• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Component Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARMY_101

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Similar to this thread, I'm interested in seeing how many reservists have their component transfers in for the Reg Force, when you applied, which trade you chose, and so forth.

Personally, I've heard of CT's being approved within a month, while others have waited 5 years.

CT Application Date:
Officer/NCM:
Trade Choice 1:
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
First contact:
Interview:
Medical:
Aptitude Test:
Position Offered:
CT Effective:
Training required:

CT Application Date: 8 Oct 12
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: LogsO
Trade Choice 2: PAO
Trade Choice 3: Int O
First contact: 10 Oct 12
Interview:
Medical:
Aptitude Test:
Position Offered:
CT Effective:
Training required:

Transferring from Sup Res to RegF
Third time applying in 3 years.
no luck yet.

Has anyone had any recent luck with CTing to the Reg Force? Or are you mostly being told to wait until April 2013?

I received a component transfer offer about two weeks ago, I applied for it in December of 2011.

Not for myself, but for one of the clerks in my unit:

CT Application Date: June 2012
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: RMS
First contact: July 2012
Interview: July 2012
Position Offered: Oct 2012
CT Effective: Jan 2013
Training required: N/A

I removed the N/A lines.

CT Application Date: 5 Dec 11
Trade Choice 1: INT
Trade Choice 2: EW
Trade Choice 3: ASOP
First contact: 08 Dec 11
Interview:10 Apr 12
Aptitude Test:10 Apr 12

CT Application Date: 20 Feb 13
Trade Choice 1: Traffic Tech
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
First contact:
Interview: N/A
Medical: Still Valid
Aptitude Test: Still Valid
Position Offered: N/A
CT Effective: N/A
Training required:

Combat engineer, however I did not accept the offer as I was able to get a good civvie job in the time while I was waiting. Im hoping some other deserving troop got the chance to take it in my place.

CT Application Date: Mid Sept 2012
Trade Choice 1: Sup Tech
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
First contact: Late Sept 2012
Interview: Mid Nov 2012
Medical: Mid Oct 2012 (arranged it on my own)
Aptitude Test: NR
Position Offered: 18 Dec 2012
CT Effective: 13 Feb 2013
Training required: QL3

All in all I was three months start to offer. All though I know that is usually unheard of.

Anyone had any recent CTs come through? Or heard of anything going on since the new fiscal year?

Are CTs processed according to trade (e.g. April is Log and RMS, May is infantry, etc) or are they processed as the member applies?

Mods: request this be moved to http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/board,44.0.html

Note that there is a difference between a CT where an individual stays in trade (Res Sup Tech becomes Reg Sup Tech) and where they change trade (Res Infantryman becomes Reg Pilot).

The former is easier and more likely to proceed quickly.

dapaterson said:
Note that there is a difference between a CT where an individual stays in trade (Res Sup Tech becomes Reg Sup Tech) and where they change trade (Res Infantryman becomes Reg Pilot).

The former is easier and more likely to proceed quickly.

Of course. Unfortunately the latter (I think "CT with career action required" is the formal title) has a lot less information published about how it works. Example: an inf NCM with 5 years experience in a Clerk position is still considered an untrained applicant for CT to RMS Clk, even though that applicant is clearly far ahead of most other untrained applicants.

I understand it needs to be formally considered through a PLAR, which means the PLAR process needs to become more expedient and defined (e.g. "x experience = trained applicant").

No news other than there is no Tfc Tech positions this fiscal year. I'm hoping there's another board in the Fall and all that changes.

Still anxiously awaiting an offer.

I'm not perusing my CT anymore. I was offered a good job (apprenticeship) that starts soon. I'm still going to stick with the reserves, just going to switch trades once I'm settled in my civie job. 

Hey,

I've had a CT in for 13 months now, just over a year. I'm looking to go RMS Clk and eventually one day commission. Just last week was the first time they told me I had a broker, so I'm hoping that's good news that the process is coming along!

Since this whole thread is pretty much Daniel Dickin talking to himself I'll lock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back