• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tim Hortons hiking prices on coffee, bagels

Bintheredunthat said:
As for the credit card thing, i was surprised to hear that businesses actually can waive the necessity of a signature for a set amount.  Not just the $25 mentioned, my grocery store clerk did this the other day for an amount below $60.  Will have to research this some more - however if the person had "Check Photo ID" on the back, would they still do this for lower amounts?  Interesting.
Bin
Think of everytime you go to the gas station & feed your card into the pump....no signature / no PIN.... what,s the difference?

geo said:
Think of everytime you go to the gas station & feed your card into the pump....no signature / no PIN.... what,s the difference?

Agreed.  And I have pumped 100 bucks into a tank before, but I think that was the limit for the pump - so that pretty much rules out any set number across the board.  It's all a friggen mystery.  I guess whatever is faster, more efficient for the consumer is best.  Big businesses do make the rules.

In other news, here's a screen shot of the CDA/CCDA I mentioned.

CDA

No word yet on back-dated Coffee Drinker's Allowance as the effective date is this past April. 

Bin

$1.55 for a Lg DD in Woodstock, NB!

Fracking HIGHWAY ROBBERY!

Still only $1.40 in Ottawa.

It was $1.57 in Oromocto last summer. Funny how a few km can change a price.

Regards

C'mon George ...

The price just went down here in NB!!

Yesterday it cost me 3.49 for two extra-large blacks, but today it only cost me 3.46 (thank you Mr Harper -- now on to killing the last 5% --- !!)

Still, even at 3.49 here in 2007 -- they were a whole lot cheaper than they were costing me in PEI!!

(When I left PEI it was costing me 1.84 for an XL black)

Tim Hortens has almost become like buying gas. They could put the price up to $3.00 a cup and we'd still buy it.

We all complain but we still wait in line to get it.

The marketing people at Timmies have done their job very well.

Bintheredunthat-Muzzled said:
Now for my few cents worth......

1)  Is there still a slight savings if you bring your own cup for a refill?  If so (and considering the "green attitude we're being force fed"), perhaps it would be a good way to offset the raise in price - while also doing your part for the environment.  Why TH hasn't developed something recyclable yet is beyond me.  Ok, ok - costs, money, yadda yadda.

Yes there is. I take my own cup everyday (yes I'm a sheep too) and get my large single single for 1.44 vice 1.55. the funny thing is that a lot of the girls pour the milk and sugar and coffee into a disposable cup first and stir it, then they dump it into my mug....I don't get how the company or the environment wins there, but hey....I'm just a sheeple! ;D

George Wallace said:
$1.55 for a Lg DD in Woodstock, NB!

Fracking HIGHWAY ROBBERY!

Still only $1.40 in Ottawa.

Wow !! Mention of my hometown on Army.ca. 
I'll have you know the Greater Woodstock Area (GWA) has three Timmies.  ;D  http://tinyurl.com/2bnvvr
You probably stopped at the one out on the TC Highway.
Not that I would expect any lower prices but  another one is just off the Connell St. exit. Thats where the townies go.  :)

FWIW, I don't like Starbucks coffee.
Java U has "green mountain coffee"..... very nice!

I got addicted to Second Cup's Vanilla Bean Latte when I was in Toronto.  Particularly good with gingerbread spice on it!!

Baden  Guy said:
Not that I would expect any lower prices but  another one is just off the Connell St. exit. Thats where the townies go.  :)

That's the one.  Beside the Mall.  $1.55

Ex-Dragoon said:
There is always Starbucks folks....much better coffee ;)

The price of Timmies would have to go up a lot for me to go there regularly  ::)

I don't particularly like Starbucks, I'd drink Mc Donald's so called coffee before Starbucks again (Yes I have drank Mc Donald's coffee)

NL_engineer said:
The price of Timmies would have to go up a lot for me to go there regularly  ::)

I'm actually starting to become accustomed to the coffee at Sour Grapes on Restigouche (if you made it in there during your time here), but there's no way in hell I'll become a regular there until I finally end my procrastinating and pick up a laptop so I can just stay there ... and caffeinate ... and surf!!

ArmyVern said:
I'm actually starting to become accustomed to the coffee at Sour Grapes on Restigouche (if you made it in there during your time here), but there's no way in hell I'll become a regular there until I finally end my procrastinating and pick up a laptop so I can just stay there ... and caffeinate ... and surf!!

There coffee is good, but it still doesn't beat Timmies tho. 

Now how did I forget about them  ::) o ya, they were only open half the times I went there for coffee  ::)

NL_engineer said:
There coffee is good, but it still doesn't beat Timmies tho. 

Now how did I forget about them  ::) o ya, they were only open half the times I went there for coffee  ::)

Depends ... I like mine extra large and black. I'm not addicted to that 33% cream crap & sugar poured into it. For straight up coffee ... I'm actually liking Sour Grapes now. Only tried my first cup there about a month ago. When I'm doing a coffee run for just me --- I go to Sour Grapes  ... if I'm picking up for everyone at work, well they'd skin me alive if I brought back anything other than Timmies.

That's OK though; it'll end as soon as the new Timmies is up outside the front gate -- then they can all go get their own damn coffee and I'll go elsewhere where there are no lines!!

Call me weird but when I worked in that area (Oromocto) I used to get coffee from Scholltens for the Irish creamers... I didnt find their coffee that bad at all.

Rayman said:
Call me weird but when I worked in that area (Oromocto) I used to get coffee from Scholltens for the Irish creamers... I didnt find their coffee that bad at all.

I'm not a flavoured coffee kind of girl. Don't drink milk EVER. No Baileys, no Irish Cream ... nada.

Just plain old coffee ... black.

There are a few people who go to Schoelton's for their coffee, but with 3 Timmies in town and 1 more on the way, the traffic at Schoeltons seems to be dropping off. Heck, they're not even open 24/7 any more.

Back