• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

TF 206

In theory, TF 2-06 remains on standby until TF 4-06 is ready to replace them in the standby role, who will remain until 2-07 is ready and so on.

As to where they could be deployed: spin a globe, point at random somewhere (that isn't blue) and odds are that there's a conflict there where we could be called upon to intervene.  Lots of options, and a new government to make any such decision.

dapaterson said:
In theory, TF 2-06 remains on standby until TF 4-06 is ready to replace them in the standby role, who will remain until 2-07 is ready and so on.

As to where they could be deployed: spin a globe, point at random somewhere (that isn't blue) and odds are that there's a conflict there where we could be called upon to intervene.  Lots of options, and a new government to make any such decision.

Yeah my regiment is looking to put a significant number of bodies on 2-07, and RUMINT has the TF headed to everywhere short of Saturn's seventh ring (unless we are rerolled as mega-space laser-troopers, but I couldn't find that anywhere in the Conservative's defense policy), when there is a pretty good chance we wont leave the country. You know how it is!

UN could ask us to put troops in Sudan, Ivory Coast, Haiti or Congo.
or they could decide to boost our contribution to Kandahar & PRT

anyone's guess...

Just as an update on this 'I would assume dead thread', 02-06 is currently slowly getting stripped down, to equip us, TF04-06.  Temporary members are slowly headed back home, and those that remained for the 6 months class C extension are getting courses, mostly PLQ's mods 2 to 6, and will be used to train new recruits over in Valcatraz and other temporary assignments for the summer, while the 2eR22eme boys are biting the bullet and pretty much went back to their regular work schedule.  They are technically still on stand-by.

As far as 0406 is concerned, well, we're still hoping, but we're seeing where it's going.  The Wainwright confirmation ex was canceled (postponed), so unless we get committed to somewhere, it will remain off (I would assume to save money, which makes sense).  So I can foresee some PLQ's and course teaching assignments for the summer and other kinds of temporary assignments as well, since Wainwright took most of our summer anyways. 

Now let's look at ye olde rumor mill.  (This here is NO official information, just to show you people how it is within the TF and how stuff just goes real wild real fast.  Don't get mad at me please!)

- Sudan was our biggest hope.  1eR22eme CO gave us the big speech after we got all hyped, saying that there was an intention to send troops there, but nothing until 2007.  Which takes us out of the loop.  (glimmer of hope for TF0207, but don't drop your panties just yet).

- Haiti, latest rumor said the government had officially asked for help to the UN.  That was 2 or 3 weeks ago, I was still in Gagetown, I haven't heard about that one since.  Still remains a rumor. 

- And good old A-Stan.  Well, 01 and 03's.  Unless they decide to augment 0306 there. 

And to drown all these rumors at once, every news and information sources point to the Forces not having the resources to have two TF's deployed at the same time.  As well as a political landscape not favoring such an action.  We're still hopeful, but it's looking bleak.  Might just end up deploying to our backyards...

That's what I have right now.  Trying to stay positive, but it ain't easy!

your reference would be the  announcement that the MND made.  There will be no more new assignments to the CF therefore cancelling the possiblity of a tour.  I also know this because 1 RCHA held a parade Tuesday and well it was announced by the CO.

cbtygunner said:
your reference would be the  announcement that the MND made.  There will be no more new assignments to the CF

I think that annoucement was taken out of context,the key word is New. It would mean places like Dafur not the continued rotations to Afghanistan, so with that in mind would that not mean that TF02-07 would be taking over for 2 RCR who are doing TF 01-07?

Reference?

As cbtygunner indicates, the stand down direction came via the chain of command last week.

It would mean places like Dafur not the continued rotations to Afghanistan, so with that in mind would that not mean that TF02-07 would be taking over for 2 RCR who are doing TF 01-07?

TF 02-07 is stood down and is out of the MR plan for ops.

HitorMiss said:
Intresting so then TF01-07 is the last Roto then?

You are confusing the 1st and 2nd line of operations.

Odd number TFs are earmarked for Afghanistan for the forseeable future (1, 3 -06, 1, 3-07, etc)

Even number TFs are on the second line of operations but have not been committed to a mission.  TF 2-07 stood down to provide flexiblity to the MRP (due to higher commitments to Afghanistan) and to support army individual training.

So I'm part of the last of the 2nd line TFs.  I don't know if I should feel something about this, but the word that comes to mind now is "empty". 

What are the chances that TF02-06 will find themselves gainfully employed in Caledonia, ON this summer?  ;D :dontpanic:

Interesting, guess I wasn't listening - or my outlook inbox is full again :(

will have to wait and see..... while never assigned to a specific mission, the even numbered missions were intended (in my mind at least) as being the the CDS' and CLS' "ace in the hole" = a strategic reserve they could call upon at Very short notice....

time will tell I guess.

Yes, that was the case.  Back-up TF.  Just in case.  But I guess they revisited the concept and realized it was costing too much, with the deadend of 0206, and possibly the same outcome for 0406. 

Yes, that was the case.  Back-up TF.  Just in case.

Well, let's be clear here.  Managed Readiness envisioned two lines of tasking - odd and even.  Both were designed to be "out the door" at the same time and was backed up by a third TF as a strategic reserve.  The latter went "red" very early on (2 PPCLI was the first strategic reserve unit so designated) and the concept has been dropped.  Thus the "second line" of operations has now become the de facto strategic reserve/high readiness unit.

Gunner's more in the loop than I am - perhaps he'll wade in and expand upon this (if reqr).

We havent heard any offical word yet as to what excactly is gonna happen.  Yes TF 0207 was canned BUT, will the elements be trained as a back up? Dont know that yet.  I will say suppositly the money is gone for the required training, the Bty now is only training with what they had already rec'd IE: PW 2-3, C-9 and C-6 shoots, mainly IBTS stuff.  But my reasoning for saying the money is gone is because C Bty was in the mist of turning LSVW into gun trucks but the money was either takin away or slashed so they may not go ahead and modify anymore trucks.  All this and IRU it's great huh?

Back