• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The AdamV94 Story

AlphaBravo said:
Primarily I think they actually email you when they have a scheduled date.

Ditto

Both my CFAT and Interview Date were given to me via email...

Wouldn't know about what caller ID would show, they've never actually called me back...

Caller ID or not, they will definitely leave a message.  I can't remember if they emailed me or not.  I know they called me, and were leaving messages.  When I put my application in, however, I gave them my cell phone number so that I would never miss a call.

Good luck!

Rev

I applied in late Janurary, wrote my CFAT on March 3rd and completed the test with a very competitive score. I got the call to go in for my interview last week (my interview is next Monday) so I am very happy with how fast this process has been for me, and I understand how lucky I am to have been wait listed for only 4 months!

Anyways my questions are;

I have heard people say, "Infantry is always hiring", so that being my first choice, and my second choice being vehicle tech (which has returned to being an in demand trade) Will I more likely be taken on as a vehicle tech or an infantryman ? Is infantry REALLY always hiring, more so than in demand trades?

And is the wait time post interview comparable to that of the wait time post CFAT?

Thanks in advance

I'm very fired up and can't wait to get my military career started!

Hey congratulations and best of luck on your interview and the rest of your process.

This is only a logic based answer as I'm not a recruiter and I'm not sure how much validity it actually holds if any but they will probably select you based off a few factors.  If both trades are in demand they will most likely select you for whichever you are more compatable for based off of your CFAT score and your TSD.

If you check the Canadian Forces Website frequently like I do you would notice that it no longer lists the infantry trade with a green (hiring) sign. Maybe they always are? Maybe they aren't but I do know it was recently listed as hiring and they just scooped up a bunch of people in the last month and now it's no longer listed as hiring. I've seen a few people post on here saying that they hire all year long as required so if you count that as "Infantry is always hiring" then there you have your answer. If you want the real truth and nothing but the truth I would recommend you bring these questions up with one of the recruiters at your local Recruitment centre because that's exactly what they are there for.

Also from what I understand I think infantry is one of the more competitive trades in terms of how many people you're competing with so that would probably play a factor in which position you would be offered if you qualify for both.

Hope that helps but check with your recruiter and make sure breh!

Braveheart said:
Hey congratulations and best of luck on your interview and the rest of your process.

This is only a logic based answer as I'm not a recruiter and I'm not sure how much validity it actually holds if any but they will probably select you based off a few factors.  If both trades are in demand they will most likely select you for whichever you are more compatable for based off of your CFAT score and your TSD.

If you check the Canadian Forces Website frequently like I do you would notice that it no longer lists the infantry trade with a green (hiring) sign. Maybe they always are? Maybe they aren't but I do know it was recently listed as hiring and they just scooped up a bunch of people in the last month and now it's no longer listed as hiring. I've seen a few people post on here saying that they hire all year long as required so if you count that as "Infantry is always hiring" then there you have your answer. If you want the real truth and nothing but the truth I would recommend you bring these questions up with one of the recruiters at your local Recruitment centre because that's exactly what they are there for.

Also from what I understand I think infantry is one of the more competitive trades in terms of how many people you're competing with so that would probably play a factor in which position you would be offered if you qualify for both.

Hope that helps but check with your recruiter and make sure breh!

Thanks! I will call in tomorrow to figure some stuff out

Semantics but getting "the call" refers to a call for employment and not being contacted for further processing.

Inf is not always hiring and is quite competitive. There were something like 450 spots open, but it seems that lately a whole bunch of those open spots have been occupied. i wouldn't be surprised that if by September/October they are closed for the year.

KerryBlue said:
Semantics but getting "the call" refers to a call for employment and not being contacted for further processing.

Thanks for letting me know!

Inf is not always hiring and is quite competitive. There were something like 450 spots open, but it seems that lately a whole bunch of those open spots have been occupied. i wouldn't be surprised that if by September/October they are closed for the year.

Seems reasonable to me thanks

Another tidbit of advice; it's not necessary to start a new thread whenever you have a question/comment.  Do some searching and reading here.  Chances are, it's been asked and answered already.

Today I told one of my friends that I am trying to join the army, and I am currently in the final stages of the application process (waiting for the criminal check, credit check and reference check to clear).

Anyways, he said,"I could never join the army, as soon as a drill Sgt. started yelling at me, I would just yell right back."

I laughed it off, but started thinking about it more when I got back from work. What would actually happen if you yelled at or disobeyed command at BMQ or trade training or even on duty? Just extra pushups? Or do they do things to try and humiliate you? Does anybody have any good/ funny stories about this topic?

What other things do your friends say to you when you tell them that you are joining the military?

:cdn:

They are not allowed to humiliate you. Usually you will get extra duties, confined in your shack, change parades, ... Or get charged. Lots of people don't care about duties, but if you touch their wallet thats another story ;-)

Keep your whole course confined to barracks for the weekend and have you do an essay on obedience and following orders, compliments whoever was disobeying an order.
Take every ones cell phones away so then can spend time reflecting on why obeying orders is important.
Go for a run at night and practice obeying orders by constantly making the last two members run to the front of the group.

Your buddies loosing their weekends, phones and free time is a much better motivator than an instructor making fun of you, in my opinion..

Back