• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The 2006 Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

:rofl:

Well I have a few dollars to collect tomorrow.

I had a bad feeling from the start of the series after Ed got through.....and I guess I was right.

Same as the Sens getting as far as they did....and ending up choking.

Regards

ah bollocks, we lost it, but well done anyway boys, you've done us proud :salute:

and MikeH remember there is three certainties in life:

1) death.

2) Taxes.

3) Calgary sucks.

You know, Edmonton played really well and I'm not upset in the least with their performance. They have alot of heart. Way to go Edmonton, you came from behind and made it as far as you did. Good going Boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edmonton may have lost, but it was not for lack of trying....great effort guys!! :salute:

Cabose said:

You're telling me? I fell asleep with 10 minutes to go and got woken up by the foghorn. I opened my eyes and said "oh, that must be the empty netter".

Anyone want to bet on the Grey Cup, right now?

They played well, but damn, if they had played with the intensity they played with in the 3rd period, but for the entire game, it would have been theirs, or at least forced into overtime.

All in all, damned good run. You made Canada proud.

Heck, half of Carolina is Canadian anyways ;)

camochick said:
You know, Edmonton played really well and I'm not upset in the least with their performance. They have alot of heart. Way to go Edmonton, you came from behind and made it as far as you did. Good going Boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1!! Damn good series boys, damn good! They played with heart, and they pushed Carolina right to the end. Oilers are still Western Champs, and one heck of a team! (hehe, and they didn't give up and allow a shut out like Calgary last time  :p)

GO OILERS!!

Precious is Lost!  They stole it from us!  Now we must die in the dust.  Duuussstt!!!
Okay, I'm fine now.

Good game all around.  Carolina was at the top of their game, but it could have gone either way.  Oiliers played hard, took shots, had some good rushes, and Markannen was solid in net.  Trouble is Carolina had Kam Ward, MVP from Sherwood Park.  You could say a tiny piece of this cup can still be claimed by die-hard Edmonton fans.
I suppose we can all take solace in the fact that 1990 is a lot closer in history than 1967. ;)

exsemjingo said:
I suppose we can all take solace in the fact that 1990 is a lot closer in history than 1967. ;)

I can't hear you! :D

The wait only makes it sweeter when it gets here. I can see it now - NHL Commish Wayne Gretzky "Mats after 40 years it finally moved down the block to be with you - The Stanley Cup!"

Well played series...kuddos to the Oilers...
Congrats to the Hurricanes

Go Montreal Go...well it is never too late to start  :p

HL

I am really dissapointed..they worked sooo hard...and they got the last game robbed from them..

The Oilers weren't robbed; they shot themselves in the foot. Oilers blew the 5 on 3 and can't blame Carolina for that.

I don't dispute they worked hard - no one gets that far on sheer luck. They lost and it sucks, but oh baby, what a ride.

Hot Lips said:
Go Montreal Go...well it is never too late to start  :p

Or a bit early... Let them grow into a real team (i.e. using real teamwork, like the Canes or Oilers) and we'll see much going on.

MdB said:
Or a bit early... Let them grow into a real team (i.e. using real teamwork, like the Canes or Oilers) and we'll see much going on.

I am sorry, but how are the Oilers a real team? They lost!!!!!!!!!!

Come on now people, you know it was the Canadian players on the Hurricanes team who won the series  :cdn: :salute:

Inspir said:
Come on now people, you know it was the Canadian players on the Hurricanes team who won the series  :cdn: :salute:

Yeah like the Cup winning goal by Kaberle - like to see Cherry comment on that one!

According to the rosters posted at wikipedia, Carolina had more Albertans on the team than Edmonton. ~~~~

Back