• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Rugby Thread- Merged Over The Years

It sucked.  The Lions lost, and the Bocks resorted to their tried and true goon tactics. Boethe, I'm talking about you, ya half trained orangutan.

Anyone coming to see this match ?

http://www.facebook.com/events/106134952845292/

I know a few people from CFJSR will be there.

I play with the Napanee Outlaws look for our beer tent if your coming!

Hopefully! Im going to try and see if anyone from the RCD rugby team wants to go too. It will be my first time watching a professional rugby team.

Thats great!

Hey I didn't know the RCDs had a rugby team.  I new of the UOV Lumberjacks but no 2 CMBG unit sides.

HULK_011 said:
Hopefully! Im going to try and see if anyone from the RCD rugby team wants to go too. It will be my first time watching a professional rugby team.

Sadly, the Canadian team isn't completely professional  (in terms of all players playing for pro club teams, I think they are A carded though) . Planing on Watching Canada v Georgia at Swangard June 23.

Last year 2CMBG had teams from 1 RCR, 3 RCR, 2 RCHA and the RCD's. Should be the same again this year.

AJFitzpatrick said:
Planing on Watching Canada v Georgia at Swangard June 23.

I'll be at Swangard to see that game too. Canada vs Georgia is always a good match to watch. A buddy I played rep with for a couple years will be sitting the bench for the Canada/Georgia game.

Mmmmmm. Beer and rugby. My tickets are already safely stashed away. Should be a very drunk weekend.  8)

AJFitzpatrick said:
Sadly, the Canadian team isn't completely professional  (in terms of all players playing for pro club teams, I think they are A carded though) . Planing on Watching Canada v Georgia at Swangard June 23.

I think he was more or less referring too top caliber of play.

HULK_011 said:
Last year 2CMBG had teams from 1 RCR, 3 RCR, 2 RCHA and the RCD's. Should be the same again this year.

Which union do they play in ?  EORU ?  Or is it intersection ?

Easy there sailor, I don't think the RQMS will let you go to Pet to play intersection rugby.

211RadOp said:
Easy there sailor, I don't think the RQMS will let you go to Pet to play intersection rugby.

I already minuted his memo ... just not that one. ;)

211RadOp said:

Oh trust me I have no intention of that, just asking out of curiosities sake lol

Only its not Ice Hockey ;D Canada plays Russia today in Colwyn Bay, Wales in their second international during this international rugby test period. 

The boys played Samoa last weekend and lost 42-12, which left a lot to be desired.  Samoa just beat Wales 26-19 so we always were going to have to play out of our skin for that game.  I expect a far better performance tonight from the boys against Russia though, so if you have nothing to do tonight and are missing hockey tune into TSN tonight and watch some good old Canadian boys duke it out against the Russians in international rugby!

http://www.rugbycanada.ca/leagues/homeRugbyCanada.cfm?leagueID=0&clientID=3817&link=RugbyCanada

http://www.tsn.ca/rugby/story/?id=408679

Also a shout out to two fellow NBers in the team Jebb Sinclair and Chauncey O'Toole.  Two world class athletes from NB who receive little accolade due to rugby being a fringe sport in Canada.  Jebb just won the Currie Cup in South Africa playing for Western Province and also played in the Super 15  (The NHL of rugby with teams from Australia, South Africa and New Zealand).

Jebb+Sinclair+Sharks+v+DHL+Western+Province+8v-szYq4uC0l.jpg

Jebb holding the Currie Cup

RoyalDrew said:
....so if you have nothing to do tonight and are missing hockey are a man (or an awesome woman) tune into TSN tonight and watch some good old Canadian boys duke it out against the Russians in international rugby!
Today is rugby day! I'll be watching Scotland vs South Africa and England vs Australia -- probably pass on the other televised game, since the All Blacks are going to stomp Italy -- as warm-up for the Canada game.
        :cheers:

I just got told that if I want to watch this, it'll have to be in hiding in the basement...oh well  ;D.  Hopefully a better score thann against Samoa, lol.

MM

It turns out that the NZ-Italy game wasn't too shabby. While the Kiwis led throughout, Italy definitely showed up to play; the score was similar to our trouncing by Samoa, but the play was completely different.

Next Friday Canada plays the All-Blacks' tier 2 team, which probably won't be pretty, then Saturday's another all-day rugby fest, with:

Ireland vs Argentina
England vs South Africa
Scotland vs Tonga
France vs Samoa
Wales vs New Zealand
Italy vs Australia
                                        ;D

Journeyman said:
It turns out that the NZ-Italy game wasn't too shabby. While the Kiwis led throughout, Italy definitely showed up to play; the score was similar to our trouncing by Samoa, but the play was completely different.

Next Friday Canada plays the All-Blacks' tier 2 team, which probably won't be pretty, then Saturday's another all-day rugby fest, with:

Ireland vs Argentina
England vs South Africa
Scotland vs Tonga
France vs Samoa
Wales vs New Zealand
Italy vs Australia
                                        ;D

Canada played really well yesterday and the defensive lapses that occurred the previous week were gone.  I watched the Italy game, the Italians have the pack to compete with anyone its just well past number 8 they are junk.  Italy are similar to what Argentina was a few years ago, they steamroll people in the forwards but are found wanting in the backs and usually end up playing 10 man rugby.  Big fan of Castrogiovanni and Parisse though!

We have the opposite problem, awesome backs but a our tight 5 is junk!  The italian game this summer was ours for the taking but our pack got steamrolled in the scrum!

One of Canada's biggest problems has always been a weak bench coupled with the tendency to fade physically mid way into the second half.  That has been much improved since RWC, but a long way to go yet. 

Agreed, we still have a problem with lack of depth.  We were missing Cudmore, Van Der Merwe, Kleeberger and we missed Sinclair for the first game against Samoa.  You add those four guys into the team and I believe the Samoa game would have been a little different.  This is especially true with Cudmore as the man is a beast and will front up with anyone!  If we had him in the engine room we would be able to have him and Hotson in the engine room and move Sinclair to the back-row.  It still amazes me that we continually start Sinclair in second-row even though he plays in the back-row professionally and is one of the few world class players we have.

A3dzaoECYAEFV5L.jpg

We need to get this guy released by Clermont more!

Back