• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Periodic Table of Commodity Returns (2022 Edition)

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great news for Canada....

The Periodic Table of Commodity Returns (2022 Edition)​

For investors, 2021 was a year in which nearly every asset class finished in the green, with commodities providing some of the best returns.

The S&P Goldman Sachs Commodity Index (GSCI) was the third best-performing asset class in 2021, returning 37.1% and beating out real estate and all major equity indices.

This graphic from U.S. Global Investors tracks individual commodity returns over the past decade, ranking them based on their individual performance each year.

Commodity Prices Surge in 2021​

After a strong performance from commodities (metals especially) in the year prior, 2021 was all about energy commodities.

The top three performers for 2021 were energy fuels, with coal providing the single best annual return of any commodity over the past 10 years at 160.6%. According to U.S. Global Investors, coal was also the least volatile commodity of 2021, meaning investors had a smooth ride as the fossil fuel surged in price.

The Periodic Table of Commodity Returns (2012-2021)

The top three performers for 2021 were energy fuels, with coal providing the single best annual return of any commodity over the past 10 years at 160.6%.

…I guess that’s why purportedly ‘environmentally-friendly’ BC looks the other way when it comes to ripping the Rockies apart to mine and export CO2-producing coal to Asia…

If by ‘economic lifeblood’ you mean ‘just hasn’t hit the environmentally destructive and hypocritically anti-green’ tipping-point yet, then…yes.
View attachment 68059

Dude, we 'carbon credit' like pros ;)

My best performing investment this year next to the Banks was actually Nutrien.

It's almost as if, as long as there is agriculture, people are going to need Potash for Fertilizer 😁

Dude, we 'carbon credit' like pros ;)

I’ll give you awesome, permanent, amazing additionality supportive offsets….

1641955037656.gif

Back