• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The War in Ukraine

The ICJ and UN etc have no power to enforce the Geneva conventions so chances are they will never face punishment. (The SVU might have other ideas after the war however)

True, but Team UKR has been adept at managing the "what goes 'round, comes 'round" machine, so anyone doing this shit should still be looking over their shoulders.

Well now... The word choices in Zelenskys public rhetoric have much higher Q values and he is being pretty direct about western cowardice. Not YET calling out and shaming any country by name but listen and you quickly get the idea. When this is over certain countries will have a long road to follow before being trusted or forgiven.

Well now... The word choices in Zelenskys public rhetoric have much higher Q values and he is being pretty direct about western cowardice. Not YET calling out and shaming any country by name but listen and you quickly get the idea. When this is over certain countries will have a long road to follow before being trusted or forgiven.

Have the Dutch been able to recover from Srebrenica yet?

From the USSR 2.0 MoD info-machine, some "convening" seems to be happening about that pesky border issue thing. An excerpt (highlights mine) ....
1724187406182.png
Source (archived link, original RUS MoD statement in English - text also attached)

Attachments

What catches my eye is "never" - this from RUS state media ....
Screenshot 2024-08-20 202118.jpg
1724199707471.png
Archived link to RIA Novosti/Sputnik article here.

Some MSM coverage of Canada's lack of caveats from last week ....

What catches my eye is "never" - this from RUS state media ....
View attachment 87449
View attachment 87448
Archived link to RIA Novosti/Sputnik article here.

Some MSM coverage of Canada's lack of caveats from last week ....
RUS calling the west “thugs and foreign mercenaries” makes me chuckle.

On the #KurskSideQuest, former Communist Party broadsheet Izvetsia points some fingers re: who helped out (Chrome translation - highlights mine) ....
1724200504850.png
Archived link to original in Russian here - full Chrome translation of text attached.

Attachments

On the #KurskSideQuest, former Communist Party broadsheet Izvetsia points some fingers re: who helped out (Chrome translation - highlights mine) ....
View attachment 87450
Archived link to original in Russian here - full Chrome translation of text attached.
Russians really don’t like admitting that the Ukrainians have laid the asswhooping in Kursk by themselves.

Own goal.

That last sentence makes no sense.
Low budget Chrome browser translation = low budget results :) Here's a DeepL translation (free version, of course) of the same para ....
The operation of the AFU in Kursk region was prepared with the participation of special services of the USA, Great Britain and Poland. The press bureau of the Foreign Intelligence Service told Izvestiya. They added that the units involved in the attack had undergone combat alignment in training centers in Britain and Germany. Experts emphasize that the Ukrainian attack is essentially doomed to failure. Moreover, Moscow will not negotiate with Kiev now because of its aggressive actions. Why the West needed to enter the Russian region and how advisers of the North Atlantic Alliance countries are now helping the AFU are discussed in Izvestia.

A couple of tidbits out of the #KurskSideQuest, courtesy of USA's Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty ...
Text of RUS Foreign Ministry's "BAD Americans!" statement (including mentions of American PMCs helping out UKR) attached

Attachments

Low budget Chrome browser translation = low budget results :) Here's a DeepL translation (free version, of course) of the same para ....
Because the State Department and WH plan for the war was going so well.......

The Russians had found a "successful strategy" (If you don't give a sh*t about your troops). Spend your troops to find the fortifications and glide bomb them out of existence, rinse and repeat. Russia I suspect figures they got the troops and AFV for two more years of that type of fighting, which will grind down the Ukrainians and force them backwards. The Russians likley figured that the West or Ukraine would settle on a poor deal before that point.
Ukraine could see this too and decided to toss a wild card in with the Kursk incursion. If Russia cannot drive them out quickly, it's going to change the game and force the Russian to spend resources there and to increase the defences on the rest of the border. The only benefit for Russia is that they now can lawfully send the conscripts to fight in the Kursk region, but at the same time, they can't afford to lose to many of them, for political stability reasons. It's impossible to say how this failure to protect Russia proper will cost Putin, but I bet he now sleeps with both eyes open.

Because the State Department and WH plan for the war was going so well.......

The Russians had found a "successful strategy" (If you don't give a sh*t about your troops). Spend your troops to find the fortifications and glide bomb them out of existence, rinse and repeat. Russia I suspect figures they got the troops and AFV for two more years of that type of fighting, which will grind down the Ukrainians and force them backwards. The Russians likley figured that the West or Ukraine would settle on a poor deal before that point.
Ukraine could see this too and decided to toss a wild card in with the Kursk incursion. If Russia cannot drive them out quickly, it's going to change the game and force the Russian to spend resources there and to increase the defences on the rest of the border. The only benefit for Russia is that they now can lawfully send the conscripts to fight in the Kursk region, but at the same time, they can't afford to lose to many of them, for political stability reasons. It's impossible to say how this failure to protect Russia proper will cost Putin, but I bet he now sleeps with both eyes open.
I dont know about the 2 yrs of AFV and artillery though or even the troops. Although with Russia there just seems to be an incredible capacity for misery. At some point the stock left over is the real dregs and is almost more trouble than building new. Incredible really

I dont know about the 2 yrs of AFV and artillery though or even the troops. Although with Russia there just seems to be an incredible capacity for misery. At some point the stock left over is the real dregs and is almost more trouble than building new. Incredible really
Most of the educated guesses gives them 2 years of old AFV stores to draw upon. I figure that in 2 years of this loss rate, it going to have political problems for Moscow.

Most of the educated guesses gives them 2 years of old AFV stores to draw upon. I figure that in 2 years of this loss rate, it going to have political problems for Moscow.

yeah but I think the 2 yrs leaves them with no stock left over, and Im not sure it accounts for the condition of the stock. As time goes on less and less of the stock will be easily refurbished. Even right now I think that refurbishment time is the bottleneck.

Back