• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Khadr Thread

That article is along your view point for sure.
However what I don't understand with his view is he keeps repeating the poor kid is 15 years old and don't deserve the punishment.

Yet as he is held by Americans and committed the act/acts on American troops,should he not be treated as any other 15 year old American?

Here's an example of a 14 yr old who killed his teacher.What did that land him?28 years adult prison.

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/LAW/07/27/brazill.sentencing/

So Khadr commits terrorism,kill's soldier and works at targeting coalition troops....and guys like this and yourself SGF want to bring them home?

We have young guys joining the Reserves at 16...so does this mean their not responsible for their actions?

It hasnt been proven that he has killed anyone yet. I havent said that he should return to Canada so dont attempt to put words in my mouth. I am not sure what exactly should happen to him but I am waiting until after the trial and see what is that outcome. I am just putting forth another idea to the case, thats all.

sgf said:
It hasnt been proven that he has killed anyone yet.
Agreed.  He was, however, there, in a combat zone, with persons fighting against our allies.  IMHO, if/when he returns to Canada, he should face treason charges.

Is it only me, or is anyone else upset that the media have down played this over the past year or two.  It wasn't just a soldier that was killed; it was a Medic going to the aid of another wounded soldier.  To me that carries a lot more weight than "a soldier".

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
Agreed.  He was, however, there, in a combat zone, with persons fighting against our allies.  IMHO, if/when he returns to Canada, he should face treason charges.
I agree whole heartedly.  You don't go join the other side in a war against your home nation & its allies, and if you do then expect the consequences.

George Wallace said:
It wasn't just a soldier that was killed; it was a Medic going to the aid of another wounded soldier.  To me that carries a lot more weight than "a soldier".
Was he wearing the red cross?  It makes a difference legally if the medic was visibly identifiable in his role or not.

MCG said:
I agree whole heartedly.  You don't go join the other side in a war against your home nation & its allies, and if you do then expect the consequences.
Was he wearing the red cross?  It makes a difference legally if the medic was visibly identifiable in his role or not.

1. What if he is a dual national?  What is the situation then if both your nations are fighting each other and you pick one? This ain't just about Khadr now, how many millions of Canadian 'duals' would fight for old country against Canada like the "Kamloops Kid" did in WW2? The answer may be disturbing.

2.  If you throw a grenade at the rough direction of the enemy and one of the enemy hit was a medic, was that a crime?  Nope.  You are not targetting a medic, you are targetting the enemy.  The medic happens to be one of them.  Do I NOT call arty on a group of 100 enemy in the woods because I figure in one hundred enemy there is probably at least one medic? My answer follows:

"G21 this is 42A, Fire Mission, over."

TCBF said:
1. What if he is a dual national?  What is the situation then if both your nations are fighting each other and you pick one? This ain't just about Khadr now, how many millions of Canadian 'duals' would fight for old country against Canada like the "Kamloops Kid" did in WW2? The answer may be disturbing.

In the Kadr case, as far as I know, he wasn't fighting for a country, but for the insurgents. But I'm no SME ...

TCBF said:

Thats why we should have something like this

Solemnly, freely, and without mental reservation, I hereby renounce under oath all allegiance to any foreign state. My fidelity and allegiance from this day forward is to the United States of America. I pledge to support, honor, and be loyal to the United States, its Constitution, and its laws. Where and if lawfully required, I further commit myself to defend the Constitution and laws of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, either by military, noncombatant, or civilian service. This I do solemnly swear, so help me God.

It may help get rid of those that use there Canadian Citizenship as a insurance policy.

I've just returned from the funeral for Sgt. Jason Boyes in Shilo. By all accounts, from his peers and superiors, he was a fine soldier, husband, father and son. May he rest in peace.
When I read on this forum that certain individuals who use this means as a platform for their anti military, anti war "peace at all costs" views, it makes me very angry, and sad that fellow Canadians do not, or refuse to understand the mindset of the enemy we MUST fight.
Then, I remember we are fighting for our freedom of expression, religion, association and all the other freedoms we take for granted. I may not agree with your point of view, but I'll vigourously defend that right to freedom of expression. Do not expect me to be kind or understanding when I disagree. I think most soldiers will agree with me
As for Omar Khadr? The due process of law must prevail.

All I know it makes me sick to know a poor Canadian family has these people for neighbours.

Why do an Al Qaida family DESERVE to live in our country?Isn't that like have lice,getting rid of them and saving one to place on your head....because you only want to get rid of the ones that bit you?Well guess what Canada that louse will bite.Guaranteed.

I am a huge fan of human rights,I'm also a huge fan of looking at terrorist scum through barbed wire and cement.
Maybe it's time to turn up heat on these people INCLUDING their family's.Maybe we have to start taking mommy Khadr into a dark room and finding out what she knows.Let's face,my wife can tell the difference between a T-54 and a T-62,she knows the gist of what is going on at my work place.So does Mrs Khadr within the terrorist ring.

