• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

the wounded of iraq and afghanistan

kurokaze

Inactive
Reaction score
This is pretty scary. I know most of us wouldn‘t hesitate to die for our country, but what if you don‘t die? you come back severely wounded, possibly missing a few limbs.
http://www.thememoryhole.org/war/wounded/

No one ever really thinks about losing an arm, a leg or both arms and legs. This log puts things into perspective. Gave me shivers while reading it..

All I know is when that ever happens to me I‘ll have a single bullet waiting at home for me. I ain‘t ever gonna accept losen a limb and becoming a cripple

I used to know a hunter, dan managin, lost both his arms to a farm accident but still managed to chop a whole cord of wood every day. (With out arms)

That‘s a great response Jay, if you‘re auditioning for a Rambo movie, but in grown-up land, it‘s selfish, and immature. I have no doubt that this crosses many a mind of people who find themselves in this situation. Once they accept the fact though, and take stock of their life, that‘s when the "wheat and the chaff" go their separate ways. I‘m sure your parents, siblings, wife, children, friends, etc., would rather have you missing a limb, than not at all. The "single-bullet" way out is selfish, and weak. "Adapt and overcome", "soldier on", etc., is the way to go. You‘d be amazed at the quality of life people can have, regardless of disabilty.

Back