• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The US Presidency 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox News has also turned sour against Trump, as is relayed here by Maddow.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/multiple-news-outlets-mirror-report-of-trump-denigrating-veterans-91166789918

This is proving to be a lot bigger than Trump and the Dems know they have a bone in their teeth with this one.

If there's any political issue that can create the perfect storm for Americans, this is it. It absolutely must be put down and defused by Trump's handlers.

It wasn’t that long ago The Atlantic was bought by Laurene Powell Jobs — a huge leftist and Joe Biden mega-donor.

So it all makes sense now.
The Gateway Pundit

Laurene Powell Jobs, widow of Apple founder Steve Jobs, will soon co-own The Atlantic magazine.

Chairman and current owner of Atlantic Media David G. Bradley said Friday that he'll be selling the majority of the magazine to Emerson Collective, the social justice organization led by Jobs.
Cnet

Emerson Collective is a progressive media which is doing good things however, it is left leaning. (Note: nothing wrong with that)

More on Jobs and her social justice org:
All the while, she tended to Emerson Collective, quietly assembling a kind of Justice League of practical progressives:
The Washington Post

Former Congressman Joe Walsh, an ardent critic of the president, who ran against him in the Republican primary in 2020, spoke out against the story on Friday. “I oppose Donald Trump with every bone in my body, but to put out a story like this 60 days before an election all based on ‘anonymous sources’ is just wrong,” he said.
The Federalist Papers

And an actual witness to the events, Jordan Karem, the president’s former body man who was willing to have his name known, said that the story is a fabrication.
Twitter

John Robert’s just destroyed the fake hit piece that The Atlantic
Twitter

I’ll stick with my original post and state that the Atlantic article is hogwash.

Looks like OB doesn't want to comment yet he deducted me mil points again. This is the 2nd or 3rd time he/she has done that.

Okay OB - if you refuse to comment on the post then keep your nose out of it.

That is all.

shawn5o said:
Looks like OB doesn't want to comment yet he deducted me mil points again. This is the 2nd or 3rd time he/she has done that.

That is all.

Not how it works. Milpoints effectively serve as a means to give a thumbs up or thumbs down. No other commentary is necessary or expected; that’s something the page admins have addressed prior to your arrival here, so you wouldn’t have been aware.

shawn5o said:

That is all.

Thats  not for you to decide.....

Brihard said:
Not how it works. Milpoints effectively serve as a means to give a thumbs up or thumbs down. No other commentary is necessary or expected; that’s something the page admins have addressed prior to your arrival here, so you wouldn’t have been aware.

Thanks Brihard

It just bugs me to no end when a poster refuses to debate, contradict, or at least stating the reason why he/she objects to whatever article/thoughts.

I do apologize when I'm wrong.

P.S. I breezed over the rules but not the mil points rule - my bad. I remember awarding points w/o commenting.

My apologies to OB

Glenn Greenwald, at The Intercept, has an opinion about what confirmation is and is not and how it relates to Goldberg's story.

It's been almost 12 years since the fake national guard memo blow-up.  Be ironic if this turns out the same (story turns out to be untrue after people pushing it go to the wall on behalf of their sources).

Gentle reminder here of this post: https://army.ca/forums/threads/132752/post-1622230.html#msg1622230

The BLUF being don't post an article without comment or context as to why you think it its poignant to the discussion. If people want to read the news, there's thousands of sites to do that. To discuss the news, it requires independent thought not just an article link.

We'll just start binning posts that do not provide any context other than a Google/News Article link.

-Milnet.ca Staff

Hoo boy Did I ever step in the dog poo.

First, I apologize to everyone here, especially to OB and Gap. I reacted w/o thinging things through. But couldn't you guys offer me a last cigarette before the firing squad?

Secondly, this is why I love this site. Sure, its sort of regimented but it is fair. I learn from everyone here. It makes me think then I learn.

Thank you - Lesson learned

shawn5o said:

First, I apologize to everyone here, especially to OB and Gap. I reacted w/o thinging things through. But couldn't you guys offer me a last cigarette before the firing squad?

Secondly, this is why I love this site. Sure, its sort of regimented but it is fair. I learn from everyone here. It makes me think then I learn.

