• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Gagetown Thread- Merged

My golden is freaked by fireworks as well - but it is about the only thing that get to him.  From the time he was a puppy (in England) we took himn everywhere - standing on busy street corners in London, trains, buses, you name it.  AS a result, he is totally unfazed by everything except fireworks and...balloons for some weird reason.

How old is your nervous nellie?

Our Golden is 7.  She is the anti-Golden. Everything they are suppose to be, she is not. Very much a loner.  Sometimes she will just disappear in the house....some quite time for herself I guess.  So quite most times you don't even know she is in the room with you. She is very protective and territorial. No one would ever sneak in our house...she would be on them!  I wouldn't trust her around kids......I wouldn't trus any dog around kids for that matter. I make her sound like a monster but she is not; she is well behaved and has never chew or ruined anything.  We have trained her and she will respond to whatever we tell me to do. Very smart.

ARMY VERN
No Girls shouldn't resort to the ugly guys. I couldn't handle all the attention  ;D
You can just keep dating the A##holes that treat you bad cheat on the side and use you more as a mother figure than the godesses that you deserve to be treated as.

If you do want one night to remember
For ladies the deformities include,

A. high top sneakers.
B. CF Belt
C. Rugby shirt with the collar up, (and not a rugby player)
D. dog tags and shaved heads
E. Molesto moustaches
F. Mullets
G. any guy who drives a Camaro
H. Tucked in T-shirts
I. Star Trek buttons

And guys remember the line between Sex kitten and Cougar is a thin one.  So Beware less the hunter be the hunted. >:D

I'm sitting here trying to figure out if I am a couger or a kitten... :-*

I'd be a hottie...but I'm married and living in the q's so I have degraded to fatty  ;D

But at least my kids that I take to McDonalds belonged to my hubby/vicitm(?) before he evne joined.

HAHA...I guess good ol O-Town just lives up to everywhere else in "small-town-maritimes" :blotto:

This thread is almost making me miss Gagetown.... almost.

Still have a couple of weeks vacation to use up. Almost tempted to dust off my old big game licence and book into that new Days Inn with jacuzzi for a little big cat hunting. Naah wouldn't be the same without the Camelot.

CdnArtyWife said:
I'm sitting here trying to figure out if I am a cougar or a kitten... :-*

I'd be a hottie...but I'm married and living in the q's so I have degraded to fatty   ;D

But at least my kids that I take to MMcDonald'sbelonged to my hubby/vicitm(?) before he evne joined.

HAHA...I guess good ol O-Town just lives up to everywhere else in "small-town-maritimes" :blotto:

Going on a case by case study. Please let me classify you into your proper sub species.

Are you really a fatie or not. Q living doesn't automatically come with stretch pants.
Assuming your working with the MFRC that means you have a job or rresponsibilities You don't hang around the court cchainsmoking with your neighbour in a 3 day old mini-mouse night shirt. Squawking about your husbands WO and sneering at the lady across the street because she thinks she is better than you, when actually she has employment and a circle of friends who are likewise employed and have the same interests.

Your kids came from your hubby and you married before he joined. That means you cannot judge which kid was the result of whatever Excercise or Tour he went on. As well you probably don't equate a Combat Team Excercise and a No holds barred girls night out.

If you love your man (at time he is annoying but its ok), and you help him feel good when he is down or kick his bum when he is lazy. Do mostly anything for him (within reason of course whatever happens between you, him, a goat and the girl who works at sobeys is between you guys.) And he holds you on the high pedestal that you deserve

The you are definitely a Kitten.

mover1 said:
The you are definitely a Kitten.

Well Mover,
I won't lay out my case for you to assess but most cougars that I have come to meet, are really kittens at heart... ;)
Sometimes they just need a little persuasion or encouragement from either that which they hunt or that which they have already landed. 'Kittenism' is a two way street and a little belly rubbing can go a long ways towards turning that cougar back into the kitten she deserves to be.

PS Are you married and where do we buy pedestals?

Interesting topic, but something has been overlooked!

What about the young single mothers that are all over the place in Fredericton and it's surroundings?