Ship her off as well.

I vehemently disagree with sending the entire family off.  Remember that blood is thicker than water, and yes, they may have said things or whatever, but the sins of the father do not pass on to the entire family. 
Your wife may be able to tell the difference between a T-54 and a T-62, but mine doesn't.  And she's been an army wife for going on 12 years now.  Heck, she doesn't even know the rank structure, and she doesn't really care.  Nor should she.
Unless Mrs. Khadr does something illegal, let her be.  Live and let live.
As Old Soldeuer said:
The due process of law must prevail.

I vehemently disagree with sending the entire family off.  Remember that blood is thicker than water, and yes, they may have said things or whatever, but the sins of the father do not pass on to the entire family. 
Your wife may be able to tell the difference between a T-54 and a T-62, but mine doesn't.  And she's been an army wife for going on 12 years now.  Heck, she doesn't even know the rank structure, and she doesn't really care.  Nor should she.
As Old Soldeuer said:

I do see your point of view.
However ;D
If your wife was living with you in the field,on ex Royal Fist(ing) with you...I'm sure she would have an excellent understanding of what was going on,who was in charge,future op's etc.
Let's face it if every day you came back to camp sat around a fire and chatted about killing infidels with the family,what the main goals were,who wanted to get what done....
Not to mention the wife rumour mill's,sitting around base camp all day washing clothes tending to the children I'm sure they were talking about stuff that they had heard their wonderful spouses talk about.

In a family where every child,and her husband was/is a terrorist,add in no television,and a sand hut it slowly goes back to old days in North America.What else do you have to talk about?Britney spears drug addiction or breakdown has proably not reached them yet.

It's kinda hard to leave work at work when your house is a IED factory in a terrorist camp.

Is having knowledge of the crime before it happens akin to conspiracy to those who are going to commit it?

She would have extensive knowledge of her husbands activities.  Now of course with no proof she's
technically able to live happily anywhere she pleases. 

As Old Soldeuer said:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/khadr/timeline.html

Their entire family is all sorts of fucked up.

What makes me angry, is that after one of them killing a Canadian soldier with in a suicide bombing, they bring another little shit rat for treatment after a "firefight". I wonder who it was "firefighting" against. wink wink nudge nudge

sober_ruski said:
What makes me angry, is that after one of them killing a Canadian soldier with in a suicide bombing, they bring another little crap rat for treatment after a "firefight". I wonder who it was "firefighting" against. wink wink nudge nudge
Huh?

Which Khadr killed a Canadian soldier?
I must have been away & asleep when this happened - when did it happen?

geo said:
Huh?

Which Khadr killed a Canadian soldier?
I must have been away & asleep when this happened - when did it happen?

It was llater debunked.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2004/02/04/taliban040204.html

dileas

tess

TCBF said:
1. What if he is a dual national?  What is the situation then if both your nations are fighting each other and you pick one? 
That'd be fine should you renounce your citizenship to the other country.  If you don't want to give up either citizenship, then you'd better find a way to sit out the fighting. 

TCBF said:
2.  If you throw a grenade at the rough direction of the enemy and one of the enemy hit was a medic, was that a crime?  Nope. 
This is basically my point.  A lot of people are hanging thier position on an emotional argument that a medic was killed.  That really does not matter unless you get down to the point of showing that he knew the target was a medic & that the medic was specifically the target.  I'd tend to suspect that the medic was not even marked as such & so would impact on the legal dynamic of the situation. 

MCG said:
This is basically my point.  A lot of people are hanging thier position on an emotional argument that a medic was killed.  That really does not matter unless you get down to the point of showing that he knew the target was a medic & that the medic was specifically the target.  I'd tend to suspect that the medic was not even marked as such & so would impact on the legal dynamic of the situation. 

I don't think too many people are.
The fact is a US soldier was killed by an action of insurgents in this building.Was it Omar?Hard to say really.Either way with the video stills of the alleged Omar making IED's out of anti tank mines,his ranting with the koran in hand with his AK behind him and then being in a building where this all occurred....I'm saying guilty.

Maybe the reason some people are using the medic angle is to make it look like he killed a defenseless person,who was only there to help people.
Either way he was involved in the killing of these two fine men.

Hey X-Mo,

Cheers, I had not even heard about the videos and such, so I went looking;

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?id=3518748n

dileas

tess

N/P
Glad to get the information out there,not many people have heard of it.I'm slightly obsessed about this trial.

Here's another awesome video of SFC Layne Morris, who was there during the firefight.
Please give this video a look,and please wait till the CBC "the setup" is done.It has a interview with SFC Morris who was there during and after the firefight.

And then people say he isn't guilty?Give this a go.

http://www.cbc.ca/mrl3/30569/thehour/videos/20051109-Khadr_soldier.wmv

Back