• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The C7 Assault Rifle, M16, & AR15 family (C7A1, C7A2, C7 replacment, and C7 vs M16)

Kal said:
Hey Kevin,  what's the length of that forend?  Did you cut it?

Just curious...

Kal -- it was a handbuilt one from KAC by Dave Lutz (ret LCol USMC) the KAC VP for MILOPS.
It was a rifle length URX cut down to a midlength (9") rail with small ears over the gasblock.
I saw a few rifle down at KAC and talked to Dave abotu all the features I wanted on a rifle -- and voila  ;)
Douglas 1:7 Wylde Chambered Stainless Steel Match Barrel
KAC Flip Front Sight (out of the way of in-line Night vision)
S&B SHort Dot 1.1-4 Variable scope
KAC 600m BIS (with large aperate off 300m BIS)
PRI Gas Buster Charging handle (slightly larger grip surface and a large more robust body)

and the Glock19 is just perfect with nigthsights and the X200 light...

Wes -- we where all kids once -- I'm so glad the net was not around when I was a kid - or I would have shown my ass often....

can anyone tell me if other P Res units have started to use the C7A2 yet?

Caleix

C7A2s will go out to all ''field'' units.
They will cycle in their old C7A1s and receive refurbished rifles.

geo said:
They will cycle in their old C7A1s and receive "refurbished" rifles.

Fixed it  ;) -- other than green furniture, the worthless TRIAD and the C79A2 - the uppers are pretty much the same -- we got one that had a shotout barrel

The lowers had been restamped and done with a odd silverish annodizing job after the poorly done restamp.

3e04338a.jpg

C7A2.jpg

Latest of the USSOCOM SOPMOD upgrades
http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2006smallarms/taylor.pdf

P.S. Gus Taylor is a former SF Col - he had the first team in Iraq during the '91 dustup. He don't take s**t off no one, and he has the operator at heart - not the manufacturer.

Huh, so they're going to put a mini red dot on top of the Elcan? I thought the Elcan was supposed to be instantly adjustable to 1x? Is the eye relief at 1x too limited?

Lots of problems with it -- zero loss (go figure) and the red dot setting at 1x is not as easy to use as the designers thought.

I "think" (based on rumour and innuendo) that the TA31DOC with get the nod after some more trials..

Agree with you guys about 5.56mm rounds at long distance...I'm knew to this forum....found it by accident! In 'Nam we used Winchester 70's (7.62mm) and Browning 50cal (both scoped) for that role...saw tons of 100m hits! wcomp04@yahoo.com

What ever happened to H&Ks version of the M4 they put out this year? Did they get their collective peepee's slapped for something?

HK416 is in use with US SFOD-D, Asymetrical Warfare Group, OGA elements and Department of Homeland Security.
  It works very well...

I recently got the oppurtunity to look at one of those. sweet!!!! we would do well just to buy the mags for the things(The followers don't tilt and wobble like ours.)

starlight -- I hate the HK mags - too heavy and they are too long for m16 mag pouches -- The CProducts stainless steel mags are half the weight USGI sized, and use the Magpul enhanced follower that is ages ahead of the HK design.  - While over in Afghan with the CF I used Magoul ehanced followers in all (21) of my CF mags (Labelle teflons) and had great luck.

Biggest problem in the CF is they (corporate they) do not accept/understand that mags have a finite lifespan and need to be replaced occasionally.

Ex-Dragoon said:
What ever happened to H&Ks version of the M4 they put out this year? Did they get their collective peepee's slapped for something?

Colt lost their lawsuit against H&K & Bushmaster for copyright infringement on the M16 design. H&K is marketing the 416 to US law enforcement. 

Actually HK will ONLY sell to Federal agencies -- Homeland Defence being one of the more prominent.

No local or State LE...

I just talked to HK's western states rep the other day and they're taking orders for delivery of the HK 416 next year.  They had a demo model at the NTOA convention last year. HK sells lots of weapons to law enforcement agencies that aren't federal.

Red - as I mentioned in PM,  for whatever reason HkD will not sell the 416 and 417 to non federal units.

I've spoke to a number of people in HkUSA and HkD - each give a conflicting answer -- some even promise civilian sale (even though that is against german law..)

Due to what I mentioned in PM -- I doubt that until Hk has a manufacturing site in the USA that they will be able to offer any systems to non Federal agencies.

I talked again today to Scott Wilson at HK LE Division and he told me they are making bids and taking orders for '07 delivery to LE agencies in the US. Maybe you're talking to people in HK's Military Division? They spun off their operations into separate divisions. If you're talking to the Federal/Mil Division, that's correct, they don't do business with non-federal agencies. The LE Division sells their products to civilian LE agencies.

S_Baker said:
This HK wouldn't be the same HK that told me they were getting a contract for Full rate production of the XM-8?

We'll just have to wait and see.  ;) My organization has been doing business with HK since the 70's. They've always filled our needs efficiently and they stand behind their products. I'll stick to the intel from them.

Here a question for you all, Does the C7-C8 still have a tumbling round or a standerd 5.56.  If it used a tumbling round it cand not be used in a sniper role

Back