• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Capital Punishment Debate

Should it be brought back?


  • Total voters
    146
Regarding if convicted felons would choose life in prison over the Death Penalty, this guy chose Life.

ADA COUNTY, Idaho — Bryan Kohberger has agreed to plead guilty to all counts and will be sentenced to four consecutive life sentences without the death penalty,

Opinions may vary. I suppose one does not really know until offered a plea deal, or take your chances in court.
 
Regarding if convicted felons would choose life in prison over the Death Penalty, this guy chose Life.

ADA COUNTY, Idaho — Bryan Kohberger has agreed to plead guilty to all counts and will be sentenced to four consecutive life sentences without the death penalty,

Opinions may vary. I suppose one does not really know until offered a plea deal, or take your chances in court.
He’s also appealing it on the grounds he was coerced and ineffective counsel
 
In yesterday's news,

This fellow not only beat "Old Sparky" eight times, he recently passed away , while still "a guest of the state" , at the ripe old age of 101.

served a final meal eight times

 
Botched one in Tennessee.

Jesus Christ.

No matter how badly I ever completely eff up at my job, I will never, ever suck at my job as badly as that crew did. What a debacle.
 
Jesus Christ.

No matter how badly I ever completely eff up at my job, I will never, ever suck at my job as badly as that crew did. What a debacle.
They really took this to heart:

1790910285396.png


We failed at killing the prisoner twice so we brought them to the hospital to give them medical assistance...

Meanwhile, a cheaper more efficient solution exists....

1790910647191.png
 
Old problems require modern solutions. UGV is programed to aim at target pinned to prisoner, once firing is selected, the gun will fire in a random interval between 5-15 seconds.

how-infantry-actually-deal-with-ugv-unmanned-ground-vehicle-v0-rs7s7jx6s4pg1.jpg
 
IMHO just give her life, you've had two kicks at the cat . Enough!
Any further attempts come across as both cruel and vicious and like your trying to cover up the incompetence of your corrections service.
I'm quite well aware of what she's done and while she may have fully earned a death sentence. Nobody deserves to be slowly tortured to death.
 
IMHO just give her life, you've had two kicks at the cat . Enough!
Any further attempts come across as both cruel and vicious and like your trying to cover up the incompetence of your corrections service.
I'm quite well aware of what she's done and while she may have fully earned a death sentence. Nobody deserves to be slowly tortured to death.
Disagree, her victim didn’t deserve to be tortured to death, she however has earned it through her actions.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.
 
IMHO just give her life, you've had two kicks at the cat . Enough!
Any further attempts come across as both cruel and vicious and like your trying to cover up the incompetence of your corrections service.
I'm quite well aware of what she's done and while she may have fully earned a death sentence. Nobody deserves to be slowly tortured to death.

Cruel ?


Nah. Just put a barrel to her head and end it. We complicate the most simple things.
 
Cruel ?


Nah. Just put a barrel to her head and end it. We complicate the most simple things.

Very messy, and someone has to clean after.

Personally, I think we should use hyper-baric chambers in reverse: put the inmate in, seal, and very slowly reduce the oxygen content until the person naturally passes out. At that point of unconsciousness, quickly remove all the oxygen and wait 30 minutes.

Humane, effective all the time and no mess.
 
Very messy, and someone has to clean after.

Personally, I think we should use hyper-baric chambers in reverse: put the inmate in, seal, and very slowly reduce the oxygen content until the person naturally passes out. At that point of unconsciousness, quickly remove all the oxygen and wait 30 minutes.

Humane, effective all the time and no mess.

I really dont care about finding a humane way to put evil down.

Incineration ? Quick, no clean up. Dump the ashes in the trash.
 
Funny enough she actually specifically requested firing squad or hanging over to concerns she had over their ability to access her veins due to some medical condition.

I have heard she had some sort veins related medical condition. .308sp to the left temple.
 
IMO, commute her sentence to life at this point.

I think they just reschedule.

As per the United States Supreme Court,


Romell Broom (June 4, 1956 – December 28, 2020) was an American death row inmate who was convicted of murder, kidnapping and rape. He was sentenced to death for the 1984 murder of 14-year-old Tryna Middleton. Broom was scheduled to be executed on September 15, 2009, but after executioners failed to locate a vein, he was granted a reprieve. A second execution attempt was scheduled for June 2020, which was delayed until March 2022. Broom died from COVID-19 in prison before the sentence could be carried out.

Francis was 17 when he survived the first attempt to execute him, as the chair malfunctioned. After an appeal of his case to the U.S. Supreme Court failed, he was executed in 1947 at age 18.

As far averages go, I read lethal injection has the highest rate of botched executions compared to more traditional methods in the United States, with an estimated 7.2% error rate.
 
Back
Top