• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

'The Canadians try to kill everybody'

MarkOttawa

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Fallen Comrade
Reaction score
The Globe and Mail's headline writers--front page--must want the Afstan war crimes trials to start, based on a quote from an obviously unimpeachable Taliban source.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com//servlet/story/LAC.20061127.TALIBANS27/TPStory/Front

In a rare meeting marked by unusually straight talk, the men described how they manipulate Afghan tribes [emphasis added--and they certainly are manipulating some others], turn local officials against their own government and channel the frustrations of ordinary people to drive foreigners away from their ancient lands.

They spoke from personal experience. The two, relaxing at a private home in a secret location in the infamously lawless Pakistani province of Baluchistan, are foot soldiers in the Taliban insurgency...

...the two insurgents gave fake names: Mullah Azizullah, 34, and Mullah Manan, 37.

"There is a big difference between Canada and the United States," Mr. Azizullah said, tapping his fingertips together in a pensive gesture.

"If we attack the Canadians, they call for aircraft and bomb everything in the area. The U.S. only tried to kill the Taliban. The Canadians try to kill everybody."..

I wonder why the reporter, Graeme Smith, fails to mention that no aircraft doing the bombing are Canadian. There's journalism and then there's propaganda. I'm still waiting for the headline: "Americans work hard to avoid civilian casualties".

Mark
Ottawa

Wearing pinstripe vests, gold watches and neatly trimmed beards

Neatly groomed gold watches,... They must be credible!,.... people in pinstripes don't lie,.... do they? ???

The reporter was interviewed on CFRA this morning about his story. He said that the statement about Canadians trying to kill everybody was probably aimed at Canadian public opinion, and should not be taken as the truth.

Teflon said:
Neatly groomed gold watches,... They must be credible!,.... people in pinstripes don't lie,.... do they? ???

Sounds like the mafia.  Take everything said over there with a grain of salt.

Well, the headline served its purpose and made me read the story. It seems that this is actually a case of the reporter "reporting" and not adding his own opinions.

I don't see how people (the public) would believe this... This reporter got his info from the enemy. Of course they are going to say we kill everybody, that way the idoits who believe this will whine and try to get us to pull out. It doesn't make sense why wouldn't they listen to a first hand source like a Soldier who has been there already? If you see the comments posted to the globe website you will see how dumb some people really are.

It's a cheap shot at the CF.. Trying to make us feel bad for using air support.

Just change the date to 1944 and insert Gobbels; "Yez ze Canadian Bombers are trying to killez everyonv!! Very terrible, unlike us caring Nazi's that using peace loving V1 & 2's only to kill your terrible leader!!  ::)

There comes a time when I have to ask - WTF is a CANADIAN reporter acting as Minister of Propaganda for the Enemy...

Their hands were soft, their words polite,

Wearing pinstripe vests, gold watches and neatly trimmed beards,

Mr. Azizullah's nails were trimmed and neatly painted with henna.

The two, relaxing at a private home in a secret location in the infamously lawless Pakistani province of Baluchistan, are foot soldiers in the Taliban insurgency.

My ass they're foot soldiers.  Probably a couple of wannabe's posing for the big "western" journalist and puttin' on a show.

They know the majority of Canadians are hippies and they try to exploit that by feeding them hippie food. They know about the anti-war protests and the college kids listening to Green Day and other anti-everything bands and they feed them lies to turn them against their own nation.

On a side note, I HAVE been seeing a lot of 'support our troops' stickers on cars over here in Vancouver and it's a definite improvement...I'd like to know where to purchase these stickers as I want to cover my car in them.

ThatsLife said:
They know the majority of Canadians are hippies and they try to exploit that by feeding them hippie food. They know about the anti-war protests and the college kids listening to Green Day and other anti-everything bands and they feed them lies to turn them against their own nation.

On a side note, I HAVE been seeing a lot of 'support our troops' stickers on cars over here in Vancouver and it's a definite improvement...I'd like to know where to purchase these stickers as I want to cover my car in them.

If the Majority of Canadians are hippies, then we are not serving our nation's interests to continue... After all, national interests should reflect that which the populace as a whole feels most strongly about... Trim your brush down a bit before you start those broad strokes...

Magravan said:
If the Majority of Canadians are hippies, then we are not serving our nation's interests to continue... After all, national interests should reflect that which the populace as a whole feels most strongly about... Trim your brush down a bit before you start those broad strokes...

Sorry I didn't mean for it to sound like that. What I meant was most Canadians are really uneducated when it comes to our military and our purpose over there, for example, thinking we're in Iraq? I'm on this Canadian community website called 'nexopia.com' where kids ages 14 all the way to 27+ and a lot of them are the typical 'scene kids' listening to bands such as "Anti-Flag", where one of their songs is titled "Die for your government" with some lyrics such as "You're gonna die, gonna die, gonna die for your government, die for your government like crap" and so on...and stuff like this influences them. It's not really their fault as we should be educating them about the real mission over there.

It's just small things like this which actually influence people to protest against the war because they really don't know what's going on. My girlfriend actually got me pretty mad when she told me our soldiers are dying over their for no reason and it's a pointless mission. I nearly back handed her...(not really, I'm a nice guy :D ) but I discussed with her and straightened her vision out.

The internet is a wonderful thing, where information can be read by millions of people. We just need to spread and highlight the actual mission.

The G & M allows you to make comments on their stories online, some of the comments are way out there!
The G & M does a pretty shabby job of covering A-stan and anything to do with the CF.

I am a recruiter, so I have to explain the mission to people every day. People think we are in Iraq too, and they also wonder why we aren't in Darfur.

I tell them that the reason we are in Afghanistan and not Iraq or Darfur is because we are loyal servants of this nation and that what we do, where we do it are indeed dictated by the democratically elected government of the land.

I will sum up the stance of journalists and civilians like this "You can't hug your children with nuclear arms"

Mindless soundbites and sensational lies are really easy for closed minds to absorb.

I'm waiting for Jack Layton to quote these sources in Parliament as evidence of why we should leave. Let's see if his stupidity goes THAT deep.

Infantry_wannabe said:
I'm waiting for Jack Layton to quote these sources in Parliament as evidence of why we should leave. Let's see if his stupidity goes THAT deep.
:)

We all know he is.  Shall we count the days or hours?

George Wallace said:
We all know he is.  Shall we count the days or hours?

We should start a pool as an Army.ca fundraiser!

Back