• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Merged Thread on Gay/ Homosexual Topics and the CF.

Tank Troll said:
From seeing Rio's carnival live and then seeing the picture that OZ posted and from other coverage I've seen of the pride parades they look like they are pretty much the same just different names.  :dunno:

I'm doing a lot of thinking on my stance (and post)
Maybe the latter (pride) just confuses me because I don't understand what that has to do with being gay. It seems overly sexual to me, I don't see the art of the former I guess?

Here's part of my stance WRT the Gay Pride grap above:

If I walked around with my gear swinging around, I'd be arrested (as I should be).

WHY does it happening as part of a "gay pride parade" make it ok??

THAT is the shit that makes me madder than fuck and why I do NOT support that sick, perverted part of their 'community'.

Don't want to be treated different?  DON'T ACT DIFFERENT.  Fucktards.

UnwiseCritic said:
Good post sums it up Succinctly

Fixed that for you, you should really spell obscure words correctly so us unwashed heathens can google it easier to find its meaning  ::)

plus it makes your attempt to look smart.............not so much  ;)

ObedientiaZelum said:
A group (not specific to the gay community, I mean any group) wants to be treated the same as everyone else (who wouldn't), they want to be equal and get the job done. Treat them like soldiers first. But then we they bring specific attention to how they are different. Woman's week, aboriginals week, whatever else there is.  It's like trying to be the grey man but then volunteering for everything and making sure everyone knows your volunteering, kinda sorta. Isn't it?

TFTFY

Eye In The Sky said:
Here's part of my stance WRT the Gay Pride grap above:

If I walked around with my gear swinging around, I'd be arrested (as I should be).

WHY does it happening as part of a "gay pride parade" make it ok??

THAT is the shit that makes me madder than fuck and why I do NOT support that sick, perverted part of their 'community'.

Don't want to be treated different?  DON'T ACT DIFFERENT.  Fucktards.

Agreed. The laws should be followed regardless of the surroundings/circumstances. Just like drunks during St Patties day or the naked Caribanners

It is nothing more garish than you would find googling Rio's Carnival.  I would not go to say that it makes it difficult to take BraIlians seriously.  If you do not like what you see, don't google it.

Brazilians aren't clamoring for acceptance into mainstream society

You're so vested in making your point, you're not seeing anyone else's.

"You catch more flies with honey, than vinegar" is my point. When you're trying to make the point that "you're the same as everyone else", the Pride parades don't work on me, personally.

Wow.  It's funny how this thread has derailed somewhat.  The MWO in question requested he be allowed to raise the pride flag on one day during pride week.  Now we are comparing that to the Toronto gay pride parade?

I'm no fan of how sexualised the Toronto parade thing is.  it's a bit of an embarrassment I find in this day and age but whatever. 

What the MWO requested and what the CF approved are in no way comparable.  I heard his interview on the radio and he had nothing but good things to say about the CF, and it's tolerance for diversity.  The CF got some well needed PR out of it with Joe Public, we likely will have attracted some good talent through this as well.

I'm not sure why this has to be criticized.

Newsflash:  Everyone won with this.

Crantor said:
I'm no fan of how sexualised the Toronto parade thing is.  it's a bit of an embarrassment I find in this day and age but whatever. 

Not that there's anything wrong with the Pride Parade, but I don't miss working it.

Edit to add.

As in, "Not that there's anything wrong with that."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj3VphK9AMk

Eye In The Sky said:
Yes there is something wrong with it.  Guys walking around in public in the buck.  ::)

And if it was girls walking around in public in the buck?

Jacky Tar said:
And if it was girls walking around in public in the buck?

