• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Re-emergence of Germany

Mein Deutche is rapidly fading, all I can discern is something about Switzerland and Chocolate Schapps....

Der vermutete Niedergang von Deutschland ist ein irreführender Trick, Die Schweiz in einen falschen Sinn der Sicherheit zu beruhigen, damit wir alle von ihrer Schokolade schnappen können.  

Schokolade für jeder! Yum Yum....hmmmm...Müssen wir Schokolade nach Frankreich auch geben?  Ich wurde eher nicht. ;)

Well, the Swiss may well be lulled into a false sense of security but it is, really, France's ambition to control Europe through a Franco-German axis which is at risk.   So sad.

whiskey601 said:
Der vermutete Niedergang von Deutschland ist ein irreführender Trick, Die Schweiz in einen falschen Sinn der Sicherheit zu beruhigen, damit wir alle von ihrer Schokolade schnappen können.   >:D

My German is a tad rusty too, so I had to use a little help:

"The assumed fall of Germany is a misleading trick to calm Switzerland down into a wrong sense of security so that we all of its chocolate can snatch."

Danjanou said:

"The assumed fall of Germany is a misleading trick to calm Switzerland down into a wrong sense of security so that we all of its chocolate can snatch."

Yeah .. well    ... who is to say that's not what I meant? ::)  Are you trying to tell me you have never heard of operation "chocolate can snatch"? Rookie.

Showoff. :mad:

Whiskey601, Sie haben Ihren geheimen Decoderring gefunden! Fell!
translation: They found your secret decoder ring! Hide!   :warstory:

But really, with regards to the article in question. The European Union is a very tight economic bond, and I often wonder how much that has influenced (or will begin to influence) the foreign policies of a member state. How far out of the general EU foreign policies can a member state stray before they will feel economic implications?

I don't think the other nations in a union of this sort would be able to enact any sort of substantial repercussions. This is because they are so inter-dependent that what hurts one, most likely hurts them all. Of course, if the EU were to be enlarged then there would be the prospect of an economic monopoly and varied resources that could entail individual expulsion.

Back