• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The C7 Assault Rifle, M16, & AR15 family (C7A1, C7A2, C7 replacment, and C7 vs M16)

I‘d think you would get a pretty bad ring around your eye if you were looking through the scope while firing a machine gun

It‘s not a zoom lens, it magnifies.

How would a civvie know how lovely, rugged and accurate an Elcan is.

It‘s mounted on MG‘s because the army said so.

You do not put the Elcan against your eye to fire,you WILL NOT get a pretty bad ring around your eye from it.

This post is too full of conjecture and people that don‘t know what they‘re talking about. Go to the links Michael OLeary posted. There‘s lot‘s of stuff there that will tell you ALL about it.

This thread is closed.

I ran across this picture on Combat Camera
http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/photoarchive/HiRes/%212004/050304/IS2004-2052a%20copy.jpg

Now it looks like the C7A2 minus the ambidextrous Fire control Switch, but since when were these rifles issued? Are they just trialing them?

That looks good. Much better then some other "concept" pictures I‘ve seen where the green was much brighter.

What kind of vertical handle doodad is that?

Thats just a better (custom?) handgrip. Theres one like it one some C9s to help steady your hand.

Looks exactly the same as the one from the C9 to me...

It IS a C9 butt grip,pretty sad when the troop have to jury rig a piece of kit that should have been issued years ago......Pretty sad indeed.

It is a C7A2, I‘ve mentioned this on another forum: http://p223.ezboard.com/fcanadianpolitics11888frm4.showMessage?topicID=2370.topic
if you guys are interested, basically they sent a few C7A2‘s over with the Vandoos to try them out. There is also talk of a C9A2 and there are some pics in the abouve thread.

You can get those foregrips off the internet as well. Many American soldiers are using them in Iraq. Some require special handguards, some don‘t it depends on the model.

most people just vertically grip the magazine i guess that was to substitute doing that

Meh, it‘s just vert grip fashioned with the top bolt and a plate on the lower fore grip.

It is a little off, I wouldn‘t place it there.

To bad that isn‘t RIS.

It seems like he stuck on a pressure switch for a tac light or laser on it too.. OD Tuck tape?

Meh. Looks cool.

The infantry school in Gagetown has both the C7A2 and the C9A2, I have used both of them. The C9, major change is the barrell is drastically shorter, some people say its the ‘jump‘ version, we were told it is for FIBUA, shorter barrel, easier around corners and what not. The presser switch is for the PAX 4 sighting system, did the trial on them a couple of months ago. It‘s an IR sighting system, used in conjuction with a helmet mounted monocular.

I actually believe the switch is for his radio.. they have been issued a new, smaller radio that includes a switch for easy "hands-free"? use.. if you know what I mean..

Bzz

The presser switch is for the PAX 4 sighting system, did the trial on them a couple of months ago. It‘s an IR sighting system, used in conjuction with a helmet mounted monocular.
When did they start that? Thanks for the info. Is it similar to the AN/PEQ-2? Or is it just IR only with the monocular.

Radio, Sighting System? I will go with the sighting system because of the fact that it‘s on the handle, on the rifle.

But I‘m not to sure. The radio PTT switch is very plausible too.

I‘m 99% sure that it is the PAX-4. I have seen some weird and wonderful stuff at the infantry school, but I have never seen a smaller and ligher radio, but again, its hard to say. They started the PAX-4 a while ago, and put a rush on it for Afghan, and an even bigger rush for 2RCR‘s deployment to Haiti, that was the final trail, the night before they left. It‘s IR only with the monocular. It‘s a pretty sweet piece of kit if you ask me!

Originally posted by CI Phlipster:
[qb] It is a little off, I wouldn‘t place it there.
[/qb]
Well no ****, you place a grip like that on your PERSONAL weapon to your PERSONAL preference you goon.

:S ... so very harsh.

Back to PAX-4, Thats cool, armyguy916 thanks for the info.

Haiti you say, eh. Cool.

Flipster,
Might just be me, but your use of "Meh" is getting redundant and annoying. I‘m sure your aware, from the Urban Dictionary, it‘s definition is:

Indifference; to be used when one simply does not care.

A: What do you want for dinner?
B: Meh.

If so, why even state an opinion? Akin to a Val Gal saying " Like I went Like to the Like Mall and Like saw this really Like cool Like dress.

Give us a bit of a break is all I‘m saying. You don‘t have to use it every second post. Besides, it took us old guys two weeks to find out what it meant.

Buzz,
The remote for the PRR is much larger and easier to adapt than that.

Back