• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Dentist

Status
Not open for further replies.

winchable

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
So it's been 3 hours since I went in for my "Teeth Cleaning" at the dentist and my entire jaw feels like I got punched.

I mean, first of all, why is it that she has to use a sharp metal pick to clean the area of the tooth near my gums?????
A dull plastic would do the same job and wouldn't make my jaw feel like a bag of hammers being beaten against a brick wall.
And flossing? MY GOD....It's like...piano wire scraped across my soft gums, I thought floss was supposed

Then that little polisher comes out, the noise reverberates through my skull like someones taking a pneumatic tire drill and just grinding it against my teeth. Then she says "Oh, all finished, bright and shiney." Oh I felt like doing terrible things.

Then out comes the flouride, the ultime insult to injury, the salt on the festering wound, the pee on the burning hair. Lord help me I was not pleased with my flavour choices either: Lemon Lime, Rasberry, Banana.

She wasn't even a little gentle either, she's right in there just butchering my mouth like I've got money in there.

....Anyone else?

Sounds like my last cleaning in Shearwater. She was scraping tartar from under my gums. I couldn't chew anything solid for a couple days after wards. It felt like I got a good punch in the mouth and loosened all my teeth.

I always love when they ask how often I floss, I always say "when I've got something stuck in my teeth". Of course that aggravates them, I think I may start flossing a month before my next checkout so that they don't take their frustration out on my teeth and gums.

Ever wonder where Sadam's torture department went?  I think we have another mystery solved here

Kat

Che said:
So it's been 3 hours since I went in for my "Teeth Cleaning" at the dentist and my entire jaw feels like I got punched.

I mean, first of all, why is it that she has to use a sharp metal pick to clean the area of the tooth near my gums?????

Then out comes the flouride.......

Hehehehe......

You actually got flouride paste ?
Sounds like someone has been ignoring their teeth.  ;D

Oh man they asked me "You're gums don't look like they see much floss, how often do you floss?"
"Uhh...."
"Never?"
"Well...I tried it once afer you gave me the free pack last time"
"Oh really"

All of a sudden the room seemed to morph into a dark cellar, and the hygenist started to look...a little mad.
Then she brought out..the Box That said "Razor Wire Floss"

The rest was a blur, but I woke up with a broken jaw and a bill.

Sounds like someone has been ignoring their teeth.

I got a flouride liquid I had to swish around my mouth,

What can I say...I'm English.

Just a thought, but perhaps you could try flossing daily and brushing at least twice a day.  Give that a try and see how your next appointment goes.

What CFMG doesn't tell you is:

The dental check ups are actually a secret Pre-Resistance to Interrogation course.  ;D

Ha. I also had my "teeth cleaning" this morning.
My teeth do feel loose and Yum Yum "gritty" , no matter what I do, every so often I get a nice sandy feeling in my bite!

I do believe the hygienists take too much joy in their work of inflicting pain!

She skirts the ice cold water into a sensitive part of my tooth...I flinch and wince. (hey I have had 3 kids I am not a wuss)
Hygienist: "That sensitive there?"
Me: "AAH yeah"
Hygienist: "I guess I will squirt the water farther back so you can just gargle it. That way I don't have to scrape you off the ceiling each time."
Me: "Good Idea"
Hygienist must have short-term memory loss, since she just kept squirting the water into the same part each time. I swear they wear the masks so that you can't see them smiling behind there!

Most of the time the Dentist visit doesn't bother me, sometimes I fall asleep.

.....Although one time a couple of years ago at the dentist place by the Cannex in Petawawa, I had the same situation as Che did. Even the tone and dialogue were eeeerly similar...

I got the fluoride treatment last time I was there. The dentist used a foam fluoride. I had to open my mouth wide, baring my teeth, (  ;D ) ,and the fluoride foam, was dabbed all over my teeth, until covered. I had to hold this position for 2 mins without closing my mouth.  I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror, I looked like I was inflicted with a bad case of rabies. He also had a new tool for cleaning. It was a device that looked like the polisher they use except it had pick type end on it similar to old scraping tool, but it vibrated gently( supposedly) It was awful, especially in more sensitive areas. Dentists my most hated individuals, but a necessary evil I guess

old medic said:
Hehehehe......

Sounds like someone has been ignoring their teeth.   ;D

I've gotten fluoride every time I've been to the dentist since I enrolled and I've only ever had one cavity in my life.

