• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tim Hortons - The Good - The Bad & The Missed

CDN Aviator said:
So here when i make a run to Tim's, guys as for "NATO standard". What is it in the UAE ? "Jihad standard" ?

Was the coffee so bad in the UAE where you had to go from an "allied" standard to an "aggressor" standard?

Best - Another vote for the Timho's at CFB Edmonton. They have a prescient ability to predict how much change to hand you. How do they know that...you get your coffee and your change at the same time?!
Runner up - Moncton. I had a 6km commute and could drive past 7 Timho's.
Also, they are big supporters of kids activities in the community with all the Timbits soccer teams.

Worst - CFB Borden. Friendly, but too slow.

Miss - Always Fresh.

Best- Goderich ON, back when they had a smoking room. So fun as a teen, until Dad's buddies showed up and I had to duck.

Worst- Petawawa Blvd. Knew all the kids working there as had taught them but still never got my order right. Then there is the traffic. One year my DH lived in the little white house that shares the driveway ( gone now?) with the Tims. He had to join the Tim H drive thru line up most days in order to get out of his driveway. Once when we were walking home from the bar we saw the train stop, activating the arms and lights, the crew jump out, get a coffee and get back on the train. They must have started applying the brakes in Pembroke!

Miss- real donuts not the frozen gunk they sell now. For a real donut go to to Culberts in Goderich ON.

Best was the OLD Timmies at Base Petawawa.....The line could go out the door and you could still be served in five minutes.....Not today with the brand new one.

Worse, I agree is the one in the Canex at CFB Kingston......A line of one will still wait five or more minutes.

Miss.....Real Apple Fritters like they had before they became more "efficient" and did away with their bakers.....Not the pre-prepped ones they have now.....more like a .........a.............soggy ..... can't even describe how bad they changed them.

CDN Aviator said:
So here when i make a run to Tim's, guys as for "NATO standard". What is it in the UAE ? "Jihad standard" ?

:rofl:

Coming from someone who didn't really drink Timmys in Canada, I miss just being able to have a coffee that doesn't cost more than $4 AUD.  Aussies think coffee is either some frou-frou chic thing that you have to pay out the nose for, or crappy freeze-dried instant stuff.  I think I'll have to switch to drinking tea if this keeps on going like this.

Oh, and I miss donuts.  Any donuts at all. 

CDN Aviator said:

Infidel standard... duh..  ;D

And the worst Timmies is the Canex one in Kingston. I think a lot of us can agree to that one.

Back