• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tim Hortons Kandahar Hat!

Sparkplugs said:
The only ones I've ever seen that were actual Tim Hortons ones, were won in Kandahar as part of their Roll-up-the-rim contests. (And no, you can't have mine, that thing took forever buying coffee to get!)  :p
And you can't have mine, either! :p

tremblayqc said:
Hey everyone I am wondering if anyone knows where I can find the Tim Hortons kandahar hat? I know it's hard to find I've heard, My friends dad was able to get his hand on one of these when he was overseas. Went to my friends house and saw it and now want one. If anyone could let me know if there is some still on the web or anywhere, I am willing to buy.

Thanks  :)

I have an original from 2006, anything after that are not originals, Depending on what the offer is I may let it go as I don't wear it and it only sits in a display case by my desk.  Feel free to e-mail me

2006? Pffft.

I was in Afghanistan in 2003, but you probably never heard of Camp Julien...

/hipster

;D

The only person I know who has one has told me to make sure he is buried in it. Good luck finding one.

Eh, i have one of those!  Either from my 06 or 08 tour...anyway not for sale.

Derkson said:
400 bucks if anyone wants it bad enough 

That may be a bargain for anyone who wants it bad enough,

ArmySailor said:
And the hat goes for 5k (apparently somebody offered a girl that).
From the Tim Hortons in Theatre Merged Thread.

I wouldn't pay $4 for it.  I always thought they were bloody ugly.  I kick my ass though that I didn't keep one of cups as a souvenir.

Saw these - two different patterns - for sale,
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tim-Hortons-Tan-Camo-Hat-Kandahar-Afghanistan-Mint-ULTRA-RARE-/151906417199?hash=item235e53fa2f
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collectibles/oakville-halton-region/special-edition-tim-hortons-kandahar-camouflage-hat/1110815499?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

The second one in that link is a much later and common one, and the first link is either a fake or a second run, the tag for the original should read.....
65% POLYESTER / 35% COTTON
65% POLYESTER / 35% COTON
ADJUSTABLE / AJUSTABLE
CA 42433
MADE IN VIETNAM
FABRIQUE AU VIETNAM
White's
  Custom
      Cresting
TEL: (902)755-5776

These were the ones that were bought as blanks in very limited qty's and shipped back home to get stitching done, I don't know when the one shown on ebay came out like I said it is either a fake or a later run and in either case there were a lot more of those produced even though it has the chocolate chip pattern and says CA42433 the difference is noticeable to those who have the first production runs.

Decided to throw it up on EBAY if you want this GEM bid away!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/272078311644?

Hi all,

I wanted to let you know that I was blessed with an original-run Tim Hortons' hat like this while in Afghanistan as a CFPSA employee in 2007, and have decided to sell it.  At KAF, I was involved in the receiving of seas containers of Tim Hortons products.  As the Shipping/Receiving Coordinator, I had two CFPSA hats and my Timmies cap was not a required part of my uniform.  I never wore my camo Tim Hortons hat, and kept it in mint condition as a souvenir of an incredible experience.  This Christmas I was looking through my souvenirs at my parents' home in Ottawa, and was sad to see this beautiful hat boxed.

The hat is a genuine piece of kit I was given while on tour in 2007 as a civilian at Kandahar Air Field, not long after the grand opening of the location on Canada Day in 2006.  In the listing I will include detailed photos, including the tag, for verification.

The item will go for auction on eBay.ca this Thursday 21 Jan, at 8:30 PM EST.  The title will be: "Tim Hortons Kandahar Afghanistan Cammo Hat" and I'll post a link here.  I was so happy to receive it, and I'm sure it will go to someone who will treasure this unique piece of Canada's history as I have.

They are neat items.  I am happy to have a few of the different variations.

Is there still demand for these?  I have one of the original hats, as described below, in unworn condition.  I was thinking of listing it on eBay or Kijiji or something.

Derkson said:
(snip) the tag for the original should read.....
65% POLYESTER / 35% COTTON
65% POLYESTER / 35% COTON
ADJUSTABLE / AJUSTABLE
CA 42433
MADE IN VIETNAM
FABRIQUE AU VIETNAM
White's
  Custom
      Cresting
TEL: (902)755-5776

These were the ones that were bought as blanks in very limited qty's and shipped back home to get stitching done, I don't know when the one shown on ebay came out like I said it is either a fake or a later run and in either case there were a lot more of those produced even though it has the chocolate chip pattern and says CA42433 the difference is noticeable to those who have the first production runs.

coyo said:
Is there still demand for these?  I have one of the original hats, as described below, in unworn condition.  I was thinking of listing it on eBay or Kijiji or something.

I'd love to get my hands on one.  I missed my chance to get to the sandbox :(

IMG_3521_zps7tgna1ro.jpg

IMG_3522_zpscr6s1efd.jpg

IMG_3525_zpsel7wtyge.jpg

IMG_3523_zpsyfjfh2ns.jpg

IMG_3524_zpsit17pbis.jpg

[/quote]

Would anyone have any idea of the current value of a original 2006 Camo cap ?
Never worn and has been packed away in a box since returning to Canada late
summer 2006.

Would anyone have any idea of the current value of a original 2006 Camo cap ?
Never worn and has been packed away in a box since returning to Canada late
summer 2006.

This one's going for 600 bucks:

Back