• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ticking the 'Do Not Contact' Box on Employment History

Ovitom said:
No worries, I didn't think you were :)
I guess another thing I should mention is that I am sort of trapped in a religious cult (have been my whole life) and this is why my family, past employer, and current employer all know each other. I am hoping that if I'm offered a job in the CF, that will be the last I have to do with my family, and I can move on with my own life (please keep in mind that this isn't the only reason I want to join, it is a lifelong dream to be in the CF). My parents don't have any sway in my life apart from the fact that I currently depend on them for a place to live. Once I leave, i will more or less be disowned so they definitely won't be bothering me...
Thank you v much for your honest opinion.

If this is the reality of your situation, then I’d advise not using the military as a means of escape, if that’s a portion of your thinking, or feeling like it will magically make your problems disappear and everything will be hunky-dory.

Remove yourself from any non-ideal circumstances first, deal with/manage the fall-out, get yourself help if you need it and into a healthier situation, and do what you have to do before you apply. If you don’t, I can pretty much guarantee that anything left unresolved will come back to haunt you in some way, shape or form while you’re trying to focus on your training and subsequent job performance, which will complicate many facets of your military experience, least of all, your mental health.

How old are you? I left home at 16yrs of age due to an unhealthy home environment. It was hard and I struggled, but I eventually made everything work and I don’t regret my decision. I’m assuming you’re older than that, so if you’re resourceful, you’re aware of what options are available to you regarding housing, school, etc. and you’re willing to knuckle down for a bit while things settle, you’ll be in a much better position to move forward with your professional aspirations.

Sure, there’s a possibility you apply, get in without your family finding out, when they eventually do find out (if it’s the situation you say it is) there’s zero drama and everything is 100% smooth from then on and you have a wonderfully long and prosperous military career. But I’m doubtful.

BeyondTheNow said:
Sure, there’s a possibility you apply, get in without your family finding out, when they eventually do find out (if it’s the situation you say it is) there’s zero drama and everything is 100% smooth from then on and you have a wonderfully long and prosperous military career. But I’m doubtful.

Ok thank you for your answer. I appreciate the input.

Back