• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Poppy Selling Superthread- Merged

• Thread starter MAJOR_Baker
  • Start date
stealthylizard said:
I'd like to see a link to this story.

Well, it's exactly that there IS no story in the papers that caused this thread ...

Read the original post, he's posting because a member of the Legion asked him to get the news out there on his behalf.

Perhaps some paper WILL make it a story? Either way - it's neither here nor there for me ... my business is gone - it's about the only way that I can show to our Vets and the Legion ... and my displeasure with McDODOs.

Just as a note on this, I was at the Gateway McDonald's here in Oromocto today and I saw a tray of poppies there. I'm not sure if that McDonald's is breaking company policy but it was there.

MAMS_933 said:
That's pretty low on their part. Good job Rotten Ronnie's.  ::)
ArmyVern said:
Avoid this name for McDODOs ... I resemble it, but no longer want any association!!

Veronica

>:D

Don't want to confuse the two, Vern (Ronnie) is far from being rotten  ;D
bolt.gif

Big Foot said:
Just as a note on this, I was at the Gateway McDonald's here in Oromocto today and I saw a tray of poppies there. I'm not sure if that McDonald's is breaking company policy but it was there.

Big Army base located next door IS their business ...

Would you break company policy?  ;)

The few McDonalds I've been to in Brandon always had a poppy tray unattended. Never seen a place without

Maybe some here and there have them.  The real issue though is the McDonalds headshed making this a policy.

By all means, any smart local manager will say "uh ya how about NO".  Thats the peas; the steak is the overall official policy put down by their Snr Management.

By officially making it not ok for their chains of stores, they have no responsibility if some punks steak the money can or whatever, or whatever their reasoning was.

Personally, I'd like to see this story on the CBC national news.

ArmyVern said:
Big Army base located next door IS their business ...

Would you break company policy?  ;)
Good point, lol. I certainly would break company policy. And a thoroughly disgusting company policy it is.

Eye In The Sky said:
Personally, I'd like to see this story on the CBC national news.

I'll second that. This definitely needs to get some coverage.

Well not that I frequent McDODO's because I like my insides too much to do that to them...however, I have on occasion eaten there mostly egg McMuffin's and OJ...never the less...both of my grandfathers were WWII vets and members of the legion...

I swear on their graves and in their remembrance that I will never don another McDODO's door as long as I live and will spread the word by mouth...which is one of the most effective means to get things disseminated...well for us girls anyway  ;)

Shame on them I say!!!

HL

Interesting... I wonder what the motivation is from McDonalds corporate to do this?
[/quote]

Probably don't want to be responsible for the boxes being on thier counters "unattended" allowing for potential thefts and other such public mischief. That being said it's a bloody sad day that a company such as McDonald's is stooping to something as profound to Canada and it's citizens as this. The blow back will be pretty ugly if in fact they have deemed this as "policy" and the store manangers actually follow through on it.

My 2 cents worth would require some type of official responce from MC D's head office in the way of a press release of some sort to refute the claim atleast. Still shame on them and thier "policy"  :rage:

Cheers

That is why I wanted to see some sort of proof that McD's HQ has done this.  I have been to 7 or 8 of them the past week from Calgary up through to Hinton, and all of them had poppies.

There won't be any blowback at all.  The two-sizes-too-small-spandex-brigade will still line up at the trough to get their 2 Big Macs, extra large fries, and quart of diet Coke to wash it down with.  People give more of a crap these days about shoving chicken mcnuggets into their kids yaps in order to avoid cooking actual food,than they do about something they're forced to endure once a year, just like tax season.  To quote the Venerable Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz; "Bloody apathetic planet."

I had a Bacon and Egger for breakfast and bought my poppy from McDonalds this morning before work. :) Those bastards messed up my order and gave me 1 and a McGriddle instead though.

Is this maybe a secluded incident?  If I may ask what Branch of McDonalds refused to leave the tray?

Kat Stevens said:
There won't be any blowback at all.  The two-sizes-too-small-spandex-brigade will still line up at the trough to get their 2 Big Macs, extra large fries, and quart of diet Coke to wash it down with.  People give more of a crap these days about shoving chicken mcnuggets into their kids yaps in order to avoid cooking actual food,than they do about something they're forced to endure once a year, just like tax season.  To quote the Venerable Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz; "Bloody apathetic planet."

Don't hold back now Kat, tell us how you feel.  ;D

ps The Micky D's here in Comox has a tray out. (they did last week anyway)

Kat Stevens said:
There won't be any blowback at all.  The two-sizes-too-small-spandex-brigade will still line up at the trough to get their 2 Big Macs, extra large fries, and quart of diet Coke to wash it down with.  People give more of a crap these days about shoving chicken mcnuggets into their kids yaps in order to avoid cooking actual food,than they do about something they're forced to endure once a year, just like tax season.  To quote the Venerable Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz; "Bloody apathetic planet."
+10 Kat

...and you don't have to look to far to see them either...they have the right to be obese because someone made sure they do!!!

HL

Both Mcdonalds I've been to this week had trays........Mike, methinks you should double check this before anyone says a little too much.

Back