• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Time line for Medical, Merit list, Swearing in and Leaving for BMQ

smash2861

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi
I have had an application going since February. My CFAT was great, my interview was awesome and then for some reason I hadn't heard aything since May. I finally got some answers when I went in and actually got to speak to someone in Medical. They said I was missing microbiology urinalysis.  So I got that and then a few days later I got a letter saying I was missing my ECG, which I wasn't.  After trying to contact someone in medical for almost two weeks I went in and she (the same person who mailed the letter) told me I did have an ECG on file already but am missing a fasting blood test because my first one was random. But no one has been trying to tell me about any of this missing info.
Feeling like they are messing up my file alot and I wanted to know how long medical in Ottawa takes. I will hopefully be handing in my blood test results by Friday or Monday next week (20th of Oct.) Which hopefully will be sent away ASAP but I know the last BMQ start date for this year is Nov. 10th. Is there any way I will be sworn in and going to the BMQ or should I be expecting it in the new year?

I know there are a lot of factors but has anyone been through a similar experience and is it unheard of for me to get all this done in 2 weeks?

I got told the other day by my recruiter that the time frame we can expect for before being accepted into a career/job in the military
could be anywhere from 1-3 years
I've already been a year for me and my applications are on hold for another 1/2 a years. so looking like a 2-3 year process for me.

It varies case to case, especially when you need to submit documentation. It can take as little as 5 months or as you said 3 years. Best practice is to call every now and then to check up on it.

The recruitment process really is a hurry up and wait sort of ordeal. It was a year to the day from the time I applied, to the day i got my offer. Heading in to week 8 of my BMQ now

There is no real "standard" when it comes to wait times. I applied in March, wrote my CFAT in April, Interview in August, Medical in September, job offered in October and told I'm leaving in less than 2 weeks!

Other people go much quicker, like my brother who's application process only took about 4 months. I know some people have been waiting upwards to a year just to get an interview. Each applicant is different, some are more competitive, some trades have limited space etc...

Back