I got the same message, but no reduction in the compensation value. It's not clear exactly what the "mismatch" was....

I got the same message, but no reduction in the compensation value. It's not clear exactly what the "mismatch" was....
Confusion reigns supreme. The amnesty has already been extended to a date 90 days after the SCC releases it's decision. And that information is on the Public Safety Canada webpage. However, according to the RCMP website, the amnesty is still set to expire in 29 days.Ontario is intervening as well and a request to extend the amnesty till the Supreme court hears the case
RCMP officers in Ontario?It looks like people disarming themselves made a bunch of mistakes with the models of fitearms they turned in. The gun collectors would verify the gun, correct the model type, and in most cases still push through the gun return at the estimated price.
Most firearms didn't have different prices based on different models unless the difference was significant.
Seen a picture of a local turn in site. 5 RCMP officers chilling out in lawn chairs while a couple civilian workers dealt with carrying the guns away. Probably a nice little paid duty for the RCMP.
Yeah in Renfrew.RCMP officers in Ontario?
Huh. Must be feds.Yeah in Renfrew.
I noticed when I looked before at the list there was sometimes multiple prices listed for essentially the same model, often with one much higher than the other. I suspect that is part of the confusion (or the bait and switch).It looks like people disarming themselves made a bunch of mistakes with the models of fitearms they turned in. The gun collectors would verify the gun, correct the model type, and in most cases still push through the gun return at the estimated price.
Most firearms didn't have different prices based on different models unless the difference was significant.
Seen a picture of a local turn in site. 5 RCMP officers chilling out in lawn chairs while a couple civilian workers dealt with carrying the guns away. Probably a nice little paid duty for the RCMP.
It wasn't the clearest, but it wasn't super complex to navigate either. You had to actually read the descriptions though, and ensure you chose the correct one. It was all based on the FRT number for the rifle, so for something like the XCR-L there were a lot of potential options based on the various versions imported over the years.I noticed when I looked before at the list there was sometimes multiple prices listed for essentially the same model, often with one much higher than the other. I suspect that is part of the confusion (or the bait and switch).
The other thing is lots of firearms aren't so easy to just match to a spread sheet. AR-15s are a excellent example of that. Mine is a Colt Canada/diamaco receiver but it was built from parts on that. Where does that fall? Do I get the C7A2 price or something else?
Being the O.P.P. have said "no", the RCMP would be the next logical choice in Renfrew.Yeah in Renfrew.