• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"The stuff the army issues is useless" and "no non-issue kit over seas!"

When lost one simply buys a new map and starts over, as the old map might be wrong.
  Apparently in-action is in fact a course of action.

See PM.

KevinB said:
2003-2004

I know that MJP's made it beyond 1 VP and beyond 1 CMBG.

Yea We got a response from NDHQ.  It pretty much said they are aware of the problem and had scheduled trials for modular gear.

If any one wants to read it.

http://dgmssc.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/ucrs/frameset.asp search by temp Id 10664

Does anyone have a currently working non-DIN link to the UCR / CF 777 form and the policy / directive WRT completing same?
Thanks

OK disregard my post above.  Managed to get on the DWAN last night long enough to track down the handbook for online reporting.

So, the CAF has decided to modify all bivy bags by cutting them open and putting a zipper in place.
I guess somebody complained that the current bags work for keeping water out.

MCG said:
So, the CAF has decided to modify all bivy bags by cutting them open and putting a zipper in place.

But it makes the bag heavier and noisier as well. Isn't that important to you either?  ;D

MCG said:

Gah! You can have my bivy bag from my cold dead body!

MCG said:

Too many good idea fairies. I'm somewhat glad I'm near CRA but at the same time I fear for the young soldiers coming up. So much talent will be wasted.

MCG said:

Or somebody wasn't slender enough to slide into one and bring their arms in over their head. We do have the FORCE test now, time to modify the kit for those unable to lift their arms above their head.

PuckChaser said:
Or somebody wasn't slender enough to slide into one and bring their arms in over their head. We do have the FORCE test now, time to modify the kit for those unable to lift their arms above their head.

Does that mean armless combat tunics now? for greater range of movement?  >:D

MilEME09 said:
PuckChaser said:
Does that mean armless combat tunics now? for greater range of movement?  >:D

I wonder if it is the kit that is limiting their motion, or their physique?  Some people can't lift their arms above their head without any cloths to restrict their motion.  However, the numbers of 'house apes' in the service are low, so it shouldn't be a major concern.  >:D

MCG said:

Can we get a confirmation on this? Email, photos??

The original bivvy bag presented a suffocation hazard to our younger members. It was determined that a warning label would diminish the visual effect of the CADPAT material. The preferred option was to recall the item and enhance it with an "egress, zip fastener, tactical".

Rheostatic said:
The original bivvy bag presented a suffocation hazard to our younger members. It was determined that a warning label would diminish the visual effect of the CADPAT material. The preferred option was to recall the item and enhance it with an "egress, zip fastener, tactical".

I really hope its rumint, but we got told the new bivy bag was because an individual couldn't get out of it when their tent caught fire...

Bzzliteyr said:
Can we get a confirmation on this? Email, photos??
I have seen it, but took no pictures.  You can look it up in CGCS under the following NSNs:
    8465-20-007-2648
    8465-20-007-2649
    8465-20-007-2650
    8465-20-007-2651

Hamish Seggie said:
Too many good idea fairies.
The PM or LCMM (I am a few relays along in the telephone game) is pointing the finger back at the field force for this.  Apparently it was an infantry focus group that made the recomendation.

MCG said:
I have seen it, but took no pictures.  You can look it up in CGCS under the following NSNs:
    8465-20-007-2648
    8465-20-007-2649
    8465-20-007-2650
    8465-20-007-2651
The PM or LCMM (I am a few relays along in the telephone game) is pointing the finger back at the field force for this.  Apparently it was an infantry focus group that made the recomendation.

This kind of FOCUS group?  ;D

F**k
Off
Cause
Ur
Stupid

Back