I had a hockey "accident" a few years back that has destroyed my dental work. I go to the dentist like every 3 months, the last cleaning visit; there was a new hygenist, fresh out of the candy shop. She was nervous as heck, I told her, look lady, I see more drills than a new high rise, your waterpik don't scare me, so she relaxes a bit, I start joking with her and what not and by the end of the thing I was soaked all over my shirt. I nearly drowned on two occasions as the water went directly down my throat, as yes the good times.   ::)

Edited for my terrible grammar  ::)

Dentists always give me a hard time about my wisdom teeth. I refused to have them pulled when I was younger, since the Dentist could not provide me with a good reason for pulling them, other than that "They could cause problems", but I felt he just wanted more money. I told him that he could pull them if they did actually cause me problems.

All of them came in, no trouble. But everytime I go to a Dentist they want to pull them saying "They could cause problems"...which they don't. Didn't evolution give us wisdom teeth for a reason?  The only problem I see with my wisdom teeth is having them pulled and getting the bill for it.

Dentists don't really bother me. I usually cop out and just get gassed ;D.

In 94, I had a tooth pulled in 15 Wing, Moose Jaw. It could have been filled, but that would have cost too much. Thats a DND dentist for ya. Plus he had such bad breath to boot!

In Australia, tthe Army slang for a dentist is the 'Fang Ferrier'.

Cheers,

Wes

Yes, my worst trip would have been for the wisdom teeth to the hospital. I could have got hit by a car and wouldn't have felt it when i left. but for the whole week i couldn't eat like anything, i lost 5 pounds and did i mention that one of the stitches came out and the whole clump of blood clots and such all came out. Grossed thing ever when these clots come out of your mouth. i have had more pleasanter days  :)

when i was 12 or 13 i had to go for a root canal. they don't hurt as much as people think they do. it is just a very long procedure ( 4-5 hours) i was sitting in the chair not allowed to move with things in my mouth keeping it really wide open. man i hated it. when they were scraping around for the nerve in my tooth they accidentally poked the inside of my tooth kinda hard, even with my whole head frozen it hurt. i didn't go back to the dentist for like 4 years after that.

the next worse time was when i went for a cavity. the dentist put to different needles in to try and freeze my mouth. it didn't work. the guy was drilling and scraping and i was in agony.  i have a lot of respect for my mom though. when she had to get all her cavity's they didn't freeze your mouth at all. god that would hurt.

When I got to the dentist last year, she found a little cavity. No big deal, she said she would'nt even need to freeze my mouth since "i'm a guy and guys are tough". So she started drilling it. OMG it was painful. But then she went like "oh, i should have frozen you, it's way bigger than I toughed it was" then she finished the job WITHOUT freezing my mouth.. I NEVER got back there since then. Another bad part was my widsom teeth removal... 3 of them were still inside my gums so the dentist had to cut the gums to take the teeth out. I didn't eat anything solid in a whole week and lost 9 pounds.. awful experience.

You guys, check this out!

I went to the dentist office (on base) three months ago, for a cavity. No biggie. They freeze me, but it hurts! Oh jeese! I Think i drilled too far! Hum..didn't like to hear that!
Well, we can't fix that up right now ,so book an appointment for next week, and in the meanwhile, i'll prescribe you some motrin!!!!!!!!

The week after i show up. Well you'll need a root canal thingie!!!!!!! Come back next week (take an appointment) and we'll fix that up for you (don't forget to take your motrins!

Then i show up the third week. They do their stuff, and 1500 hrs comes and they say "well, it's 1500 hrs now and the duty crew is taking over"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i'm frozen and she drills and it hurts! She says "well it's not supposed to hurt, you're frozen!" Well i say ,it fu..... hurts!
Oh, i know why now. I think i drilled through your sinus cavity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

IMAGINE!!!!!!!!!!!!    THROUGH THE TOOTH, THEN THROUGH THE PALATE, THEN THE F....... SINUS CAVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She plugs my nose then she asks me to try to blow through my nose, and it goes through.....my sinuses....

She says sorry.....it happens sometimes.....

Needless to say ,i filled up a CF98........

-Hutch- said:
when i was 12 or 13 i had to go for a root canal. they don't hurt as much as people think they do. it is just a very long procedure ( 4-5 hours)

Where the hell did u get that root canal?!?!? Mine only took an hour and a half!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back