• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

Well it would seem that guns don’t reduce the rate of violent crime but the statistics imply that maybe reducing a Liberal government might reduce violent crime in Canada.

Violent crime in Canada had been slowly decreasing until Team Trudeau took over at the helm, then things got consistently more violent, the exact opposite of what they espoused their anti-gun approach would achieve.

Kind of awkward if you ask me.

View attachment 76168

Winning election slogan backed by stats.
statistics imply that maybe reducing a Liberal government might reduce violent crime in Canada.

Handguns are still "frozen". Bill C-21 will pass and then the ban hammer will really come down.

And they all called the liberals incompetent...
Political cleverness and competence are most certainly separate tracks - almost the x and y axis for a chart describing governments?

Political cleverness and competence are most certainly separate tracks - almost the x and y axis for a chart describing governments?
I see the two as more intertwined than that. Part of what "can" make a good politician/party is the same as what a lot of people hate about politicians; shrewedness. Whether your opinion of it is positive or negative depend entirely on whether they use their cleverness to achieve something you want or not.

I watched the opposition parties have their pressers after this.

I was very disheartened to see them attacking each other for a greater share of the responsibility for the collapse of the amendments.

This was a chance to look united against the LPC and instead they went after each other. Sad. Reminds me of the different firearms people and organizations in Canada.

The M1A and M1 arent the same. M1A = M14 variant. M1 = Garand.

But I think they were both banned in separate amendments.

I stand to be corrected though.

The M1A and M1 arent the same. M1A = M14 variant. M1 = Garand.

But I think they were both banned in separate amendments.

I stand to be corrected though.
yeah I have a couple norinco M305/M14's. I guess we have to look at the RCMP page everyday to see whats legal

yeah I have a couple norinco M305/M14's. I guess we have to look at the RCMP page everyday to see whats legal
Because of the RCMP playing fast and loose with the term "variant" you should check every time you go to the range as newly banned firearms are not publicly announced.

Because of the RCMP playing fast and loose with the term "variant" you should check every time you go to the range as newly banned firearms are not publicly announced.

I don't think police should be allowed to add or remove banned firearms. The banning of legally obtained property should be debated and weighed by government. Not played fast and loose with by a bunch of unelected public employees.

I am afraid too, lol. Luckily I dont have to go anywhere to shoot if I want but I have had a few guys bring OIC banned firearms to my place to shoot that they didnt know or check and these were guys still in the military.

I am afraid too, lol. Luckily I dont have to go anywhere to shoot if I want but I have had a few guys bring OIC banned firearms to my place to shoot that they didnt know or check and these were guys still in the military.

The vast vast majority of military and police folks have no exposure to firearms outside their range qualifications. Police arguably a bit more as they carry them all the time.

This is really why alot of this legislation is broken. The expertise is actually outside the government. And the government won't engage them.

I see the two as more intertwined than that. Part of what "can" make a good politician/party is the same as what a lot of people hate about politicians; shrewedness. Whether your opinion of it is positive or negative depend entirely on whether they use their cleverness to achieve something you want or not.
That's why I'm now leaning more toward the two-axes thing - you can have politically clever politicians doing things that are competent or incompetent (as you say, mostly in the eye of the beholder), and you can have political dummies "falling into" competent options or doing incompetent things. If we really want to get esoteric, you could also add a y axis of "effectiveness" - you can have shrewd, competent politicians who don't get the results they seek for all sorts of reasons outside their control.

I watched the opposition parties have their pressers after this.

I was very disheartened to see them attacking each other for a greater share of the responsibility for the collapse of the amendments.

This was a chance to look united against the LPC and instead they went after each other. Sad. Reminds me of the different firearms people and organizations in Canada.

To me, there are 3 main organizations; CCFR, CSSA and NFA. I am currently a CCFR member.

CCFR - the first org I’d heard of, basically caught the CCFR Radio show on a Saturday morning while watching Sportsman Channel sometime last spring. Bought a membership and follow their legal challenge stuff semi-closely.

CSSA - this is the org the CITR supports and mentions during their shows. I’ve read a little about their org on their website and have considered getting a membership with them as well.

NFA - I’ve seen one or two advertisements on them and know next to nothing about the group.

Why aren’t they more united? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
To me, there are 3 main organizations; CCFR, CSSA and NFA. I am currently a CCFR member.

CCFR - the first org I’d heard of, basically caught the CCFR Radio show on a Saturday morning while watching Sportsman Channel sometime last spring. Bought a membership and follow their legal challenge stuff semi-closely.

CSSA - this is the org the CITR supports and mentions during their shows. I’ve read a little about their org on their website and have considered getting a membership with them as well.

NFA - I’ve seen one or twin advertisements on them and know next to nothing about the group.

Why aren’t they more united? 🤷🏻‍♂️
I'm a CCFR member. I'm also a CSSA member to maintain my RSO and instructor certifications. I considered joining the NFA but their rhetoric and their now abandoned lawsuit of the CCFR turned me off. It seems that once C-21 passes, the only governmentally recognized sport shooting organization will be the Shooting Federation of Canada (SFC).

SFC is a new one to me. I didn’t know the feds can chose which orgs are legitimate.

Agree on the NFA; the little I did see of theirs put me off.

Back