That is on a different day.  :)
http://www.pridetoronto.com/festival/parade--marches

My wife and I know ppl, have friends, etc who are gay and lesbian.  Some of them were at our wedding.  Others we've spent time with sitting around a campfire at the cabin at night having a whole bunch of laughs.  Stuff like that; normal stuff.  They come to our place, we've been to theirs.  I just wanted it known that I have no issues there, to me they are friends, humans with the same right to enjoy their life as they chose.  I will also say, years ago I did NOT have this opinion but thankfully I have outgrown some of the ideas that were common where I grew up.

However, at none of these things did any of them say "hey, you know, because I am gay, I am going to strut around in the raw to celebrate!".  Why?  It is not normal human behaviour, atleast not in the Canada I've lived in. 

Now, one couple we are good friends with are a female couple.  I can imagine how they'd react if the next time they were at our place , or me at theirs, if I suddenly started slow marching in my Birth-Issued Mess Kit, because despite the fact that they are females and a couple, they'd find it offensive and weird.  I am sure they would, and rightfully so.  I also wonder what they'd think if I showed up at their house someday made up like a weird looking, human Care Bear. 

Same-sex sexual orientation is not offensive to me.  If I was walking to my car at the mall and a straight couple were going at it on the hood of a car, yup I'd be offended by that too.  Some people might not.  I have my own values and beliefs and they are pretty normal and commmon in our society AFAIK.  Example, you have clothes on when you are walking the streets.

You can't act differently then DEMAND to be accepted, and treated "like everyone else".  If there was a Straight Pride Parade and there was dudes in it doing the Full Monty, I'd be equally as offended.

Crantor said:
Wow.  It's funny how this thread has derailed somewhat.  The MWO in question requested he be allowed to raise the pride flag on one day during pride week.  Now we are comparing that to the Toronto gay pride parade?

What the MWO requested and what the CF approved are in no way comparable.  I heard his interview on the radio and he had nothing but good things to say about the CF, and it's tolerance for diversity.  The CF got some well needed PR out of it with Joe Public, we likely will have attracted some good talent through this as well.

I'm not sure why this has to be criticized.

I've gone thru the thread again and I don't see any relation to the event on CFB Edmonton being linked to the obscene aspects of the Pride Parades, etc.  I don't think anyone is comparing the two events.  If there was any impression on my part that I was suggesting it, please let me clarify by saying I see no relation or link between the CFB Edmonton flag raising or the folks involved, and the follow on stuff from the Pride events.

WRT my belief that some of the acts and displays in the Toronto Pride pics, etc are perverted and disgusting and shouldn't be tolerated;  I would say the same thing if I was at the beach and 50 people went walking by in the raw, straight couples, gay couples, lesbian couples, circus clowns, whatever. 

It is not their sexual orientationt that is the issue.  It is the way they act.  Simple.  When it comes to being a pervert, sicko, weirdo, etc I don't care what part of Canadian society you come from and its not because you are a rubber boot wearing smelt fishermen who speaks 9 languages I look at you with that "WTF" look.  Its because you are only wearing rubber boots in public and I don't want to see your EIS.

WRT to the orginal part of this thread,  I see no harm at all with the Rainbow Flag being flown at CFB Edmonton, or any base.  The benefit to the CF and our society, as a whole, might not be tangible to me as an individual, but it might be to others, and if so good.  Job well done.

Journeyman said:
Hardly new; their flag has been flying over one of the gates at CFB Kingston for years now.

What?  That's the RCEME flag?!  ???  They're the same, aren't they?

:-[  Never mind.

;D  <--- It's a joke

BAZINGAH

Agreed that all won in this matter.
Nothing wrong with this.

It is understandable to the common Canadian that is hardly associated with the CF that the LBGT community is not welcomed or accepted. Many civilians may see or be stuck in the US Military mentality of  the "Dont ask dont tell policy" due to movies and American news networks. This throws it out there for the Canadian Public that we dont have that stance on the matter. 

Does anyone know of how the American Military handles it now? Do they still have the "Dont ask Dont tell policy?"

I know that that sounds horrible how I put that, but it isnt intended that way.

And Kudos to the MWO that started this.

Back