Meh, I wouldn’t be coming here if it wasn’t interesting or one sided in opinions.

shawn5o said:

shawn5o,

Many of us have stepped in the doogy pooh on this site. I have been registered on this site since the same year as you; a bit more posts but also a bit more active as you took a respite. I tend to post in items of interest.

Most of the contributors on this site are very knowledgeable; some are SME's. They will often challenge your opinion (or support it). I have been chastised for posts on a number of occasions, in the ensuing debates I won some and lost some, but as you said, I also have learned from everyone here, and continue to do so daily.

If I have learned nothing else, it is to be prepared to defend a position. There are folks here from across multi-disciplines, backgrounds, and views. It makes for lively and stimulating discussion, and ofttimes, pushback

I do not think that you have worn the "Pink Frame of Shame" yet. Many of us have, it is a learning experience.

Good luck, and keep contributing to the conversation

Trump launches unprecedented attack on military leadership he appointed
By Barbara Starr and Ryan Browne, CNN

(CNN)President Donald Trump launched an unprecedented public attack against the leadership of the US military on Monday, accusing them of waging wars to boost the profits of defense manufacturing companies.

"I'm not saying the military's in love with me -- the soldiers are, the top people in the Pentagon probably aren't because they want to do nothing but fight wars so that all of those wonderful companies that make the bombs and make the planes and make everything else stay happy," Trump told reporters at a White House news conference.

Trump's extraordinary comments come as several defense officials tell CNN relations between the President and Pentagon leadership are becoming increasingly strained.

See rest of article here.

Video here.

:cheers:

FJAG said:

Video here.

At this point, notwithstanding the novelty of the specific target (which I actually wouldn't even call a novelty; ), can Trump randomly blasting off against any person or group he has decided he has a grievance against be called 'unprecedented'? I mean, there's tons of precedent for this sort of self-absorbed rant by now.

FJAG said:

Video here.

What did you think about Trumps comments where he mentions Americans youth going to fight endless wars and the top people in the Pentagon making the weapon and bomb companies happy?

Jarnhamar said:
What did you think about Trumps comments where he mentions Americans youth going to fight endless wars and the top people in the Pentagon making the weapon and bomb companies happy?

The Pentagon doesn't drop warheads on foreheads without the president's say-so, so that's empty rhetoric on his part.

It's a bit rich of someone with multiple draft deferments to pretend to lament the youth going off to fight while others stay at home and get wealthy...

- DS edit to comply with political forum guidelines.

Brihard said:
The Pentagon doesn't drop warheads on foreheads without the president's say-so, so that's empty rhetoric on his part.

True but I think he was referring to the war business. Halliburton et el.

It's a bit rich of someone with multiple draft deferments to pretend to lament the youth going off to fight while others stay at home and get wealthy...
Yea I bet he'd skip a military funeral to get a hamburger. But is he right though? Regardless of anything to do with him does American youth keep getting shipped off to an endless war?

Should the US suck back and stop getting involved in everyone else's business or should they drive forward and dig in as the worlds police?  Trump campaigned on pulling back. Whether he's sincere in that is another question but I wonder if that's something American support.  I don't think the big war machine companies will agree for obvious reasons.

Brihard said:

Good message, but the wrong messenger perhaps. He isn't the first President to be skeptical of the military-industrial complex, though.

There are definitely those who are happy to profit from conflict as long as it doesn't involve any personal sacrifice from them or their loved ones. It's no longer even just traditional "bullet and bomb" defence contractors, Big Tech and the many smaller related companies are happy to pursue lucrative military contracts while employing many who are downright hostile to the idea of ever serving their country. If people think the alleged comments by Trump are bad, they might be shocked to find out what civilians at some of these places think of those that join the military. Not that this should be a surprise to anyone...

Jarnhamar said:
But is he right though? Regardless of anything to do with him does American youth keep getting shipped off to an endless war?

Should the US suck back and stop getting involved in everyone else's business or should they drive forward and dig in as the worlds police?  Trump campaigned on pulling back. Whether he's sincere in that is another question but I wonder if that's something American support.  I don't think the big war machine companies will agree for obvious reasons.

Yeah, we've finally got to the point of asking those questions. It's been the elephant in the room all along.
And it's the reason why I've remarked several times that I really have no preference for either Biden or Trump.

And in fact I've even suggested that Trump could be the best bet for world peace, definitely with Russia and probably with China too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back