• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Dentist

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG delavan, I wish something like that never happends to me... ooh it must hurt a lot... awwhh!

My teeth get sensitive just to think about it...

Cheers

i got mine in a town called Huntsville. they did a crap job to. my tooth still hurts tot his day.  oh actually i don't think i took quite that long but it was well over 2 hours. 4-5 was exaggerated

I shouldn't have read this thread. *cringes* Dentists traumatize me and mine's been after me for years now to get my wisdom teeth taken out. :-X

There are some really painful sounding stories and nasty visuals on here. Enough that I think the next time i'm in the Dentists office i'm just gonna ask for dentures....Cut out the middle man ;). My dentist is a right tool, he loves to chat for an hour and them do minor work and bill the insurrance company for it ( don't know about that for sure, but i've got a sneakin' suspicion something aint right with the man). Next time he pokes my gums and looks at me and says, while i'm gushing torrents of blood..lol, "OOPS I slipped there, i'm gonna crank back and let loose and say the same thing followed by how do you like it?, then i can apply for compter time from the local prison to check out the news on this site...lol

gravyboat said:
Are you all a bunch of Girl Guides? Suck it up. It's not that bad. Much better than breaking a bone. Try brushing and flossing every day, maybe through in a little Listerine for shits and giggles. It might seem like alot of work, 3-4 minutes of your precious time daily, but you will reap the benefits at your next hygiene appointment.

actually, i would rather break a bone than go to the dentist. everytime i have broken a bone it is not nearly as bad as going to the dentist. breaking a bone is usually painful but it is quick. when you go to the dentist it is a long painful procedure sometimes. i just really don't like and doctors or dentists. no matter what the reason. not that i am afraid just that i have never really had a good experience, eversince i was young. i think the fear of  dentist's comes from when you are young and going in with all those drills and scrappers that they poke your gums with. also the 3-4 minutes should be  3-4 minutes 3 times a day, and still it does not guarantee anything

kas said:
I shouldn't have read this thread. *cringes* Dentists traumatize me and mine's been after me for years now to get my wisdom teeth taken out. :-X

I had a good experience when i got mine out! (THANK GOD)...I'm a nurse & know of all the horrors that could happen & was still scared sh*tless!! But the cocktail of nitrous, demerol & valium.....man that stuff gives you the funniest feelings & dreams!! I didn't feel a thing & the pain after the removal wasn't bad either. Lost some nice pounds due to a liquid diet but it wasn't bad at all!!  Just hope the oral surgeon is good  ;)

If you floss a few times a week, your gums shouldn't be all rotting and inflamed and the business with the pick should be barely noticeable.

Oh quit whining!
Try having braces that shred the inside of your mouth with little razor sharp wires or a little contraption in the roof of your mouth that slowly spreads your jaw by means of little metal bars attached to rings around your teeth...
And then dentist appointments for me feature a tiny motorized thingie that gets under my braces and rather rudely tears away at my gumline.
The sucky thingie's tube is always full of blood....

But do you see me whining? Nooo.  ;)

my sister spent $7,000 on braces. they straitend her teeth but once she took them off her teeth went crooked again.

I have had braces- $ 5000 bux  and my teeth where pretty messed up, but now i think it was worth it.

:brickwall: Ok the following is coming from me, Gullys wife and NOT Gully.
WA WA WA.why is it that everyone wines about the dentist. Granted, in the past, anaesthetic may not have worked very well, and IF it wasn't working the dentist didn't believe you. However that is the PAST!! Today, in our generation, if you experience a painful visit, to the dentist or to the hygienist, it is because you do not take care of your teeth and or gums!! Plane and simple. If they have to "scrape" below your gumline, its because all the food that you have been eating sat, jammed down in there until it got so hard that the only way to remove it was with a sharp, metal instrument!!! So please if you are not going to floss............don't expect a "pain free" visit. Put it this way, if you don't floss...ya your cleaning might be a bit painful, but the alternative is no teeth at all, because all the gunk got left in there and your bone, holding you teeth vanished and they all just eventually fell out. Now that is NOT very attractive!!!

Hello Gully's wife. Thanks for digging up an almost 2 year old thread just to huck shit at those that posted. Perhaps next time you're bored, you'll just go somewhere else to lecture people.

I've had one cavity all my life, trust me, my teeth are fine the way I take care of them. I still don't floss regularly and I have only ever had the one painful visit, my guess, shitty hygenist. Hell, getting my wisdom teeth out was less painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back