• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The AN/TPS - 75s Mobile Unit - Prototype build

tiking

Inactive
Reaction score
While waiting for my AFV Club kit to arrive so I can start my next conversion, I decided to play around and build something that will correspond to real life military development ( at least try to). So I came up with this build:

This is my version of a build that 'Could-have-been'. There are many variations of radar command units that exist today, with already existing wheel & track vehicles, offering their chassis as accommodation for their radar support systems. Many radar systems can be deployed easily to areas in less considerate time making it convenient for defense purposes. Using already existing vehicles & converting them, keeps the cost down.

This particular build was inspired by several radar mobile & command units, like the Gero h3, M4 Bradley, Shilem & the AN/TPS75 radar.
The Chassis is a modified M270 taken from the MLRS Revell kit. The radar infrastructure, storage box, extra antennae (on the front side of the storage box), support & walk platform braces on top of the driver compartment & air control unit on the back of the M270 hull, with small details are all scratch built. Since the AN/TPS 75 already exist I decided to upgrade it a little calling this the 'M270 AN/TPS 75s Mobile Unit'.

I believe a similar system can be combined together but if it would be feasible; that would be another question.

antps.jpg

antps2.jpg

antps3.jpg

antps4.jpg

antps5.jpg

antps6.jpg

antps7.jpg

antps8.jpg

you my friend, have some serious talent. I've always been interested in models, but never had the patience to sit down and learn something that intricate. My older brother used to be really good at models, i tried afew times but always failed miserably haha.

Back