• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Ugly NHL Jersey Thread

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Inactive
Reaction score
;D

Just had a little break to watch the top 10 Ugliest NHL Jerseys..........Well top 9.

http://en.video.sympatico.ca/index.php/en/video/sports/6/hockey/89/ugly-jerseys/367/ugly-hockey-jersey-1/79347100001

Dear god, those are some awful looking jerseys.

Oh wow those are just terrible. Does anyone know where I can buy eye soap?

While those are pretty ugly, the worst of the worst is ANY jersey that says "Ottawa Senators".  ;D

TimBit said:
Spoken like a true Leafs fan... hem LOSERS hem...  >:D

As in the last time Ottawa won the cup was 1927/28?

ModlrMike said:
As in the last time Ottawa won the cup was 1927/28?
Ah!

Have you looked at the Cup?  Who won all but one or two of the first approx twenty years of its being presented?

[edit]

Guess I got that wrong.......Google info doesn't match what I seem to remember of the top cup on the Stanley Cup in the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Vancouver has never had an ugly jersey. In fact my favourite jersey of all time was the Canuck's one from the early 90s.  As for ugliest.... Montreal's 100th anniversary one.
They all looked like they had escaped from the nut house.
(Considering they were playing for Montreal, they probably DID)

Edit: I just remembered the colours Vancouver use now, so I have to retract my statement about them never having an ugly jersey.

TimBit said:
Spoken like a true Leafs fan... hem LOSERS hem...  >:D

Okay okay.. it's been since '67 (before I was even born) but...

Toronto Maple Leafs Stanley cup wins / appearances:  13 wins out of 23 Appearances.
Ottawa Senators Stanley Cup wins / appearances:  1 LOSS out of 1 appearance. 

*The Ottawa Senators Amateur Hockey Club won the Stanley Cup 11 times when it was a challenge cup, but the Ottawa Senators Franchise (as in as a Professional Hockey Team) have never won.    :nod:

...I'm just sayin'

cn said:
...I'm just sayin'

If you care about the Leafs the best thing you could do is boycott them. Don't go the games or watch them them on tv. They won those Cups in a league with half a dozen teams.

uncle-midget-Oddball said:
Vancouver has never had an ugly jersey. In fact my favourite jersey of all time was the Canuck's one from the early 90s.  As for ugliest.... Montreal's 100th anniversary one.
They all looked like they had escaped from the nut house.
(Considering they were playing for Montreal, they probably DID)

Edit: I just remembered the colours Vancouver use now, so I have to retract my statement about them never having an ugly jersey.

I'm sorry, but I think Vancouver was the uncontested frontrunner in the ugly jersey race for many years.  The only one of theirs that was acceptable in my view was the one with the orca formed into a "C."  That one is cool.  All the rest, YUCK!

I always thought this one was unbelievably bad:
pooh%20bear.jpg

Hated this one:
Nordiques%20jersey.jpg

Copious amounts of hallucinogens must've been taken to think that this design was any good:
31X1JSZgTsL._AA280_.jpg

And this one's only redeeming feature is that it makes good emergency bumwad:
Montreal_Canadiens_Jersey.jpg

Back