• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

If the CFO is treating club members like pawns, perhaps best to simplify things and just cease ALL use of Class 12/prohib wpns on the ranges…

Good point. Ranges can’t be too careful about liability. No more Law enforcement shoots at Ontario Ranges until this get resolved…
I know a few ranges that are doing this.

Suspending all prohibs, even 12-6, and most LEO mbrs get it, some were pissy and the range pulled its ‘Insurance Says’ trump card and the loudmouth LEOs had to clam up…or they could exercise their right to leave the club.

Collateral damage, sure, but it’s a dick move by the CFO, and maybe there’ll be some feedback to the CFO that may reverse the move.

What are other provinces heading towards? Will they follow Ontario’s lead?

I only have DWAN... Wont show video... what did I miss ?
Ontario CFO ordered clubs to stop shooting prohibited weapons, which includes 12(6) grandfathered pistols, except for LEOs who may belong to those clubs, they can still shoot prohibited weapons.

If they include 12(6), then sadly I think the ranges should bar all prohibs on the range regardless of users, because they just to dangerous........

If they include 12(6), then sadly I think the ranges should bar all prohibs on the range regardless of users, because they just to dangerous........
About a week ago, the CFO sent a clarification to all ON clubs. 12(6) handguns are still permitted. Firearms banned from May 2020 and beyond are prohibited. All pubic agency users must provide proof of insurance to the range operators of the facility they are using.

About a week ago, the CFO sent a clarification to all ON clubs. 12(6) handguns are still permitted. Firearms banned from May 2020 and beyond are prohibited. All pubic agency users must provide proof of insurance to the range operators of the facility they are using.
Thanks for the update, Haggis. You’re right, I hadn’t seen the letter myself, just the water cooler ‘steam’, but having read the letter, if clearly states an exception for 12(6.1) handguns. That said, the letter is not clear in that it refers to the 1 May 2020 OIC order and some have questioned what about weapons prohibited after the original 1 May 2020 OIC prohibition order? Can the CFo’s letter be posted publicly? I’ve seen a copy, but don’t know if the CFO would support its public dissemination/posting? 🤷🏻‍♂️

So in Infantry speak, does this mean that in ON, you have to be a member of a Gun Club if you own a pistol, but you can't shoot said pistol (not a 12(6) one) at that gun club?

$67M spent to date and not a single assault style firearm has been confiscated with compensation paid. Over $11M spent on consultants and, in the spirit of open governance, the Liberals refuse to identify who these consultants are/were.

To be fair to the Liberals, some banned assault style firearms have been voluntarily surrendered for destruction by owners who fear government actions, but this was done outside the scope of this program so those owners are not eligible for compensation.

$67M spent to date and not a single assault style firearm has been confiscated with compensation paid. Over $11M spent on consultants and, in the spirit of open governance, the Liberals refuse to identify who these consultants are/were.

To be fair to the Liberals, some banned assault style firearms have been voluntarily surrendered for destruction by owners who fear government actions, but this was done outside the scope of this program so those owners are not eligible for compensation.

Sounds like the millions places like LA spend on fighting homelessness with absolutely nothing to show for it.

How much of that 67M is going to pay cheques I wonder ?

Sounds like the millions places like LA spend on fighting homelessness with absolutely nothing to show for it.
They have a little to show for it, but it's not what they hoped for. The ban has done nothing to decrease violent crime with the guns it banned as they weren't being used criminally in Canada.
How much of that 67M is going to pay cheques I wonder ?
The article mentions 60 public servants and 15 RCMP employees (unclear if regular or civilian members) have been assigned to this very high priority public safety file, which is now over four years old.

Police and Canada Post have both refused to participate in the confiscation program for various and very good reasons. I expect the CAF will be tasked to "come up with a plan" to meet the Liberal's objectives. I can't see that being well accepted by Canadians ("the Army is coming to get my guns!") or by those CAF members who stand to lose their own property to the program.

They have a little to show for it, but it's not what they hoped for. The ban has done nothing to decrease violent crime with the guns it banned as they weren't being used criminally in Canada.

The article mentions 60 public servants and 15 RCMP employees (unclear if regular or civilian members) have been assigned to this very high priority public safety file, which is now over four years old.

Police and Canada Post have both refused to participate in the confiscation program for various and very good reasons. I expect the CAF will be tasked to "come up with a plan" to meet the Liberal's objectives. I can't see that being well accepted by Canadians ("the Army is coming to get my guns!") or by those CAF members who stand to lose their own property to the program.
Give the task to the Reserves. It'll give them something to do, and since they're already in a lot of communities, they'll already know who has weapons. They can seize them and store them in their armouries. (I totally jest, but I could see that being a COA).

Give the task to the Reserves. It'll give them something to do, and since they're already in a lot of communities, they'll already know who has weapons. They can seize them and store them in their armouries. (I totally jest, but I could see that being a COA).
My co-workers and I had already discussed this as a probable COA. Lots of Class C money left in the $200M Bill Blair promised this would cost.

Units could pick good quality AR's out of the confiscated items to replace their clapped out C7's. There might even be some good designated marksman rifles to be had, plus a ton of spare parts.

There might even be some good designated marksman rifles to be had, plus a ton of spare parts.
I’d just buy a SAKO S20 Precision in 7.62 from Cabela’s for a DMR, since those are still allowed.

Back