• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The air cadet thread

Try me. I'll just drop a......darn, whats loose and not essential in this thing...........a flight instructor on you! ;)

Any decent flight instructor will tell you a propeller, as well as wings are loose and non-essential ;)

OK, I trust you....*sends prop spinning off to decapitate him*

Hey ma, a glider that don't glide too well! Wootz. 8)

At least I took you with me ;)

condor888000 said:
EDIT: Because I'm too lazy to make a new post, CATO's are up. Air Cadet Service Medal is now the lowest medal in the order of precedence for Air Cadet Medals. Its coming.......and fast.

they also put in the Famil flight badges.....ew......

Those have been in since march of last year. And why complain? There are VERY few cadets that are qualified for those badges, they are a real accomplishment. Especially the rear seat. Many sites won't do a rear seat conversion unless the pilot is going to be going to the glider instructors course that year. They are something that I feel should be there.

Wow there are actully air cadets in this forum! ;D thats awesome. BTW i'm Sgt Michael Van Vlaenderen. Also are any of you from the CW i reconize some of your names. :cdn:

Loose wings = Day VFR only

But don't you dare fly without a working time piece!

So true..........one guy had to have his cell on and visable every time he went up because that was his timepiece.....

PViddy said:
Alas, the good ole trench coat that looked so much better than the current military snowboard jacket, is issued no more.

PV

Which trenchcoat are you guys referring to? Are you talking about those long, blue winter coats?

(don't mind me, it's been a few years)

What has it been replaced with?

I remember as cadet the only way I was able to get a hold of one of those was to hit the army surplus store. In fact, that's how I got most of my uniform parts.  :p

A blue snowboard jacket with "Cadets Canada"  in a few places.

Army cadet version shell:
parka1.JPG

And the liner:
parkaliner1.JPG

I think the parka is great, keeps you very warm. I don't know what else you would need besides having less clips to attach the overcoat and the liner.

Functionally and fiscally the parka is fantastic.  IMHO however, they look like crap for ceremonial parades.  i wish their was enough dough to issue both.

regards

PV

Here in my town there are sea cadets and air cadets , my sister is in air cadets , this is her second year and shes allready gotten a bronze and silver medal in the biathalon, shes gotten half a dozen badges on her sleeve , she went to greenwood over the summer , and shes also working on her Duke of Edinburgh award.

(side note: it would make more sense to have army cadets rather than sea cadets in my town,my town is surrounded by thick boreal forest , and the local sea cadet squadron dosen't have a lot of members)

sory, maybe i missed it but....i saw absolutely no point to that post.  Anybody ? Bueller ?

regards

PV

Whiskey Tango Hotel?  Over.

Well then........some people here must have fun when they'er using the radios.........;)

Back