You're somebody who has never served. Let alone in the RCAF and you said the air force comes across as most whiny. And you expect people not to take offence at a comment based entirely on ignorance?
You have the exact same blinders as most civvies despite your time here. And hell half of the CA and RCN have it too. Think the RCAF is only about flying fighters.
Yes I’ve never served, 100% correct. Does that mean that I’m not able to have an opinion on this?
Sorry but I do and I will continue to express it.
Reflecting on my use of the word ‘whiny’, I can now see that this word might have been a bit strong- apologies for using it.
Maybe I should have said something like, ‘currently there seems to be an undercurrent within the RCAF that is not aligned with the current thinking/direction of this government,’ fair statement given the amount of ‘anonymous’ tips coming from the RCAF expressing their views on what possible new equipment might be purchased for their use?
I fully am aware that the RCAF has recently expanded its fleet of airframes that it flys. This will expand further with the new Italian trainers and the Swedish Globaleye.
The spotlight has been focused on the F35 for a better part of a decade now with still no end in sight. It would be nice if it could be settled once and for all before the leaves drop but it doesn’t look as though that will happen.
The RCAF fighters are not unlike the CA’s Leopards, both represent the pointy end of the stick, the part that potentially does the most damage and goes in first. It should be no surprise that it receives the most attention.
Lastly, with respect and gratitude, thank you and all on here, for your service, your dedication and your sacrifice. For me it does not go unnoticed. Peace.