• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Mountain and Ironman Merged Thread

Off to the start line in 40 min, GO 2VP, Ill post some pics when I get back to Shilo.

P.S. I'm not participating, I'm taking pictures.... ;)

My BF was up at 4am to go run mountain man. I'm glad it's him and not me hehe >:D GO 1VP. :D

Does anyone know the Top Runner, Top Master and Major Unit standings from this year?

Hey, I was just reading in the east coast Navy newsletter that we have a couple of sailors competing this year.  Good luck to everyone!
      On a side note......Does the military pay for transportation to and from the mountain man competition, if they aren't from the area?

Individual home units will pay travel and TD for participants.

Top Masters
2 PPCLI

Top Overall Team (Major Unit)
2 PPCLI

Ainsworth Dyer Trophy
2 PPCLI

GO LEGS!   ;D

Edit: Pics to follow... When our webmaster has time they will be posted here>>   http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/2ppcli/image_e.htm

I have a Crap load of photo's, not just of the 2 VP guys, when I get time Ill post them to my photobucket account in case you know someone who was in the race or were actually in it...there might be a photo there.   ;D
Actually, that might not be such a good idea...maybe ill try to get intouch with the individuals in question personally.

Armymedic said:
how about individual times and results?
Ill be receiving an email (hopefully tomorrow) with all the info, will post it when I do, unless someone else has it already?

Some pictures are up, you can access them here http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/2ppcli/contents_e.htm click on the picture and scroll down half way for more.

MM 05 Info:

Top Masters

382 2 PPCLI MCPL VERZYL AL 43 M 5:04
315 LDSH(RC) PO1 PATERSON DON 47 M 5:10
076 3 PPCLI CWO WHITE CHRIS 45 M 5:35

Major Unit Winner

1. 2 PPCLI with an average time of 5 hours 25mins.
2. 3 PPCLI with an average time of 5 hours 28mins.
3. LdSH(RC) with an average time of 5 hours 45mins.

Minor Unit Winner

1. 1 MP PL with an average time of 6 hours 22 mins.
2. 1 CMBG HQ & Sigs with an average time of 6 hours 23 mins.
3. 1 FD AMB with an average time of 6 hours 56 mins.

Visiting Unit Winner

1. BATUS with an average time of 6 hours 1 min.
2. 8 FER with an average time of 6 hours 11 mins.
3. WATC with an average time of 6 hours 21 mins.

Ainsworth Dyer Award Winner

Competitor                                               MM04 Time           MM05 Time         Improvement
137 Cpl Cochrane 2PPCLI    7:54 6:04 1:50

Yeah yeah, 2VP did something right for a change. I guess with being posted to Shilo, you have lots of time to train as there is nothing else to do...

Anyhoo, we'll get that trophy back next year. I guess we just got complacent having it for what is it now 6 years running?

GO!!! said:
Yeah yeah, 2VP did something right for a change. I guess with being posted to Shilo, you have lots of time to train as there is nothing else to do...

Anyhoo, we'll get that trophy back next year. I guess we just got complacent having it for what is it now 6 years running?

Ouch!  Be nice my Ric-a-dam-doo maroon brother.  ;)  And we took gold in 2002 as well, even with several winning members having come off Op Apollo, so that's no excuse.  :)

<sigh>

Yeah, well, good luck next year, I'll be trying to get my time under six hrs, for a shot at the title in 2012 or so! It's a good thing we have a strong team to make me feel better!

And keep your chin up! Write enough memos and you too can come to the third  ;)!!

It seems the field for Mountain man has really gotten faster....When I ran in 2001, I was in 40th at the sandbags.  This year with roughly the same time, I was in 170th.  There were more people this year by about 50 but still it semed like a fast field.

Good Job to 2VP....

Some very nice pictures... ;)

Congrats to all that entered and  :-* to the winners!

Flatery will get you no were GO!!!
As for the winner of the Ainsworth Dyer Award, he wasn't training all the time as he was on tasking with me at WATC and he ended up missing quite a lot of days.

We were on our SQ field ex. when WATC was out training.. Every time we'd challenge one of you guys at night if you happened to pass through we'd get WATC!!! yelled at us..good times..

???

Good times indeed.  Anyway, can anyone tell me the name of the overall winner?  It would be most appreciated.

PPCLI MCpl said:
???

Good times indeed.   Anyway, can anyone tell me the name of the overall winner?   It would be most appreciated.
Must I do everything?... ::), j/k, I actually forgot to put his name up, Ill do it tomorrow, unless someone has it now?

Cpl Weigelt from 3 PPCLI in a time of 4:41 beating the old record of 4:53 by 12 minutes.

When is it?

I'm on leave at the moment and having trouble getting in touch with the boys back in Pet, but I'm planning on making the trip back to see a buddy compete.

Thanks

Back