I know several guys that dated girls like that and most of they bought a house and got married, got kids and all that in a short amount of time.
Don't know what's going on... Too quick to be true.
When you're single and you want to date a lady, it takes some time to find the type you prefer and doesn't mean that she is interested...

My point: there is a lot of young single mothers looking for young army dudes with a steady income, who will take care of the kids, play father with  them.

Then she'll convince the poor guy to have a baby with her, buddy say yes ,the knot is tied...

The worst thing is that a lot of guys are falling in the trap!

I was told when I received my call with the offer and again when I enrolled.  Is that unusual?

I remember when i stayed with a friend in gagetown (not in the pmq's) we would sometimes hear artillery but it wasnt that loud , it was more like distant thunder and you didnt really notice it most of the time.

Thanks for the info camochick.  I am a little worried about her ???

I live out in burton area, quite abit i hear the artillery fireing and sometimes i hear some small arms fire!

The sounds of fireworks, thunder and Artillery scare many pets, whether you are living in Shilo, Petawawa, Gagetown or Wainwright you can expect that you will encounter the frequent sounds of Artillery, machine gun and rifle fire from the ranges. A dog's hearing and sense of smell are many times greater than ours.  Fireworks and thunder are airburst sounds, whereas artillery is gernerally more of a ground shaking sounds.  Medicating the dog seems rather drastic, sensitive animals with a personality are better in many ways than aggressive, insensitive ones.

ab136,
Yes your dog will hear noise but no louder than any city noise it may encounter. Trust me, if my scaredy-cat dog made it there for two years, .......any dog will.

Thanks guys,
Just one item on a long list of things I am worrying about. This recruiting thing is very stressfull ;D

What the F#$%. A Goldie scared of gun firer? My big dumbie, has been out hunting for 5 yrs now. By the way, the ranges are not that loud.

delavan said:
Interesting topic, but something has been overlooked!
What about the young single mothers that are all over the place in Fredericton and it's surroundings?
I know several guys that dated girls like that and most of they bought a house and got married, got kids and all that in a short amount of time.
Don't know what's going on... Too quick to be true.
When you're single and you want to date a lady, it takes some time to find the type you prefer and doesn't mean that she is interested...
My point: there is a lot of young single mothers looking for young army dudes with a steady income, who will take care of the kids, play father with   them.
Then she'll convince the poor guy to have a baby with her, buddy say yes ,the knot is tied...
The worst thing is that a lot of guys are falling in the trap!
Something's been overlooked all right....
Perhaps the fact that many of said same single mother's are that way because of young troops!! Why? Because many of them have fallen into the little...Oh I'll love you forever and ever (with fingers tightly crossed behind my back thing that some of some of our finest young soldier's employ).
Been there. Done that. Let's not get into slamming any single mother's here OK?
Fact is this is a town that has many...made that way by single (mostly) soldier's.
I grew up here, heard it and seen it. I could post some of my Prom pics from OHS and you could see the amount of "military men' that were at our prom. 99% of which were right on excellent guys. 99% of the 'single moms' happen to be right on excellent girls too.
After all, I married one...(of the guys of course!!)...think back to the Royal Haitian....remember him?
So if this is what you are worried about, help control the population...tell your young single soldier friends before they go out to do any hunting to visit the MIR where they can pick up rain jackets for free!!

After all the boys should take some responsibility for this as well....not just the single mothers.

armyvern,

I stand corrected!
I appreciate your input, specially because you're from that area and been there.
I'm telling you though, I didn't see it coming!!!!!!!!
Basically, I've never been that type of guy, this is probably why I presented only one site of the coin.

delavan said:
armyvern,

I stand corrected!
I appreciate your input, specially because you're from that area and been there.
I'm telling you though, I didn't see it coming!!!!!!!!
Basically, I've never been that type of guy, this is probably why I presented only one site of the coin.

No need to be corrected. Just fully informed. I'd like to know what the ratio of this is around "Armyville" because the same thing seemed to be status quo around Petawawa as well. I'm glad to hear you're not one of those guys, for guys like yourself will find the right one some day, and for the right reasons. But remember, if you feel the urge to go out and play...Always wear your rain jacket!!   ;D

Back