• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"The starting salary may be higher" What does it mean?

toule

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm looking to be a resource management clerk and I asked to a clerk what do "depending on previous experience and training the starting salary may be higher" means on the career development section on the RMS Clerk page on the forces.ca website: http://www.forces.ca/en/job/resourcemanagementsupportclerk-78

The clerk told me that she doesn't know what that mean because everybody start at the same salary. Can someone confirm me that forces.ca website is wrong? I was wondering because I'm a bachelor in business administration, I have 3 years of experience as a professional in human resources and I'm a member of my professional association (and I want to start as a clerk).

Thanks in advance for your help!

toule said:
I'm looking to be a resource management clerk and I asked to a clerk what do "depending on previous experience and training the starting salary may be higher" means on the career development section on the RMS Clerk page on the forces.ca website: http://www.forces.ca/en/job/resourcemanagementsupportclerk-78

The clerk told me that she doesn't know what that mean because everybody start at the same salary. Can someone confirm me that forces.ca website is wrong? I was wondering because I'm a bachelor in business administration, 3 years of experience as a professional in human resources and I'm a member of my professional association (and I want to start as a clerk).

"Technically" it's not wrong, I would put it into the category more of "Very misleading.".  I think that "statement" is gradually being removed from all the listed occupations.

When I joined as a DEO, my platoon on BMOQ had 9 other people on it the exact same trade. Some of us were fresh out of university, some had worked in industry or other fields for a varying number of years prior to joining. We all started at the same rank, but not all at the same incentive level, it varied from Basic to Level 4 for some of us. Thus in that case, despite many similarities, some of us did start at different incentive levels, or a different starting salary if you will.

Now whether that would still happen today, or how it was decided on which level different people would start at... Your guess is as good as mine.

Unless you have previous military service in the CAF, just ignore the comment "depending on previous experience and training the starting salary may be higher" in reference to RMS Clerk.

Thank you for the answers!

I do have experience in the reserve as a RMS Clerk. I will talk about it with someone else at the recruiting center. Thank you again!

They told me that they dont hire people with higher pay scale anymore and that everybody starts at the same salary. They will remove it from the website in the coming months.

Back