, that was frustrating and could, in some circumstances, be dangerous (around minefields, UXOs, and the wrong sort of people).  In Afghanistan, however, that could be downright and very quickly deadly for you and others, military and civilian.

Note to the curious..............

A reservist will be placed on class C when and only when they have completed their 2050 - not before

They are not entitled to retroactive application of the class C contract.

Faster you get started, faster you get it done, faster you start getting paid that 15% motr on class C.

Good luck

Hey Lost_Warrior, get a hold of me.. I am in Val right now and am deploying on 03-07.  Pm me

Congrats on the call.  I too am on that deployment but as a Government of Canada civi (thank god for foregin service points).  Just ensure that you have all personal stuff in order ...

Good luck...
MLS ;D

Back