• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Long Wait may soon Be Over

marinemech

Inactive
Reaction score
Well on Tuesday i Finally go in for the last parts of my CF application the Interview and Medical Review, its only been 15 Months of Waiting, playing Phone and email Tag, Waiting some more, Having my file travel alot between, Ottawa, Northbay, sAint john and Halifax. well wish me luck on Tuesday, its gonna make for a long day easily 4-5 hours at the Recruiting Center, then to work for another 5-9 Hours of Wrenching on Cars

marinemech said:
Well on Tuesday i Finally go in for the last parts of my CF application the Interview and Medical Review, its only been 15 Months of Waiting, playing Phone and email Tag, Waiting some more, Having my file travel alot between, Ottawa, Northbay, sAint john and Halifax. well wish me luck on Tuesday, its gonna make for a long day easily 4-5 hours at the Recruiting Center, then to work for another 5-9 Hours of Wrenching on Cars

Good luck bud, one step closer to your dream is one less step you have to take.

i have already laid out, ironed my dress shirt, ill steal a pair of my work pants as they look a bit more professional.

BlueShield said:
why such a huge gap between the CFAT and interview dates?  ???

Its normal for such a gap.  CFAT is the indicator for which trades you may or may not be eligible. The Interview is normally when they clarify your 3 choices, and in my case was informed I was merit listed for ATIS. I know some people that had their interview within 4 months of the CFAT, myself, it was a year.

well... it seems CF doesn't need people, at least not that in demand````
waiting for a year is so long``` and it's just the begining of waiting  :facepalm:

BlueShield said:
well... it seems CF doesn't need people, at least not that in demand````
waiting for a year is so long``` and it's just the begining of waiting  :facepalm:

Being in the CAF is an honor, an honor a lot of people don't get a chance to have. Just be happy you qualify.

Yes, it is a great honour. But what's the purpose of long waiting if you are already qualified...

budjet is one of the reason , timing is a second one , there is also number of applicants in a certain trade , etc. etc. etc. etc.

You don't become a soldier because you feel like it.  It took me a year and a half to get in a reserve unit ..... usually regular force would be something around a year , sometimes faster , sometimes slower !

unlike some ASIA countries, joining the army is a mandatory, lol... no waiting time there... :nod:

BlueShield said:
unlike some ASIA countries, joining the army is a mandatory, lol... no waiting time there... :nod:

Unlike some ASIAN countries we speak english, so please watch your grammer.  ;)

Oh please Mr.Peevologist... get the facts straight  :mad:.
People in "Asian" countries do speak English. Out of the 1.2 billion folks in India, more than 10% speak English, about %50 in Pakistan, %80 percent in Singapore and %75 in the Philippines. There are people starving for books and education out there. If they got the chance to learn, they would speak the English language.

Regardless if people in Asian countries speak English, or not. It is not relevant in this thread. The OP didn't make this thread so you guys can argue, he/she made it to inform us how his/her application is going. So now let's not derail this thread even further.  :)

nn1988 said:
Oh please Mr.Peevologist... get the facts straight  :mad:.
People in "Asian" countries do speak English. Out of the 1.2 billion folks in India, more than 10% speak English, about %50 in Pakistan, %80 percent in Singapore and %75 in the Philippines. There are people starving for books and education out there. If they got the chance to learn, they would speak the English language.

I meant as an official language, but you are correct aswell... I apologize. And thanks tape for giving me a taste of my own medicine. :blotto:

I write my trait self descriptive test next month. When I went in on the first the recruiter told me they just got a bunch of numbers for infantry, and that I'm in a good spot. North bay held my file for like a year before even getting to the office in Toronto. I'm hoping to be in St Jean by the new year. Good luck to you all trying to get in. Waiting  sucks, but I know it will all be worth it when I fire that C7 for the first time.  :threat: :salute:

Infantryman2b said:
I write my trait self descriptive test next month. When I went in on the first the recruiter told me they just got a bunch of numbers for infantry, and that I'm in a good spot. North bay held my file for like a year before even getting to the office in Toronto. I'm hoping to be in St Jean by the new year. Good luck to you all trying to get in. Waiting  sucks, but I know it will all be worth it when I fire that C7 for the first time.  :threat: :salute:

Despite our difference of opinion regarding certain issues, I sincerely wish you good luck.  :cdn: :salute:

and there will still be a long wait may not year back from Borden for another 2-3 weeks to see if i make the medical cut, if i make the cut and get an offer that's another 30 days, earliest BMQ would not be till January 6 (using the way back machine to pull BMQ dates from 2013),  and i still need to figure out what i am going to do with all my tools i have for my current job some of which i may sell as they will likely be useless as they are specialized to my current job.

Back